Panthers Post Game

dll2000

Man I don’t get the game day thread or agree with it

I thought aside from the INT Foles played a good game.   All I see is Foles sucks.   He converted a lot of plays and had long drives.    Offense actually looked like it was functioning for first time in 3 years.   Not light it up, but looked efficient.  

Kmet got his first TD in a lot of traffic.  

I think people don’t realize this game wouldn’t have been close without 3 major bad calls all going against Bears and Foles turning ball over right after turnover.   This was a relatively one sided game against a hot team.  Officials made it close.  

Offensive line is still struggling and just isn’t very good.    

RRH should only be in game on long yardage passing downs and then not that much.   He gets dominated at point of attack by NFL o linemen.  Dominated.  

Pinerio isn’t getting his job back.   Too bad, he should have took care of himself better. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Man I don’t get the game day thread or agree with it

I thought aside from the INT Foles played a good game.   All I see is Foles sucks.   He converted a lot of plays and had long drives.    Offense actually looked like it was functioning for first time in 3 years.   Not light it up, but looked efficient.  

Kmet got his first TD in a lot of traffic.  

I think people don’t realize this game wouldn’t have been close without 3 major bad calls all going against Bears and Foles turning ball over right after turnover.   This was a relatively one sided game against a hot team.  Officials made it close.  

Offensive line is still struggling and just isn’t very good.    

RRH should only be in game on long yardage passing downs and then not that much.   He gets dominated at point of attack by NFL o linemen.  Dominated.  

Pinerio isn’t getting his job back.   Too bad, he should have took care of himself better. 

I am by no means a huge Foles fan but I have to agree with you. He played pretty well and I was happy with his performance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pool said:

I am by no means a huge Foles fan but I have to agree with you. He played pretty well and I was happy with his performance.

It showed a marked improvement from last game.  He is still warming up.  

O line performance is extremely concerning though.  They seem to be getting worse.  Not sure why Bars didn’t get the start over Coward.  I really question this staffs ability to evaluate their own players sometimes.  

• Like 2

I am still astounded at the continued Foles bashing.   Gigantic difference in decision making and ability to convert 3rd downs.

Yes he had a horrendous INT, but those things happen.   Especially when under pressure.   After a turnover you want to immediately stab other team to demoralize them.   This is a long time inside football thing.   Throw a bomb after a turnover and take their heart and win right there.  

I guarantee you that was what Foles was thinking.  He just did a boneheaded thing.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

O line performance is extremely concerning though.  They seem to be getting worse.  Not sure why Bars didn’t get the start over Coward.  I really question this staffs ability to evaluate their own players sometimes.  

I say this also in regards to Foles vs. Trubisky and I strongly suspect it is true at several other positions, especially offensively.  

I am shocked they are rightly playing Mooney.   He must have absolutely dominated practices for that to happen.  Or they just got lucky while sending a message to Miller.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This drove me bananas:

I'm not usually a blame the refs guy, but that flag was horrific especially considering that the Robinson one wasn't flagged. It also frustrated me that the (bad) FOX crew kept thinking it was Mack who maybe tipped it, meanwhile the player in question was Nichols and therefore we never got a replay.

Trevathan also tweeted postgame about the refs, so it's actually kind of refreshing to see a few of the tenured bada$$es of the team take a stand & not care about an incoming fine (most likely). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

All those who are in FIRST PLACE in the NFC North, please raise your hands...

015159.jpg

Way to go, Bears fans!!!!!!!!!  :D:D:D

Jefferson looks like one of best WRs in NFL.   Vikings may not be far from contending again.  They still have a number of extremely talented football players on the team.  Chemistry and attitude is just bad and team holes are being exploited in major ways.

I really agree with your assessment of Foles. I think he played an OK game and put us in a spot to win. If we can score 23-26 points a game we can win most of our games with this defense. This offensive line is horrendous. I would say OT may be a bigger need than QB next draft. 

23 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I really agree with your assessment of Foles. I think he played an OK game and put us in a spot to win. If we can score 23-26 points a game we can win most of our games with this defense. This offensive line is horrendous. I would say OT may be a bigger need than QB next draft. 

OL is without a doubt our biggest need.  We can’t run the ball and the coaching staff knows it.  That is why on the last drive facing a 3rd and 2 the bears passed.  Thankfully Houston-Carson bailed us out with that pick to seal the game.

As for drafting a QB.  My biggest Fear is Pace trading multiple first rounds to draft Lance. We have Foles under contract for another year.  Let’s roll with him in 2021 and try to trade for who ever Trevor Lawrence displaces. I’d take Sam Darnold and Foles in 21 with an upgraded OL 

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think Bars was a late scratch due to an injury. Coward is pretty bad though.  They better shore that up quick or no QB is going to survive for us this season.

Juan Castillo was also not coaching in this one due to precautions from being in contact with someone with COVID so I'm hoping that had a little more to do with the struggles along with Coward's poor play. 

Still though, that is not a very good d-line for Carolina and they were missing their best player in Short. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I think Bars was a late scratch due to an injury. Coward is pretty bad though.  They better shore that up quick or no QB is going to survive for us this season.

Juan Castillo was also not coaching in this one due to precautions from being in contact with someone with COVID so I'm hoping that had a little more to do with the struggles along with Coward's poor play. 

Still though, that is not a very good d-line for Carolina and they were missing their best player in Short. 

Their rookie was a very high pick and is coming on strong of late after a disappointing start.  He was one doing most of damage I think.  

• Like 1