Nagy needs to hand over play-calling duties.

JAF-N72EX

I understand that he's working with 2 awful QBs but that's no excuse for his poor play-calling that could've lost us the game.

He took out Monty and had Patterson lined up in the backfield on a 3rd and 2 after Monty had just picked up a 7-8 yard run 2 plays before that on 1st down and then passed the ball. 

He started out doing okay this year but I've seen enough. Hand over the play-calling duties to either Lazor or Flip.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He started out doing okay this year but I've seen enough. Hand over the play-calling duties to either Lazor or Flip.

It's not like he's regressed, though. He's up and down. Had he called the Colts game like he called the Bucs game, we would have beaten the Colts.

It's kind of nuts, when you think about it...

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But hand it to who?

The grass is not always greener.

What is your plan for the play calling? What it if is worse?

Is he even that bad in comparison?

I see what you're getting at, and will state, for the record, it's too early to be making that sort of move. 

That being said, @JAF-N72EX certainly has a point. What Nagy does, at times, is pretty ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's not like he's regressed, though. He's up and down. Had he called the Colts game like he called the Bucs game, we would have beaten the Colts.

It's kind of nuts, when you think about it...

I see what you're getting at, and will state, for the record, it's too early to be making that sort of move. 

That being said, @JAF-N72EX certainly has a point. What Nagy does, at times, is pretty ridiculous. 

I disagree with you and I agree with @JAF-N72EX. I don't think it's too early of a move at all. Foles was supposed to improve Nagy's playcalling and vice versaz Nothing has changed. It's the same uncreative, unimaginative garbage. Nagy's too stubborn and he would obviously argue "we're 5-1!!" so it's a senseless conversation.

Perhaps they can decide on it internally and not release it to the public to help him save face somewhat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I disagree with you and I agree with @JAF-N72EX. I don't think it's too early of a move at all. Foles was supposed to improve Nagy's playcalling and vice versaz Nothing has changed. It's the same uncreative, unimaginative garbage. Nagy's too stubborn and he would obviously argue "we're 5-1!!" so it's a senseless conversation.

Perhaps they can decide on it internally and not release it to the public to help him save face somewhat.

NOTHING will improve Nagy's playcalling. It's going to be psycho, no matter what. We know that now. He's only cost them one game, though. I'm holding out hope. And that's only because that change in offensive responsibilities would be a very hard fought one, indeed...

The things with Nagy is that I'm not seeing any progression from him.  I was willing to give him this year to show something and it hasn't happened. 

We were promised to see a Reid like system 3 years ago and Nagy's system hasn't been anything close to that.

Unfortunetly, I don't see Nagy ever relinquishing PC duties.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The things with Nagy is that I'm not seeing any progression from him.  I was willing to give him this year to show something and it hasn't happened. 

We were promised to see a Reid like system 3 years ago and Nagy's system hasn't been anything close to that.

That's because he is a college level head coach at best....

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

As a head coach he is fine. He isn’t a very good OC.

But what can you do as a play caller when your OL is getting as whooped?

He can ask for the OL position to be made a priority in the off season...yet Nagy continues to think his offense can work fine with the guys they currently have...and make no mistake this is also a criticism of Pace, but Nagy as the main architect of the offense should know the strengths and weaknesses of the different positions.  Hard to cut him much slack after year 3 now.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, beardown3231 said:

YA  needs to happen one way or another .... I don't mind Nagy overall as HC  but playcalling is not a strength atm !! do what we can to help him save face, but a change is eminent  !!

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

He can ask for the OL position to be made a priority in the off season...yet Nagy continues to think his offense can work fine with the guys they currently have...and make no mistake this is also a criticism of Pace, but Nagy as the main architect of the offense should know the strengths and weaknesses of the different positions.  Hard to cut him much slack after year 3 now.

Agreed.

This is a personnel issue more than a play calling issue.

Nagy should take heat for the OL being bad and having no depth.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, WindyCity said:

But hand it to who?

The grass is not always greener.

What is your plan for the play calling? What it if is worse?

Is he even that bad in comparison?

Flip a coin. Idc. Honestly Lazor is in the higher position so I'd assume he gets the first crack at it.

You could say the same thing about replacing Pace. You have to have an expectation of competence and performance, Nagy's offense doesnt have that. 

If it's worse you drop from 27th in PPG to 29th. So you're slightly more terrible. Regardless we need to see of someone can actually call plays and adjust. 

Comparison to whom? He is getting Loggains-like results with twice the talent. Its unacceptable. 

We just keep piling on excuses

2018- Tru is raw and its his first year in the system, so he isn't expected to play really well. Plus Howard doesn't for the scheme so that's handicapping the offense because he isn't a threat as a receiver. 

2019 - Nagy's offense is failing because we don't have a TE to use, it relies on having a solid Y and U. Long was a walking corpse out there too. Now we have to put Cohen as a WR. But hey, we have Monty getting 25 rec...compared to Howard's 20... wait... also Tru isn't getting the offense for some reason. We need a vet to run it.

2020 - Foles is a vet but still not a good one, and the OL is getting beat a lot. Now Daniel's is out too. 

Lovie had better offenses than Nagy, even with the OL decisions, seemingly yearly OC rotations, lack of a franchise QB, etc. Nagy was brought in to develop the young QB and to create a system for the offense to thrive in, and Pace was going to keep vet DCs and talent opposite of the offense so Nagy had just one side of the ball to manage. The defense has done well, the DCs great overall, Nagy has been the weak link.

Pace has done a better job than Nagy imo.

14 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Flip a coin. Idc. Honestly Lazor is in the higher position so I'd assume he gets the first crack at it.

You could say the same thing about replacing Pace. You have to have an expectation of competence and performance, Nagy's offense doesnt have that. 

If it's worse you drop from 27th in PPG to 29th. So you're slightly more terrible. Regardless we need to see of someone can actually call plays and adjust. 

Comparison to whom? He is getting Loggains-like results with twice the talent. Its unacceptable. 

I was giving the OP a hard time because that is always what he says about firing Pace.

I would be fine if Nagy gave up the play sheet, but the line is going to after whoever takes over.