Nagy needs to hand over play-calling duties.

JAF-N72EX

13 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He's a good head coach who keeps the team playing through adversity. There are plenty of guys out there who can design fantastic offenses but can't do what Nagy does.

Why is he a good head coach, please explain? 

He has been carried by the defense throughout his entire tenure here. Whenever the team wins it's usually in spite of the offense.  Case in point last night the defense outscored the offense.

IMO he is extremely lucky to have the record he has.

The only thing I will say is guys haven't given up on him...yet. But that will start to change the longer the offense continues to struggle.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He has been carried by the defense throughout his entire tenure here. Whenever the team wins it's usually in spite of the offense.  Case in point last night the defense outscored the offense.

The only thing I will say is guys haven't given up on him...yet. But that will start to change the longer the offense continues to struggle.  

I think this is getting dangerously close to happening...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

He motivates his team and keeps the locker room together.

You can't put together a defensive football team and then criticize the head coach for winning with defense. That's how the Bears are built. Nagy has guided that team to a good record so far.

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

You can't put together a defensive football team and then criticize the head coach for winning with defense. That's how the Bears are built. Nagy has guided that team to a good record so far.

"so far" being the key words. They are much worse then their 5-2 record though, I think most observers would agree on that. 

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

Motivates them to suck and constantly make boneheaded plays on O?

And your damn right I can criticize him for that.  He's been the head coach for 3 offseasons now and an offensive coach for that matter.  He should have known the weak links on the O-line and made it a priority to address that area in the offseason.  Pace deserves equal criticism for this but you cannot absolve Nagy from the offenses struggles just because the team is built a certain way.  They work together as one.

People keep giving the guy excuses.  It's maddening.  

If he was really a good  coach he would know his limitations, swallow his pride and delegate the OC responsibilities to someone else like Lazor or Flip or heck even Ragone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Motivates them to suck and constantly make boneheaded plays on O?

And your damn right I can criticize him for that.  He's been the head coach for 3 offseasons now and an offensive coach for that matter.  He should have known the weak links on the O-line and made it a priority to address that area in the offseason.  Pace deserves equal criticism for this but you cannot absolve Nagy from the offenses struggles just because the team is built a certain way.  They work together as one.

People keep giving the guy excuses.  It's maddening.  

If he was really a good  coach he would know his limitations, swallow his pride and delegate the OC responsibilities to someone else like Lazor or Flip or heck even Ragone.

The offensive issues are heavily tied to personnel. There's not an offensive genius in the league who could turn this group into a good offense. And while Nagy may have a say in choices of players, he doesn't get to dictate things like roster construction and how much of the salary cap is spent on specific position groups (hint: the Bears spend a lot on defense).

I agree that Nagy isn't a good offensive coach. But he has a career record of 25-15. Despite his own flaws and the flaws of the roster, he's been able to win games.

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He's a _likable_ coach with a good record. I still like Nagy and want him to succeed but last night was the closest I've come to going full Windy.  I thought they were going to lose that game but didn't think it was going to look like that. 

If we don't at least try to add some help on the OL, and the results follow, I will be on team Firepace 

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

He's a _likable_ coach with a good record. I still like Nagy and want him to succeed but last night was the closest I've come to going full Windy.  I thought they were going to lose that game but didn't think it was going to look like that. 

If we don't at least try to add some help on the OL, and the results follow, I will be on team Firepace 

I'd like him a lot more if he lived up to his coaching background and produced results on O.

He is the Dan Quinn of offensive coaches and won't last too long as a HC if this continues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

How many more years will we wait for Pace to address the OL? He's had 6 offseasons. You're willing to give him another 1 or 2?

20 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Why didn't he address the OL after 2019?