2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

15 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Ugh Phillips is trying to get picked before the Titans. I might fly to Miami and slip some weed in his back pack. 

In all seriousness looks like great times for all the canes. Rousseou arm length is crazy. I would like to see Jordan's agility test but he shows it on the field tho. This should be a good week for pro days

I don't want anything to do with Rousseou.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't want anything to do with Rousseou.

Especially with a coaching staff that can’t coach or develop players. Otherwise, I’d have no issue taking him. All the raw talent, size, length, and athleticism you could ask for.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Especially with a coaching staff that can’t coach or develop players. Otherwise, I’d have no issue taking. All the raw talent, size, length, and athleticism you could ask for.

I agree so much with you. Thats what makes this so hard because all these pass rushing prospects need some development. Hell Bud Dupree needs some development. Honestly I hate our couching staff and think we can only develop OL, RB, and TE. 

On 3/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, Andrei01 said:

Oh, he's definitely athletic, I just think Toney is much, much more refined as an overall receiver and much more advanced in his route running, with pretty much the same RAC potential.

I think Moore is a guy you would need to scheme open with crossing routes, screens, end-arounds, while Toney is a guy you could actually trust to win matchups against corners (on the outside too) more. I'd draft Toney in the 1st, not sure I'd spend more than a 3rd on Moore, is pretty much where I'm at.

Nah, I know I've said this, but I changed my mind for like the 100th time this offseason, I still like Toney, possibly slightly more, but I also want Rondale Moore, if possible, please.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Definitely isn’t unanimous though..... I see a lot of Paye, Ojulari, and still Rousseau.

Yeah, I'm confused as to why exactly are people not drooling over him more. Some I've seen cite the injury concerns, which maybe I could understand, but he's frankly too good to let that be that big of a concern.

Now, I do like Ojulari a lot, Rousseau is very, very intriguing though not sure exactly what to make of him, and Paye has some traits that could see him grow into a solid player, but not sure any of them are that close to Phillips, IMHO. Next to Ojulari, Joe Tryon is my 2b, FWIW.

13 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Yeah, I'm confused as to why exactly are people not drooling over him more. Some I've seen cite the injury concerns, which maybe I could understand, but he's frankly too good to let that be that big of a concern.

Now, I do like Ojulari a lot, Rousseau is very, very intriguing though not sure exactly what to make of him, and Paye has some traits that could see him grow into a solid player, but not sure any of them are that close to Phillips, IMHO. Next to Ojulari, Joe Tryon is my 2b, FWIW.

I think a lot of people see that “retired from football” and instantly think he doesn’t love the game. What people fail to realize is that after numerous concussions at UCLA, the school forces you to retire. Hence why just a couple months later, he transfers to Miami. Works his way back and becomes the best pass rusher in the nation. If I had to rank them right now, I’d go...

1.) Jalaen Phillips, Miami

2.) Gregory Rousseau, Miami(I actually like him better as a 5T). He’s raw as ever and I definitely don’t want us drafting him because he’ll never get developed. Playing him just on the edge would diminish his talents.

3.) Kwity Paye, Michigan

4.) Azeez Ojulari, Georgia

5.) Joe Tryon, Washington

6.) Patrick Jones, Pittsburgh

7.) Joseph Ossai, Texas

8.) Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh

9.) Quincy Roche, Miami

10.) Jayson Oweh, Penn State

11.) Ronnie Perkins, Oklahoma

12.) Carlos Basham, Wake Forest

13.) Jordan Smith, UAB

14.) Payton Turner, Houston

15.) Chris Rumph, Duke

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think a lot of people see that “retired from football” and instantly think he doesn’t love the game. What people fail to realize is that after numerous concussions at UCLA, the school forces you to retire. Hence why just a couple months later, he transfers to Miami. Works his way back and becomes the best pass rusher in the nation. If I had to rank them right now, I’d go...

1.) Jalaen Phillips, Miami

2.) Gregory Rousseau, Miami(I actually like him better as a 5T). He’s raw as ever and I definitely don’t want us drafting him because he’ll never get developed. Playing him just on the edge would diminish his talents.

3.) Kwity Paye, Michigan

4.) Azeez Ojulari, Georgia

5.) Joe Tryon, Washington

6.) Patrick Jones, Pittsburgh

7.) Joseph Ossai, Texas

8.) Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh

9.) Quincy Roche, Miami

10.) Jayson Oweh, Penn State

11.) Ronnie Perkins, Oklahoma

12.) Carlos Basham, Wake Forest

13.) Jordan Smith, UAB

14.) Payton Turner, Houston

15.) Chris Rumph, Duke

I somehow agree. I don't rate Rousseau purely as an EDGE, which is why I didn't mention him in my top 2. I'd have him ranked right below Phillips as an overall prospect, too. 

FWIW, I'm not as high on Paye and have grown a little out of love with Patrick Jones, plus I value Perkins slightly more than that. As a side note, I also think both Duke prospects might surprise a lot of people, Chris Rumph and Victor Dimukeje.