2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I also feel that we are going to draft a few players that the board will feel aren't the guy.

Like Carlos Basham, Amari Rodgers, Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Josh Imathorbhebhe, Nico Collins, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Elijah Molden, Joe Tyron, Payton Turner, Janarius Robinson.

Guys like that who are rated pretty good but aren't sexy in the eyes of the draft community. I can see us take one or two of those guys and this board flipping out because they wanted the bigger name.

Just so it's clear, I loooove these two guys.

24 minutes ago, quiller said:

A previous mistake should never drive you future pics...  Wilson was a disaster but that shouldn't effect in any way what we do this year. IF OL is the best option based on what's left then we should go that way. 

Frankly there is a ton of talent that could be reasonably available at our spot that would fit our need in one way or the other...

LB Collins, OT Jenkins, Edge Rousseau, DT Barmore are probably at the top of the list in my mind

But I could see CB Horn, Joseph or Campbell and S Moehrig as well. 

I think Horn is the ideal pick.  Farley and Surtain probably go ahead of him, and since everyone killed their pro day, he might still be there at 22.  Barmore makes all the sense in the world, I'm just lower on him than others, but he'd be a pick that makes sense.  A DL trio of Simmons, Autry, and Barmore looks outstanding.

If Horn is there, I think it's a no-brainer, but after that, things get hard to sort out.  All the other BPA candidates run into problems: if you take a WR, S, or ILB, you're investing a first in a backup/rotational player.  If you take an OT, you're filling a hole you dug.  If you take a DL, you probably could have gotten him later, and a lot of the Edges have problems for us specifically, like an injury history, raw traits, or connections with Georgia.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Well said bro I’m a firm believer in addressing your needs in FA, therefore you can draft the BPA in the draft vs need. That’s how you build a contending  team. 

Absolutely.  You get at least a band-aid at every position, so you don't have to take anything.  And we definitely haven't done that with CB.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just so it's clear, I loooove these two guys.

I think Horn is the ideal pick.  Farley and Surtain probably go ahead of him, and since everyone killed their pro day, he might still be there at 22.  Barmore makes all the sense in the world, I'm just lower on him than others, but he'd be a pick that makes sense.  A DL trio of Simmons, Autry, and Barmore looks outstanding.

If Horn is there, I think it's a no-brainer, but after that, things get hard to sort out.  All the other BPA candidates run into problems: if you take a WR, S, or ILB, you're investing a first in a backup/rotational player.  If you take an OT, you're filling a hole you dug.  If you take a DL, you probably could have gotten him later, and a lot of the Edges have problems for us specifically, like an injury history, raw traits, or connections with Georgia.

Absolutely.  You get at least a band-aid at every position, so you don't have to take anything.  And we definitely haven't done that with CB.

You can bet your a$$ Horn isn’t dropping out of the top 15th I personally thinks he doesn’t make it past Dallas 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My problem with Robinson’s draft strategy has been the desire to pigeonhole himself into literally one position in the first. That’s not what I’m looking for. It’s literally WR, TE, CB, Edge. Maybe even DL. There’s just so many holes across the board to be replaced to be replacing a competent starter.

And, if the goal was to replace Kelly (which I’m fine with long term), than you should’ve done something to add more talent to the roster in FA instead of releasing a bunch of starters and refusing to restructure contracts.

But a lot of my philosophy coming into this offseason was based on the presumption that we were trying to win a title in the Tannehill/Henry window and I’m no longer convinced that’s the case anyways.

WR, TE, CB is not 'too many holes on the roster'. That's literally only three positions, and at least two of those should feature at least two starters each, already on the roster. Edge and DL has been adressed.

You can also argue that we could scrap by, again, with the cheaper stopgap options at RT we currently have, as well, if it ever gets to that. 

And also, again, drafting Jenkins could very easily be argued as drafting best player available. So I still don't understand why if it happens to also fill a need, that's suddenly a bad thing.

9 hours ago, 615finest said:

It is smoke screen season so take everything you hear or see lightly.. We could be trying to get ppl to trade up. 

exactly! im not completely out on horn being there at 22. every year players drop. ceedee lamb was a consensus top 8-12 player and feel to 18. if surtain gets pushed down the board and farley, horn could be there. also, please know that how the media guys rank guys and how actual NFL guys rank them are VERY different. Hearing a lot guys in the know say NFL guys have Barmore and zaven collins ranked A LOT higher than the media does and that they both could be top 15 picks... that could push guys you would not expect to us at 22..

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

exactly! im not completely out on horn being there at 22. every year players drop. ceedee lamb was a consensus top 8-12 player and feel to 18. if surtain gets pushed down the board and farley, horn could be there. also, please know that how the media guys rank guys and how actual NFL guys rank them are VERY different. Hearing a lot guys in the know say NFL guys have Barmore and zaven collins ranked A LOT higher than the media does and that they both could be top 15 picks... that could push guys you would not expect to us at 22..

We're way into the pre-Draft process. By now, whatever could slip has already slipped, so the media guys have mostly caught up to whatever the insiders are feeling. Obviously, there are surprises each year because no one has full access to each team's full board per se, but at this point, the consensus among the media guys reflects about as accurately as it ever could what the league feels.

I think Collins has fallen a little bit under the radar. Also, Owusu-Koramoah, big time. FWIW, I never felt what some people did about Barmore. I feel like he might turn into a good player, but there is no way I feel 100% comfortable about spending a 1st round pick on him, let alone a top 15.

