BDL 2020 Week 6 - New Orleans Jazz @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:00 AM

9 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

ulHJ6vq.png

Do you ever get tired of coming into threads outright lying? Maybe I wouldn't call you biased if you didn't do that...

Not lying, its weird cuz its legit not listed on the game play on the NFL app. So my apologies. 

But don't start the bias **** again ****** bag. 

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Now Wilkins and a few other players are on there. I think my app is just glitchy cuz Carlton Davis wasn't on there for the bucs at first either.

The stat line according to the app is 3 total tackles with 2 assisted, and 1 sack for Wilkins according to the app but that could be inaccurate 

I believe nfl has it listed strange as it's three solo tackles, 2 assisted which most sites credit officially as five so what he posted is also correct 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I believe nfl has it listed strange as it's three solo tackles, 2 assisted which most sites credit officially as five so what he posted is also correct 

Yeah that's why I was confused because honest-to-God he wasn't even listed on the app at all initially so that's where I got that he wasn't in Justin histon wasn't so if Justin Houston is as well then I apologise but that's where I took that information from that's the only thing that I checked because I frequently used that app

Oof, this is a tough one to pick. Josh Allen has regressed the last couple games, Joe Mixon has struggled IRL, and John Brown has largely been a non-factor on the season.

On the other hand, I'm taking the New Orleans defensive front vs. the Williamsport offensive line in this one, and New Orleans clearly called it on shutting down Derrick Henry.

I like the New Orleans offensive strategy to wear down the edge defenders, and I think they can hold Henry in check early long enough to build up a lead. With Williamsport's pass catchers mostly struggling this week, and Ridley covered by Stephon Gilmore, I don't think they have the firepower to come back from a meaningful early lead. Nawlins' pulls out a win in the face of adversity.

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oof, this is a tough one to pick. Josh Allen has regressed the last couple games, Joe Mixon has struggled IRL, and John Brown has largely been a non-factor on the season.

On the other hand, I'm taking the New Orleans defensive front vs. the Williamsport offensive line in this one, and New Orleans clearly called it on shutting down Derrick Henry.

I like the New Orleans offensive strategy to wear down the edge defenders, and I think they can hold Henry in check early long enough to build up a lead. With Williamsport's pass catchers mostly struggling this week, and Ridley covered by Stephon Gilmore, I don't think they have the firepower to come back from a meaningful early lead. Nawlins' pulls out a win in the face of adversity.

To be fair and I'm not complaining about your vote or about your explanation but, the only two offensive players that really had a major impact this week were DJ Moore and Derrick Henry for both teams combined. 

I feel the Offensive weapons for both teams put up some yardage and some scores, but mostly, pedestrian across the board 

DJ Moore had I think 95 yards (which is almost the amount of the rest of his receiving corps combined if we are counting Samuels' receiving as rushing).

Counter point, Henry had 212 yards including a 95 yard break away run and 2 TDs (that's more than all of my WRs receiving yards combined this week, although Ridley had a decent game, just not as good as Julio lol)

Edited by wwhickok

Not a big fan of WSR's O Line, I think NO can get some inside pressure on Ben, but Henry doesn't look like he needs a line at this point, dominator.  I think overall this offense has some success as the Jazz struggle to contain the beast.  I'll give Allen a pass for this week, but I'm not sure how much success Parker and friends have against a secondary that matches up fine. Allen throwing across his body in that  play could be a pick, even with his arm strength, lol.  This is a really tough one, incredibly close, but I trust the WSR Offensive Triplet of Ben/Henry/Ridley has the higher likelyhood of winning the game when it counts.

• Like 1

Both secondaries match up really well against their opponents offensive cast so they're a wash to me. I think NO was smart to start a heavier DL against WSR and WSR really didnt mind playing right into that. WSR has a very stout defensive front (minus Burns) so they too should be able to handle the run game defensively. WSR also seemed to have planned for creative playcalling for Deebo as well. This game is very close, very good game plans, and who knows, maybe the Wishbone with Taysom Hill hits on one play to decide the game.

• Like 1

I think this game is pretty even. I thought the game plan to stop Allen should have success but the road team has some great skill positions players and though Deebo was heavily featured can go to a full time role which includes making him a starter.

I think it’ll be hard for Big Ben to have much success but the biggest mismatch here is the two man under scheme against a team that intends to run the ball with a power guy like Henry. If New Orleans brought a safety down, I think you can make a case Henry eventually wears down the opposing defense. If there is rarely seven in the box and he only has two players to deal with in the second level, I think he can gain some steam, kill the clock, and eventually hit New Orleans with big plays that will give them victory. 

It close. I think the interior is blitz is super smart as Ben has always been a shake the edge cause he's huge move around in the pocket type.  Up the middle blitz takes that away and I think does a good enough job in a super close battle.  New Orleans 24-21

Edited by bcb1213