Week Six Post game: Packers wilt in Florida sun

mikebpackfan

Just now, packfanfb said:

We won't get rolled like we did last year, but SF's style of play is still something we stuggle with. Common theme in 4 out of MLF's 5 losses.

Shanny gonna work Pettine again but the Packers offense should at least have success this time around since that Niners front isn't close to what it was last season after injuries and Buckner being traded. Game is a toss-up IMO

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good news is Houston and Minny suck on defense so we should get back on track in that department. With this current unit, I see us struggling against the Niners, Colts and even the Bears from an offensive perspective given how those teams play defensively. Maybe Gute will make a move by then and/or Lazard is back. 

As far as our defense, you'll just have to hold your breath every week and hope our pass rush shows up. Be nice to see Preston Smith do something. 

You have to beat teams like TB  to get to the SB. This game was a measuring stick to see if this team is for real and they failed.  When they start beating teams like TB and SF I'll get on board.  Until then beating up on bad teams won't take this bad taste out of my mouth.  To lose the way they did shows they are not for real imo.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody post all the other times a Super Bowl winner got a major beat down in the season please.

Only have to go back two years to find one:

2018 Patriots: November 11 at Tennessee TitansL 10–34

It happens. Sometimes good teams play like poop. You hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs and that the team can rally/learn from it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

You have to beat teams like TB  to get to the SB. This game was a measuring stick to see if this team is for real and they failed.  When they start beating teams like TB and SF I'll get on board.  Until then beating up on bad teams won't take this bad taste out of my mouth.  To lose the way they did shows they are not for real imo.

No, what you need to do is get homefield advantage. That means not losing any games you're supposed to win and securing the 1 seed. Then you get TB at Lambeau in January where they look like a different team. Football is about matchups. There are plenty of teams in the NFC playoff picture we match up well against and we can beat anyone at home in January. 

This team has room to probably lose 3 games and still get the 1 seed. We have 2 left. 

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody post all the other times a Super Bowl winner got a major beat down in the season please.

I'll go with 3+ scores being a major beat down.  

Patriots 2018-2019: @TEN - 34-10

Patriots 2014-2015: @KC - 41-14

Ravens 2012-2013: DEN - 34-17     AND   @HOU - 43-13

Giants 2011-2012: @NO - 49-24

Steelers 2008-2009: @TEN - 31-14

Giants 2007-2008: GB - 35-13  AND MIN - 41-17

Giants of 07 are the furthest I went back.  So of the last 13 super bowl winners, they have lost by 3+ scores 8 times total.  7 of them kept each game within 2 scores.  If we bump it up to 4 scores to match our game today the number drops to just 2: Ravens of 12 and Giants of 11.

If you are implying super bowl winners don't get beat down, it would appear you are correct.....most of the time

Edited by KFP7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BluePacker said:

Only have to go back two years to find one:

2018 Patriots: November 11 at Tennessee TitansL 10–34

It happens. Sometimes good teams play like poop. You hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs and that the team can rally/learn from it.

2011 giants as well, got 49 dropped on them, 49-24. People are looking too much into this game. Its a bad game, people need to relax. Acting like the defense played like trash, when the offense was 10X worse. Tampa's offense did nothing spectacular, it was GB's mistakes and their lack of offense that caused this game. That's what happens when you think you are world beaters, you get punched in the mouth. Hell even Rodgers had has been getting too arrogant and cocky this season. Rodgers doing TD dances, posing for cameras, his head got way too inflated. They came with a half-a** game plan and players thinking they could play half-a**. Personally I wished Tampa would have dropped 50. Hopefully this was a wake up call for the players and the coaches.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

2010 team never trailed by more than 7 points all season. At any point of any game.

They also put up point totals of 9,13,3, and 10 and went 2-2.  The drop-off from that defense to just the next year is bonkers.  

• Like 1