2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I was with you on that until about 5 days ago. 
Then I really looked back at his skill set. 
The change of direction. The acceleration. They ability to hand catch. Hand eye coordination. Stop and go. RAC ability. Hard to tackle (like AJ). 

Then add on the fact that he obviously is a gym rat to get his body right. Then today he jumps out the building runs a 4.3. Again I'm not big on numbers but I see all those traitson video. He needs to prove he can run routes. But I think if someone likes Toney they should have love for Moore too. Toney looks to better route runner, but as far as what they did in college. I see the same skills. Moore is just bigger. 

Moore is bigger than Toney?? Where?!?!

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I was with you on that until about 5 days ago. 
Then I really looked back at his skill set. 
The change of direction. The acceleration. They ability to hand catch. Hand eye coordination. Stop and go. RAC ability. Hard to tackle (like AJ). 

Then add on the fact that he obviously is a gym rat to get his body right. Then today he jumps out the building runs a 4.3. Again I'm not big on numbers but I see all those traitson video. He needs to prove he can run routes. But I think if someone likes Toney they should have love for Moore too. Toney looks to better route runner, but as far as what they did in college. I see the same skills. Moore is just bigger. 

Oh, he's definitely athletic, I just think Toney is much, much more refined as an overall receiver and much more advanced in his route running, with pretty much the same RAC potential.

I think Moore is a guy you would need to scheme open with crossing routes, screens, end-arounds, while Toney is a guy you could actually trust to win matchups against corners (on the outside too) more. I'd draft Toney in the 1st, not sure I'd spend more than a 3rd on Moore, is pretty much where I'm at.

Still on the Elijah Moore bandwagon as far as WRs. I’m probably alone in this, but I’d have no problem if he was the WR we took in the 1st. It’s bold but I see some Antonio Brown in his game.

He and AJ Brown already have a great relationship and would push each other if he were on the team.

38 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Still on the Elijah Moore bandwagon as far as WRs. I’m probably alone in this, but I’d have no problem if he was the WR we took in the 1st. It’s bold but I see some Antonio Brown in his game.

He and AJ Brown already have a great relationship and would push each other if he were on the team.

I wouldn't mind it. 
To me it's hard to go wrong with any of those WRs projected to go in the 1st or 2nd. There is something to love about all them. 
They have some differences, but each brings something that I personally would love to add to the Titans. 

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Would anyone be surprised at Landon Dickerson being the pick?

I would hate it more than Wilson pick at the moment. At the least Wilson was an OT where we let Conklin go.
I can understand picking a RT in this draft more than last year. Would hate an OT at 22, but would understand.

I just hate picking OL in the 1st period. I rather have a vet or FA than drafting one early. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I would hate it more than Wilson pick at the moment. At the least Wilson was an OT where we let Conklin go.
I can understand picking a RT in this draft more than last year. Would hate an OT at 22, but would understand.

I just hate picking OL in the 1st period. I rather have a vet or FA than drafting one early. 

I agree but Jones and Saffold are getting up there in age and are expensive. Jones is a FA after this year and Saffold after 23. Brewer may be able to replace one but I wouldn’t be surprised if they go IOL early.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I agree but Jones and Saffold are getting up there in age and are expensive. Jones is a FA after this year and Saffold after 23. Brewer may be able to replace one but I wouldn’t be surprised if they go IOL early.

I can take it maybe in the 3rd. Two picks there. Interior OL "should" be easier to find than OTs. And our offense being mainly run based with easier pass blocking assignments due to Play Action should help make below average OL's average. 
I mean Sambrillo and Quess weren't total disasters. They were exposed at times but overall they held up. 

If we need to replace Jones and Saffold, then I'd do it in FA with a veteran center and next year with an OG for Saffold. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Would anyone be surprised at Landon Dickerson being the pick?

I would be very surprised! Maybe in the late rounds it would be ok. But an injury prone G/C in the 1st or 2nd would suck.

If you want a 1st round o line it's AVT! He is a perfect fit for the Titans. Fits the scheme very well.

12 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

A couple new mocks posted...

Bucky Brooks - Greg Newsome

PFF(Mike Renner) 3 round mock - Christian Barmore, Rondale Moore, Hunter Long, Brady Christianson

WalterFootball - Tyson Campbell(yuck), Caden Sterns(yuck), Ronnie Perkins, Brevin Jordan

CBS - Caleb Farley

Kiper - Kadarius Toney

the only draft guys IMO, that are consistently solid are matt miller, kiper and Jeremiah. everyone else is all over the place and I don't trust them. Any guy that I see that's a 1st rounder here but a 2nd rounder there, I don't want. give me guys that are consensus 1st round pick talents.. Horn, Phillips, Toney, maybe random 1st round OT... think it might come down to those names.. and it should.. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

A couple new mocks posted...

Bucky Brooks - Greg Newsome

PFF(Mike Renner) 3 round mock - Christian Barmore, Rondale Moore, Hunter Long, Brady Christianson

WalterFootball - Tyson Campbell(yuck), Caden Sterns(yuck), Ronnie Perkins, Brevin Jordan

CBS - Caleb Farley

Kiper - Kadarius Toney

What's the beef with Campbell?

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Pass rusher is probably in the mix too, depending on who's there.  Hard to resist a Kwity Paye at 22.

CB has to be the main goal though, as shallow as the class is.

The more I think about it, the more I love Joe Tryon as a younger Clowney 2.0. He's very, very similar in size, athletic, especially for his frame, disruptive, but not the most polished pass-rusher. Plus a high-motor, high-effort kind of guy and looks like he could play in space too, if needed.

• Like 2