2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

On 4/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, Bloeddyr said:

Wasn't CJ clocked at like 4.16 by some scouts? 

In an interview CJ said the fastest he’s ever been clocked at in the 40 was 4.18 I’ll try to find it on YouTube it was like 10 yrs ago, but here’s something else that made me believe him, the 40 yrd dash he was time 4.24 in, he actually stumbles towards the finish which slowed him down to a degree had he not stumbled in guessing he’s 4.21

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

This is why we sucked at drafting WRs for so long. People like him thinking AJ Brown would be solid. 

I don't really get the reaction, though. That's a pretty fair description of what AJ Brown actually is. Solid receiver, not a burner, makes up for it with yards after the catch.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I don't really get the reaction, though. That's a pretty fair description of what AJ Brown actually is. Solid receiver, not a burner, makes up for it with yards after the catch.

aj brown has run away from people vertically more than i've ever seen a titans receiver do lol come on

Plenty of examples of him running away from guys with his speed. He also just happens to be one of the best WRs after the catch because he breaks tackles like a RB. His biggest issue last year was clearly drops but I wonder how much was it his knees/ankles issues that played a part of that. Dude is incredible and should see his targets go up even more this year with Jonnu and Davis gone.

Yeah, I didn't understand how AJ fell to us in the second, and I still don't.  Dude did it all at Ole Miss, and only played in the slot his last season, then proved to be a hell of an athlete in the pre draft process.

I had him as the top receiver in the whole class, and I know I wasn't the only one.

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

aj brown has run away from people vertically more than i've ever seen a titans receiver do lol come on

That, even if true, is not saying much, really. Again, such a big overreaction to a tweet that came two years ago and described accurately who AJ Brown was as a prospect coming out, and fairly accurately who he is as an NFL WR without belittling him in any way.

Not being a burner is not a diss. Neither is calling someone who hasn't stepped yet onto an NFL field 'a solid WR', lol. 

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

That, even if true, is not saying much, really. Again, such a big overreaction to a tweet that came two years ago and described accurately who AJ Brown was as a prospect coming out, and fairly accurately who he is as an NFL WR without belittling him in any way.

Not being a burner is not a diss. Neither is calling someone who hasn't stepped yet onto an NFL field 'a solid WR', lol. 

He is a burner though...that's the thing lol 

19 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

He is a burner though...that's the thing lol 

When he wins deep, it's mostly due to physicality and great route running. So yes, he can win, but he's not exactly a burner, and not calling him one two years ago, coming out of college where he played almost exclusively in the slot and was rarely pressed is not an outrageous thing to do. I have no clue why we're acting like it is. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The idea that we released our serviceable, cheap RT in order to open up a hole that requires us to spend a first to fill would be incredible.

They drafted a RT last year, so obviously this was a position they clearly saw as upgradeable way before they released Kelly. Also, Jenkins is a solid prospect in his own right. If it's the right value, and it's easy to argue that it is, who the hell cares if they created a hole at the position to begin with?

• Like 1