Jump to content

2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread


ttitansfan4life
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is from the draft network.. If we landed this draft class I would lose my mind. This class would be amazing. Wallace and Moore are 2 of my favorite WRs this year.

ROUND 1 (NO. 22 OVERALL): ZAVEN COLLINS, LB, TULSA

I was tempted to go with Azeez Ojulari here, but Collins’ skill sets is simply too much to pass on. He touts a unique blend of size, speed, and power any head coach would drool over to have as the “green dot” within their defense. Collins is a perfect example of the modern transformation of the linebacker position. Gone are the days of stagnant ‘backers who possessed minimal sideline-to-sideline speed and were relied upon strictly in the middle of the field. To play in the NFL today, linebackers must possess speed, cover skills, scheme recognition, pass-rush tools, and elite tackling both between the gaps and in the open field. Collins has it all.

How he fits: Harold Landry needs help. Free-agent acquisitions Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley simply hustled the Titans’ front office out of money. Their on-field production was minimal, and that’s being nice. Collins would not only help the pass rush, but he has the scheme versatility that would provide the Titans with an anchor on the second level of their defense for the next decade. 

ROUND 2 (NO. 54 OVERALL): RONDALE MOORE, WR, PURDUE

Lightning in a bottle. That’s all you need to know about Moore. The only knock would be he’s “undersized” at 5-foot-9. Yeah, so is Tyreek Hill. 

“When healthy, Moore is a multi-purpose weapon who can break open a football game with any touch of the football,” according to our own Joe Marino.

Despite some concerns surrounding his durability at the next level, if Moore is still on the board at No. 54, it would be a home-run selection for Tennessee. 

How he fits: Corey Davis enjoyed a welcomed breakout season, but he’s expected to enter free agency. With A.J. Brown as the only other weapon at wideout, Moore would have every opportunity to produce a high volume of work in his rookie campaign. With every opposing defense focused on stopping Derrick Henry, Moore would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares moving both inside and out in Arthur Smith’s offense. He will be a star in the NFL. 

ROUND 3 (NO. 85 OVERALL): CHRISTIAN BARMORE, IDL, ALABAMA

The departure of Jurrell Casey last offseason loomed large for Tennessee’s front three. Jeffery Simmons is a nice piece, but he has mostly underperformed in two years. The Titans lack a pure nose in their 3-4 alignment. 

How he fits: Whoever ends up as defensive coordinator in Tennessee, adding a skilled rush defender with elite hands and strength like Barmore would provide a big boost for the league’s worst-ever third-down defense in 2020. According to our own Joe Marino, Barmore already has a rock-solid and mature upper body that makes it hard for blockers to engage and stick against his frame. The Alabama interior defender possesses outstanding raw power combined with active, busy, powerful hands that enable his frame to retain clean and disengage when desired.

ROUND 3 (NO. 101 OVERALL): RASHAD WEAVER, EDGE, PITTSBURGH

To be honest, I didn’t like what was left here late in the third. I wanted to target a corner like Israel Mukuamu or Greg Newsome II but they didn’t fall. So, I dipped back into the EDGE pool and grabbed a high-motor athlete in Weaver. You can never have enough pass rushers in today’s NFL, and Weaver provides a savvy aspect to his game unlike many other pass rushers in the class. 

How he fits: With Landry being the only other true EDGE on the roster, Weaver would be provided an opportunity to not only produce in situational assignments, but as a starter as well. At 6-foot-5, he possesses a unique blend of size and flexibility off the edge, continually working with elite leverage against opposing linemen.

ROUND 4 (NO. 123 OVERALL): TYLAN WALLACE, WR, OKLAHOMA STATE

Too much talent to pass on here in the fourth. This year’s wide receiver class has a nice supply of depth, and Wallace, suited best at Z, would slide in nicely within Smith’s unit. 

How he fits: Entering the NFL from an air-raid offense at Oklahoma State, Wallace was primarily limited to one side of the field. He possesses outstanding hand strength and aggressiveness on 50-50 balls while maintaining body control to continue after the catch. He works very well in run-pass-options (RPOs) on the backside and should develop into a nice piece with an enhanced route tree.

ROUND 5 (NO. 162 OVERALL): MARCO WILSON, CB, FLORIDA

One of the biggest sleepers in this year’s draft in my book, Wilson is a stud. He touts everything you look for in an NFL-caliber corner. 

How he fits: Wilson has the ability to play both inside and out, and did so in Gainesville. A rangy prospect with a feistiness in the run game, Wilson was additionally used often in corner blitzes from the short side of the field. He’s shown above-average tackling skills from the edge in open-field situations and has elite closing speed when rarely caught out of position. From a scheme standpoint at Florida, he was limited in showcasing his full ability. 

Moving forward, he has all the makings of a potential top corner, now it’s up to his progression and future defensive coordinator to take off the reins. 

ROUND 6 (NO. 179. OVERALL): TOMMY KRAEMER, IOL, NOTRE DAME

A masher in the run game with arguably the most power of all offensive lineman in this year’s class? In front of Henry? Sign me up. 

