2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

The Draft Network with a 7 round Mock Draft for us.

1. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia
2. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
3. Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida
3. Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
4. Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
5. Miller Forristall, TE, Alabama
6. Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
6. Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota
7. Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloeddyr said:

Risky draft but I'd take it. 

2 hours ago, Bloeddyr said:

2 picks at CB, WR, and OT, but nothing in the front seven except a backup ILB?  That's insanity.

So per the draft network, DLs and Edges don't matter, I guess.

6 hours ago, Bloeddyr said:

i hate this mock and would be very disappointed lol. 

1. Farley Im ok with. I like the risk vs the reward here

2. I like Dyami as a player but alot of the stuff Cory did last year is what Dyami is weak at. Great deep threat with good speed, great at high pointing the ball but didn't do a lot in in breaking routes that the Titans love to run with play action.

3. Dont know much about Stone but seems like hes better in pass pro than in the run game. Not ideal for a run heavy team 

3. I guess as a Safety ?!? He's not a press man corner. If we are thinking back up safety sure why not. 

4. I like this pick and hots a team need

5. Wasn't aware he was in this draft lol. I cant find any info about him lol

6. I guess another safety? Im not a fan but i heard his tape is ok. I cant ignore that pro day performance

6. Cade I like. He can contribute on special teams

7. Ugh he looked awful during the senior bowl. But as a 7th round flyer why not

Take it for what its worth, but i saw a reporter say that the miami dolphins wont even consider drafting a player who opted out in 2020. cited a "lack of passion" as a reason. Heard also at the beginning of the year, a team say that they would value guys who played this past year over guys who didnt.. i wonder if the titans think that way.. i certainly would prefer guys who played this year versus those who sat out...

On 4/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, Andrei01 said:

There's a difference between having it right as in being able to corectly guess which player gets drafted at which spot and being able to get a clear-ish idea of how high and low a player can be expected to get drafted, by trusting the wisdom of the crowd instead of any certain individual.

These guys have sources, friends, that happen to work inside scouting departments or draft rooms, and things slip out.

So if 10 (to say the least) different mock drafters all have a player ranked outside of their top 20 picks, you can put some more faith into the league people sharing a similar feeling.

how do you explain Clelin Ferrel to the raiders at 4 in 19 when most had him top 25? what about the CB Arnette last year who went like 19th and most "mock drafters" had him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. same thing with AJ Terrel and even isaiah wilson.. most had them as second round guys and look where they went.. same thing with noah Igbonagame(spelling) CB from auburn last year who went 1st round when he was a late second type guy from "mock drafters"...

40 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

how do you explain Clelin Ferrel to the raiders at 4 in 19 when most had him top 25? what about the CB Arnette last year who went like 19th and most "mock drafters" had him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. same thing with AJ Terrel and even isaiah wilson.. most had them as second round guys and look where they went.. same thing with noah Igbonagame(spelling) CB from auburn last year who went 1st round when he was a late second type guy from "mock drafters"...

AJ Terrell was definitely mocked in the 1st round last year. So was Wilson. Daniel Jeremiah had him mocked to us, Matt Miller had him going to Miami three picks earlier than we got him.

Both Ferrell and Arnette are so far seen as busts. So maybe trying to outsmart the wisdom of the crowd doesn't always work? Funny thing that both picks were made by the same FO.

I don't know how I can explain it any further than I've already tried to, to be honest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:58 AM, Bloeddyr said:

1-Risky indeed. I don't know if I would spend my 1st round pick on player that has injury concerns this year. Though if Horn is gone then I guess he's better then Newsome. But this is either a HR probowl level player or another Wilson from last year. 

2-Don't mind a WR that much especially a speed guy but might prefer Moore.

3-Would rather go LB over Stone we can get one at that spot who will see the field a lot say Davis, Werner my guess is one falls to us at 85.   or edge with say Perkins or even Basham jr.

3a-Doubling up at CB is interesting but we could find DL help there real easy.   say Shelvin, Twyman, Stills Tuipuloto...

4. Do not need LB here who will probably never make the field if get one earlier, then can add a high quality OL at this spot who would start sooner rather then later. say Hudson Hainsey if he falls... even banks etc. 

5.TE...  ouch  would probably take a flyer on a WR instead. or go OL again here better value.  I would also not wait on S Paris Ford lasting beyond this spot .... if gone I go OT little..

6. like this pick here...   but he probably will be long gone... so double up OL, better value say Newman or Jaylon Moore. or go WR UCF Williams... if you couldn't get Ford at 5 and took OL, go wiht say Gillespie here.. 

7.  don't really matter at this point..  

The more I think on it. I'd pass on Farley.
ACL's, breaks.  recover.

But just thinking about players that have had the procedure:  Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods, Larry Bird, Gronk, Dwight Howard....

Man I dunno. 
Romo always had issues. Bird could barely play let alone walk with his...
Tiger Woods was routinely out with his back issues.

Maybe they were older at their surgery times.
But I don't like that company of back issues. 

19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kiper’s latest mock has us taking Moore and Samuel Jr. What a phenomenal start to the draft that would be. Not a fan of taking a WR in the 1st but I’m a huge fan of Moore.

Moore is good but we would get better value with say Horn or even Newsome then go WR ..  still would not suck. I also wouldn't count on Samuel Jr being there though. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kiper’s latest mock has us taking Moore and Samuel Jr. What a phenomenal start to the draft that would be. Not a fan of taking a WR in the 1st but I’m a huge fan of Moore.

i'd be thrilled with this outcome

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The more I think on it. I'd pass on Farley.
ACL's, breaks.  recover.

But just thinking about players that have had the procedure:  Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods, Larry Bird, Gronk, Dwight Howard....

Man I dunno. 
Romo always had issues. Bird could barely play let alone walk with his...
Tiger Woods was routinely out with his back issues.

Maybe they were older at their surgery times.
But I don't like that company of back issues. 

I'd probably jump on Farley myself, he is an elite prospect when healthy, and has the best tape in the whole class, as far as polish and NFL readiness goes.  That said, regardless of what I'd do, I think the Titans would pass.  I'm expecting them to be really risk averse this year, and Farley has too many question marks to take at 22.  If they're trading down, maybe.

I also don't see them taking any Georgia prospects this year.  It seems to me at least that the Titans are a little salty toward Georgia after the Isaiah Wilson fiasco.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This is pretty much exactly my feeling.  WR in the first is a waste, but I would get it.  Samuel could be easily available there, he's all over the place on draft boards.  Some have him as the fourth CB, but I have him under some guys that are probably there in the second.  I do feel Moore would complement Brown and Reynolds pretty well, but almost any WR would be a poor allocation in resources compared to a CB, an Edge, or even a DL in the first.

But if it's a CB I like better, then that's a top 2 picks I could live with, so long as the next two picks addressed something in the front seven.

14 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I wouldn't even care about the rest of the draft. I'd be so happy with this lol 

Dane Brugler for The Athletic did a 7 round mock and we ended up with

1-Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama

2-Joseph Ossai, edge, Texas

3-Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville

3-Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas

4-Hunter Long, TE, Boston College

5-Dan Moore Jr., OT, Texas A&M

6-Evan McPherson, PK, Florida

6-Richard LeCounte, DS, Georgia

7-Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest

I actually would be a fan of the draft if it fell similar to this.