LE: I strongly feel like there is absolutely no chance we see Horn on the board at 22, especially with Farley's back concerns.

Edited by Andrei01

Basically for me, it comes down to getting the BPA available. About the only position on our roster that he will not see a ton of time on the field is QB and RB. We can use a regular at all the other positions..   Mostly I roam all the sites listing draft rankings including Gil Brandt and take the general average of all of them to see if a player might be there when we draft. 

Personally the only main one I've see listed that I am against is Owusu-Koramoah and would rather we didn't risk Farely.  

Still that leaves in the 19-25 range from what I can tell -   LB Collins,  CB Horn, OL Jenkins, S Moehrig,  CB Joseph,  DL Barmore and CB Cambell .   I would lay odds at least 2 or 3 of these will be there at 22. 

I would also add even though that was a heavy CB list I do think there is a good to better chance we can get a CB still in the second round that will be a starter by mid season at the least. 

This to me puts it between Moehrig, Collins or Jenkins.  And from there its down to who is ranked higher on our board. 

10 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

We're way into the pre-Draft process. By now, whatever could slip has already slipped, so the media guys have mostly caught up to whatever the insiders are feeling. Obviously, there are surprises each year because no one has full access to each team's full board per se, but at this point, the consensus among the media guys reflects about as accurately as it ever could what the league feels.

I think Collins has fallen a little bit under the radar. Also, Owusu-Koramoah, big time. FWIW, I never felt what some people did about Barmore. I feel like he might turn into a good player, but there is no way I feel 100% comfortable about spending a 1st round pick on him, let alone a top 15.

LE: I strongly feel like there is absolutely no chance we see Horn on the board at 22, especially with Farley's back concerns.

how could you possibly know this? did you read what I said? the media guys and what actual gm's are thinking are NOT the same... this is coming from multiple league sources as of this week.. the media almost never has it right outside of the obvious.  a lot of the media guys get compensated by agents to push certain players also.. a league (ESPN) reporter told me that personally. 

11 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

how could you possibly know this? did you read what I said? the media guys and what actual gm's are thinking are NOT the same... this is coming from multiple league sources as of this week.. the media almost never has it right outside of the obvious.  a lot of the media guys get compensated by agents to push certain players also.. a league (ESPN) reporter told me that personally. 

There's a difference between having it right as in being able to corectly guess which player gets drafted at which spot and being able to get a clear-ish idea of how high and low a player can be expected to get drafted, by trusting the wisdom of the crowd instead of any certain individual.

These guys have sources, friends, that happen to work inside scouting departments or draft rooms, and things slip out.

So if 10 (to say the least) different mock drafters all have a player ranked outside of their top 20 picks, you can put some more faith into the league people sharing a similar feeling.

7 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

So if 10 (to say the least) different mock drafters all have a player ranked outside of their top 20 picks, you can put some more faith into the league people sharing a similar feeling.

Not three weeks out.

Rankings always have pretty significant changes in the last couple weeks.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not three weeks out.

Rankings always have pretty significant changes in the last couple weeks.

I guess we will find out, eventually. If I were to bet, though, I'd put money that the mock draft community has it right already, and at the very least Barmore won't be a top 20 pick. Collins might be, I like him and I do believe there is a much better chance some team falls in love with him and he goes early, but he is still a favorite to fall towards the end of the round, IMO.

9 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I guess we will find out, eventually. If I were to bet, though, I'd put money that the mock draft community has it right already, and at the very least Barmore won't be a top 20 pick. Collins might be, I like him and I do believe there is a much better chance some team falls in love with him and he goes early, but he is still a favorite to fall towards the end of the round, IMO.

Mostly I view multiple rankings just for this reason. I also look at Brandt's top 100 just to get a feel. But yes some things are slow to catch up as Farely still has a high ranking on most lists and I just can't see that happening. 

Frankly right now I just don't have a clear view on what they will do. WE have some much change from last year and so many FA's adding in that it makes it hard to know just what we have especially at safety and CB.  

Saw a report and a podcast saying that Bateman was closer to the #1 WR than most think.

Said-Bateman is closer to what NFL WRs are about. Can do it all. Run all the routes, Block, separate with routes and speed.
Said- Chase uses his size more to get open and that's scary cause you can't do that in NFL. Made some think of N'Keal Harry.

Said- Waddle reminds some of Henry Ruggs.
Said-Smith is a 160lb WR and the history of those type WRs doing well is very slim.

It's lying season but those negatives made sense. 

Chase tho to me seems as close to a homerun pick as there is. 

17 hours ago, quiller said:

Mostly I view multiple rankings just for this reason. I also look at Brandt's top 100 just to get a feel. But yes some things are slow to catch up as Farely still has a high ranking on most lists and I just can't see that happening. 

Frankly right now I just don't have a clear view on what they will do. WE have some much change from last year and so many FA's adding in that it makes it hard to know just what we have especially at safety and CB.  

There are obviously asterisks when there's medical stuff involved. I would argue that this is also weird due to how many players have opted out.

Some haven't played, but because they were well-regarded before this season, some are afraid to take rank others over then. I don't think Parsons is the clear best LB in this class, for example, and I think both Horn and Surtain have done more than enough this past season to make a clear case for CB1-2, while Farley hasn't played.

As for Bateman, I think that's crazy. I don't feel as strongly about him as I felt like 2 months ago. Chase, Waddle and Smith are all clearly better prospects IMO, and I think there are others I would put in the same tier, if not above Bateman, as well.