Ragnarok

BDL 2020 Week 6 - Portland Horned Owls @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 6

Match: Portland Horned Owls @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Away Owner: @EaglesPeteC

Home Owner: @Blue

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Portland Horned Owls

QB- Kirk Cousins

RB- David Montgomery 

WR- Davante Adams 

WR- Mike Williams

WR- Travis Fulgham

TE- Mark Andrews

OT- Laremy Tunsil

OG- Andrew Norwell

C- Matt Paradis

OG- Mark Glowinski

OT- Alejandro Villanueva

LE- John Simon

DT- Hassan Ridgeway

DT- Lawrence Guy

RE- Bud Dupree

LB- Jayon Brown 

LB- Blake Martinez

CB- Marcus Peters

CB- Desmond Trufant - OUT

FS- Marcus Maye

SS- Landon Collins

3rd S/Dime LB- Malcolm Jenkins

2nd RB- Jerrick McKinnon

FB- Patrick Ricard

WR- David Moore

WR- Dede Westbrook

2nd TE- Jack Doyle

3rd TE- Drew Sample

Swing T- Andrew Wyile

Swing G- Will Hernandez

DE- Genard Avery

DE- Tyvus Bowser

Depth ILB- Kenny Young

Joker- Jamie Collins

Nickle CB- DeVante Bausby

Dime CB- Michael Ojemudia

4th S- Justin Blackmon

OFFENSE:

Spread Oklahoma out and attack the seams.

My offensive line has an advantage over their defensive line. I think I would be able to get good pass protection and give Kirk Cousins plenty of time to throw. Oklahoma has strong CB’s but I think that Davante Adams and Mike Williams will still be able to make some plays even matched up against Tre White and Darius Slay. Where I think I will have the major advantage is in the seams with Mark Andrews, Jack Doyle and the GOAT Travis Fulgham. Oklahoma is thin at safety and I think Andrews can have a huge day.

With David Montgomery in the fold, I think we can use our advantage with the offensive line to open up some nice holes for Montgomery to run. With lots of downfield and seam passes I think that draw play will be really effective especially with the LB’s worrying about helping stop Mark Andrews. 

Jerrick McKinnon can also come in on passing downs and make some big plays happen underneath with screens and dump offs. With the defense focusing on the bigger play options he could have lots of room to turn a short pass into a big gain.

DEFENSE:

Aggressively attack. Base Big Nickel. The only way we might win is to cause turnovers and try and cause chaos. Bud Dupree and Lawerence Guy should be able to get pressure on Mahomes  as we have advantages up front. Bringing in Jamie Collins, Tyvus Bowser and Genard Avery can create more confusion and exotic blitz packages to help slow down their pass game. As well as having Malcolm Jenkins and Landon Collins help disguise coverages and can also create additional pressure.

Marcus Peters will be locked in coverage with Allan Robinson and we think he can limit his impact. We think we can bracket coverage Robert Woods and our 3 safety base defense can help limit Brandin Cooks and disrupt him off of his routes. We think our interior 4 of Hassan Ridgeway, Lawrence Guy, Jayron Brown and Blake Martinez can help limit their run game to a reasonable running day.

Oklahoma City EF5s

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Latavius Murray

WR1 Allen Robinson

WR2 Robert Woods

TE1 Trey Burton

TE2 Dalton Schultz

LT David Bakhtiari

LG Brian O’Neill

C Rodney Hudson

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Morgan Moses

RB2 James White

WR3 Brandin Cooks
WR4 Randall Cobb

WR5 Greg Ward

TE3 David Njoku

OL6 Justin Herron

OL7 John Miller

OL8 Jesse Davis

LE Stephon Tuitt

DT Sheldon Richardson

DT Akiem Hicks

RE Derek Barnett

LB Anthony Hitchens

LB Jarrad Davis

CB Tre’Davious White

CB Darius Slay

CB Byron Jones

FS Adrian Amos

SS Jordan Poyer

DE3 Kerry Hyder

DE4 Rasheem Green

DT3 David Onyemata
DT4 Shamar Stephen

LB3 Anfernee Jennings

CB4 Michael Davis

CB5 Troy Pride

Offense (40/60 run/pass)

-          With a frankly terrible linebacker corps and underwhelming safeties in coverage, we’re going to attack the middle of this defense with the tight ends. Our tight ends are also solid blockers who can slow down the unimposing outside rush of the Owls, buying Mahomes time to chuck it deep.

-          To work our receivers open against coverage, especially Marcus Peters if he plays, we’ll be using trips formations to screw up their coverage. We’ll also be using motion out of those formations to force the defense to show man or zone coverage and make life easier for Mahomes.

-          We’ll be running mainly on second down after putting ourselves in favorable down and distance on first down passing or rushing to the outside. To get our run game going, we’ll be putting a tight end or running back in the game as a fullback on some downs to get a lead blocker for Murray up the middle. We don’t have a ton of high expectations about establishing the run, but wearing down Cam Heyward(?) needs to be a priority to minimize his impact on the game. 

Defense

-          The run game isn’t a terribly big concern for us with the Montgomery/McKinnon duo, so we need to focus on shutting down Kirk Cousins and the passing game. To do this, we’re putting Byron Jones on Mark Andrews and leaving Tre White and Darius Slay out on the perimeter. Our safeties will be playing Cover-2 to force Cousins to settle for short passes.

-          Meanwhile, we’ll be utilizing the linebackers heavily as blitzers up the middle to attack the weakest part of the Portland offensive line and make Cousins uncomfortable in the pocket. This should have the added benefit of interrupting the running game and forcing the backs to stay in to block rather than serving as safety valves for Cousins.

-          We’ll need to rotate in Shamar Stephen and Kerry Hyder at DT and Edge, respectively, while David Onyemata and Rasheem Green provide depth across the line. Our hope is to force Portland into short drives early to preserve some gas for later in the game when we’ve built up a lead.

Desmond Trufant didn't play this week for Portland.

Also @Ragnarok you posted the wrong lineup/gameplan for me.

Edited by Blue

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Desmond Trufant didn't play this week for Portland.

Also @Ragnarok you posted the wrong lineup/gameplan for me.

No clue what you're talking about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

With a frankly terrible linebacker corps and underwhelming safeties in coverage

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

tenor.gif

I think the fact that he dropped that twice after it hit him in the numbers makes my point for me better than mere words ever could.

Like the interception equivalent of Lucy pulling the ball out from in front of Charlie Brown, except Lucy doesn't pull the ball away and he still misses it.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I think the fact that he dropped that twice after it hit him in the numbers makes my point for me better than mere words ever could.

It seems that the coverage was pretty nice. I mean he is a safety on my team and he is locked 1 on 1 with a WR there....that looked more “whelming” than “underwhelming” to me 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

It seems that the coverage was pretty nice. I mean he is a safety on my team and he is locked 1 on 1 with a WR there....that looked more “whelming” than “underwhelming” to me 

tenor.gif

No joke, that play is exactly what I imagine it looks like if you threw a ball at a blind guy. Just flailing around, knowing there's a ball around you somewhere but unable to locate it. Definition of terrible ball skills.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

No joke, that play is exactly what I imagine it looks like if you threw a ball at a blind guy. Just flailing around, knowing there's a ball around you somewhere but unable to locate it. Definition of terrible ball skills.

But what was he even doing there if he was so underwhelming in coverage? I just don’t understand......

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But what was he even doing there if he was so underwhelming in coverage? I just don’t understand......

Well for starters, he's very clearly holding at the start of the clip, lol

Just now, Blue said:

Well for starters, he's very clearly holding at the start of the clip, lol

*checking for a flag*
tenor.gif