Nagy needs to hand over play-calling duties.

JAF-N72EX

Glad it happened. Nagy is a good HC and I'd hate to lose him all because he's too stubborn to give up play-calling duties so I'm glad to see that he's actually willing to do that.   

However, this should've happened way earlier. And I can't help but to think that he picked a real strategic time to hand over PC when the team has more injuries/C19 cases than it has all year and to do it 4 days before game day instead of at the start of the week.

He's basically giving Lazor 2 days of practice to prepare a battered OL full of practice squad players. 

19 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

When the offense shows even marginal improvement the sport’s media will hail Nagy as a genius and he will be propelled into a contract extension .

He's 3 years in on a 5 year deal. He's not getting an extension. ESPECIALLY anytime soon with this offense.

It's a combination of both play-calling and personnel.  When an offense is this bad you can't point a finger at just one aspect.

Blaming everything on the OL is a weak argument that is overly used by every fan base. You can't blame a failed play on the OL when they do their job but the QB still makes the wrong decision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's a combination of both play-calling and personnel.  When an offense is this bad you can't point a finger at just one aspect.

Blaming everything on the OL is a weak argument that is overly used by every fan base. You can't blame a failed play on the OL when they do their job but the QB still makes the wrong decision. 

It's 60% OL, 30% QB and 10% drops by receivers. Just a cluster f

10 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

It's 60% OL, 30% QB and 10% drops by receivers. Just a cluster f

So are you saying that's it's not play-calling at all in your opinion?

Damn near every fan base in the league will try to tell you that their favorite team have one of, if not, the worst OL in the league. 

51 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Damn near every fan base in the league will try to tell you that their favorite team have one of, if not, the worst OL in the league. 

I wasn't even accounting that. I just meant personnel wise. Play calling is horrible. Substitutions are awful. Delay of games are stupid... It's just a mess with all that. It's a huge part of the offensive troubles.

But our OL is the worst in the league. Even with our starters in. Dll has gone over how they practice and miss blocks that are routine. It's sad.

20 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I wasn't even accounting that. I just meant personnel wise. Play calling is horrible. Substitutions are awful. Delay of games are stupid... It's just a mess with all that. It's a huge part of the offensive troubles.

But our OL is the worst in the league. Even with our starters in. Dll has gone over how they practice and miss blocks that are routine. It's sad.

When all of our starters were healthy they were well above average in pass protection.

Again tho. Most fans say the same thing about their teams, so what does that tell you?

Look, some fans may be able to point out certain aspects/techniques but NOONE, and I mean NOONE,  really knows what each players assignments really are during a given a play. You can't possibly know this info unless you are in the huddle.

All we can do as fans is to try to use the tools that are available to us to make our best guess. But that's all it is in the end is a guess. 

The NFL is the most TEAM oriented sport of all major sports and the OL is most TEAM oriented group in all of football. If one lineman makes a mistake then it can make ANOTHER lineman look bad and so forth. All O lineman need to be on the same page at all times, otherwise it all collapses. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You mean Frank Omigod wasn't good? :)

This group is on that level.

What is amazing to me is how every OLmen Ryan Pace pays immediately gets injured or regresses

Long

Leno

Massie

Whitehair

All of them were noticeably worse after they got paid

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Most fan bases will blame poor performance on play-calling too. In the Bears' case there's a combination of everything going wrong, but it's hard to imagine a set of plays they execute well enough to build a passable offense.

53 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Most fan bases will blame poor performance on play-calling too. In the Bears' case there's a combination of everything going wrong, but it's hard to imagine a set of plays they execute well enough to build a passable offense.

This is accurate. You can’t get any rhythm because they don’t block 3 plays in a row well.

• Like 1