Week Six Post game: Packers wilt in Florida sun

mikebpackfan

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol as if that will last

Nope....probably not. Certainly hope not - but lets now downplay how we got handled today. While, CHI keeps winning ugly...but winning. To be honest, I think we were a bit too full of ourselves. Thought we were the world beaters we've not proven ourselves to be yet - and we got manhandled today. 

I expect we'll get back to winning our fair share of games - but what we put on tape today will matter. It'll have to be corrected. Will CHI start losing? I certainly hope so. In any case, we're behind them now. 

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

They also put up point totals of 9,13,3, and 10 and went 2-2.  The drop-off from that defense to just the next year is bonkers.  

Packers and Bears forever destined to be franchises who have great QB play with bad defenses and great defense with bad QB play. GB at least has managed to pair both great QB play with great defensive play on a couple occasions, which resulted in 2 SB titles. Bears still haven't figured out how to get that great QB play

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No, what you need to do is get homefield advantage. That means not losing any games you're supposed to win and securing the 1 seed. Then you get TB at Lambeau in January where they look like a different team. Football is about matchups. There are plenty of teams in the NFC playoff picture we match up well against and we can beat anyone at home in January. 

This team has room to probably lose 3 games and still get the 1 seed. We have 2 left. 

I don't think there's a such thing as home field advantage this year. You think playing in an empty home stadium in January is really going to benefit us? Brady and Gronk can play good in cold weather.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No, what you need to do is get homefield advantage. That means not losing any games you're supposed to win and securing the 1 seed. Then you get TB at Lambeau in January where they look like a different team. Football is about matchups. There are plenty of teams in the NFC playoff picture we match up well against and we can beat anyone at home in January. 

This team has room to probably lose 3 games and still get the 1 seed. We have 2 left. 

That could be tough...Just to name a few, we have Indy, SF, and Tennessee left on the schedule....Indy has a good defense and Rivers put it to us last year....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

11 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I'll go with 3+ scores being a major beat down.  

Patriots 2018-2019: @TEN - 34-10

Ravens 2012-2013: DEN - 34-17     AND   @HOU - 43-13

Giants 2011-2012: @NO - 49-24

Steelers 2008-2009: @TEN - 31-14

Giants 2007-2008: GB - 35-13  AND MIN - 41-17

Giants of 07 are the furthest I went back.  So of the last 13 super bowl winners, they have lost by 3+ scores 7 times total.  8 of them kept each game within 2 scores.  If we bump it up to 4 scores to match our game today the number drops to just 2: Ravens of 12 and Giants of 11.

If you are implying super bowl winners don't get beat down, it would appear you are correct.....most of the time

Pats also 2014  41-14 vs KC

• Like 1

I also think GB's mental toughness got put to the test and it failed miserably. After those 2 INTs, Tampa's defense ramped up the trash talked and seemed to get into everyone's head, especially Rodgers. I even saw Aaron Jones shoving guys in his face talking crap, you don't see that much from him.

36 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I don't think there's a such thing as home field advantage this year. You think playing in an empty home stadium in January is really going to benefit us? Brady and Gronk can play good in cold weather.

Playing Tampa in Lambeau in January would be profoundly different than today. If we are so fortunate to get the opportunity to see them in GB for the NFCCG, I'll feel very good about our SB chances.

55 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Someone let Gute know .. sitting on his hands.

Gute seriously needs to go get newly reinstated former Dallas Cowboy DT David Irving.  6'7  295  and only 27. He may be a head case but he's cheap and you don't have to trade for him. I'd rather have him over Snacks. I always wanted him, dude has a 7'4" wingspan.

Just now, St Vince said:

Gute seriously needs to go get newly reinstated former Dallas Cowboy DT David Irving.  6'7  295  and only 27. He may be a head case but he's cheap and you don't have to trade for him. I'd rather have him over Snacks. I always wanted him, dude has a 7'4" wingspan.

he's been out of hte league for awhile, right?

I remember including him in all my Mach's before his issues became known. As a player, he was/could have been, a fantastic piece.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

he's been out of hte league for awhile, right?

I remember including him in all my Mach's before his issues became known. As a player, he was/could have been, a fantastic piece.

He took a couple of years off to smoke weed. But I would at least kick the tires.