2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

True.

But put any other team ranked 5th through whatever and they'd receive more or less the same treatment.

Clemson is the only team that can step to Bama and that's only because of Lawrence.

Also true.  
I said before this college football season felt fake or like it didn't happen. 

This is my first time watching really any significant snaps of college football and it's like man is this 2020-21 season or the 2008-18 with Norte Dame getting beat again. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, Daniel said:

IOL isn't a big need at this moment, but it will be soon.  Cutting Saffold in 2022 could free up a lot of cap space and he's had some injury issues this season already.  He's also gonna be 33 next season, so he's due to start declining soon.

Ben Jones is only a year younger and is a free agent in 2022 anyway.  If we're gonna get a replacement for him, we'd probably want to do it this draft and not start a rookie at center.

If it's a deep class, a fourth wouldn't be bad, but I haven't looked at the OL class much.  But it will definitely be a big problem pretty soon, and waiting until the last second to solve those problems isn't a winning strategy.

OL play don’t really decline like skill position players it’s possible Saffold can still be playing at a high level at 35-37, I would like to see us draft Ben Jones successor though, but if I had my pick I would go Edge & DL 1st 2 rounds ILB 3rd 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

OL play don’t really decline like skill position players it’s possible Saffold can still be playing at a high level at 35-37, I would like to see us draft Ben Jones successor though, but if I had my pick I would go Edge & DL 1st 2 rounds ILB 3rd 

I mean, you take the best player available either way, but we definitely need to use some picks for the future of the interior.

I agree that Edge and DL are for sure the biggest needs.

always interesting to think about the fact that ryan day was almost our first OC under vrabel. not a complaint by any means given the offense we have now, just kind of intriguing to think about what our scheme might have looked like under him and whether, if he had been a one-and-done like lafleur, it would’ve impacted what art runs now

10 hours ago, lamont said:

Seeing Coach Kombs on the sidelines running a competent defense at Ohio State tonight. 😞

Well, we hired him from DB coach at OSU to DB coach here...maybe we can convince him to move from DC there to DC here again... Probably just wishful thinking though 😔

I think we need to answer alot of questions on defense. I believe the piece that would have the quickest and best fix to our pass rush problems is to put another d lineman with talent next to Simmons. I think it would have a ripple effect on the whole d. I don't really keep up with college football but is this d line class deep?

13 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think we need to answer alot of questions on defense. I believe the piece that would have the quickest and best fix to our pass rush problems is to put another d lineman with talent next to Simmons. I think it would have a ripple effect on the whole d. I don't really keep up with college football but is this d line class deep?

Ya I keep saying outside of Simmons and Landry we don’t have a real quality starter next to them 

Jones is a good depth guy and 

Crawford is a good depth guy

Alot of depth guys no one that true starter

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I keep saying outside of Simmons and Landry we don’t have a real quality starter next to them 

Jones is a good depth guy and 

Crawford is a good depth guy

Alot of depth guys no one that true starter

Yeah. The dropoff at the interior and at edge is insane.

We probably can’t address both in the draft. Finding guys that contribute much at those positions, as rookies, is difficult.

They need a vet in at least one of those spots. Probably a priority free agent spot this season.