How he fits: There are a couple of schools that you know if you draft a certain position out of, you’re in good hands. Alabama receivers, LSU corners… Notre Dame linemen. Kraemer fits the bill. At 6-foot-6, he’s monstrous for a guard. A former 5-star recruit in high school, Kraemer anchored the Fighting Irish’s offensive line, paving the way to two College Football Playoff appearances. He isn’t elite in pass protection, but the Titans don’t sling it 40 times a game. Tennessee is an outstanding fit. 

ROUND 6 (NO. 214 OVERALL): JERMAR JEFFERSON, RB, OREGON STATE

Similar to Darrynton Evans, Jefferson is under-sized at just 5-foot-9, but man does he pack a punch. A first-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2020, he rushed for 858 yards and seven touchdowns in just six games.

How he fits: He has been very productive as a yardage-gainer in this offense and is a good athlete with regards to his quickness and body control as a ball-carrier. In the passing game, Jefferson is dangerous after catching check-downs due to his ability in space and creativity in the open field, according to our own Drae Harris. 

Jefferson would be a nice compliment to Henry that would showcase a unique power-speed combo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 615finest said:

ROUND 1 (NO. 22 OVERALL): ZAVEN COLLINS, LB, TULSA

I was tempted to go with Azeez Ojulari here, but Collins’ skill sets is simply too much to pass on. He touts a unique blend of size, speed, and power any head coach would drool over to have as the “green dot” within their defense. Collins is a perfect example of the modern transformation of the linebacker position. Gone are the days of stagnant ‘backers who possessed minimal sideline-to-sideline speed and were relied upon strictly in the middle of the field. To play in the NFL today, linebackers must possess speed, cover skills, scheme recognition, pass-rush tools, and elite tackling both between the gaps and in the open field. Collins has it all.

How he fits: Harold Landry needs help. Free-agent acquisitions Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley simply hustled the Titans’ front office out of money. Their on-field production was minimal, and that’s being nice. Collins would not only help the pass rush, but he has the scheme versatility that would provide the Titans with an anchor on the second level of their defense for the next decade. 

This literally sounds exactly like what Evans was supposed to be. I’ve seen analysts say Collins moves to edge rusher because he’s too big to play ILB. Haven’t watched him so I have clue.

 

The draft would be phenomenal but I think the draft network has lost their minds with having 3 projected first rounders as our first 3 picks. Not happening

Edited by ttitansfan4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This literally sounds exactly like what Evans was supposed to be. I’ve seen analysts say Collins moves to edge rusher because he’s too big to play ILB. Haven’t watched him so I have clue.

 

The draft would be phenomenal but I think the draft network has lost their minds with having 3 projected first rounders as our first 3 picks. Not happening

Oh yea this definitely isn’t happening but a man can dream lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This literally sounds exactly like what Evans was supposed to be. I’ve seen analysts say Collins moves to edge rusher because he’s too big to play ILB. Haven’t watched him so I have clue.

 

The draft would be phenomenal but I think the draft network has lost their minds with having 3 projected first rounders as our first 3 picks. Not happening

He definitely is bigger than a typical ILB, but I also don't recall any player that have pulled such a move, moving from inside to pure edge. If he were to do it, I figured it would've happened by now in college, as there's weaker competition and he could've dominated more easily. From what I know, he didn't have a clear position when he went to Tulsa and they settled him at LB, where he showed how dominant he can be.

I would love him regardless, I think he is that good. Insanely big for the position, insanely athletic, can cover well, rush, run side-to-side, pretty much do anything. I think he can be the cornerstone of any defense for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He definitely is bigger than a typical ILB, but I also don't recall any player that have pulled such a move, moving from inside to pure edge. If he were to do it, I figured it would've happened by now in college, as there's weaker competition and he could've dominated more easily. From what I know, he didn't have a clear position when he went to Tulsa and they settled him at LB, where he showed how dominant he can be.

I would love him regardless, I think he is that good. Insanely big for the position, insanely athletic, can cover well, rush, run side-to-side, pretty much do anything. I think he can be the cornerstone of any defense for years.

Hassan Redick did it last yr for the cardinals & he’s really lite he’s 230lbs Evans that is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I think Reddick was DE or edge in college, was just udnersized and moved briefly at ILB, but I could be wrong.

Yes Reddick was an edge rusher at Temple. Moved so well (and undersized) so they wanted to move him to stand up LB and take advantage of his athletic ability.  
But he obviously is an edge. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets
 

First DJ mock of the year has us taking USCe CB Jaycee Horn. Kid is a stud and honestly my top CB. Don’t see him falling that low. Also can’t see anyway we draft anything outside of pass rusher(edge or interior) in the first round. Our CBs were not great but Adoree honestly shouldn’t even played this season and Fulton missed most of the season. Not sure if King or Butler will be both so that questions things but I’d much rather build the front up before working on the backend which honestly wouldn’t even be that bad in a real scheme with some kind of rush

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Best pass-rusher in the class but some scary medical history. Doubt he’s anywhere close to 22 by the time we get to late April.

I just learned of his medical issues. Just watching the tape I couldn't figure out why he wasn't ranked higher. 

Medical.....now I know.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...