mikebpackfan

Week Six Post game: Packers wilt in Florida sun

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Gute seriously needs to go get newly reinstated former Dallas Cowboy DT David Irving.  6'7  295  and only 27. He may be a head case but he's cheap and you don't have to trade for him. I'd rather have him over Snacks. I always wanted him, dude has a 7'4" wingspan.

Antonio Brown while we're at it?

98% joking, but if just one of those guys kept it together....

8 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Gute seriously needs to go get newly reinstated former Dallas Cowboy DT David Irving.  6'7  295  and only 27. He may be a head case but he's cheap and you don't have to trade for him. I'd rather have him over Snacks. I always wanted him, dude has a 7'4" wingspan.

I believe he's visiting the Raiders soon

This is the game so many Packer fans have been waiting for, where they can be miserable about how GB will never win anything and we need to get rid of everyone from Murphy/Gute/MLF/Pettine/Rodgers on down to the waterboy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Playing Tampa in Lambeau in January would be profoundly different than today. If we are so fortunate to get the opportunity to see them in GB for the NFCCG, I'll feel very good about our SB chances.

Why?  Because the far more physical teams do so poorly in cold weather?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I believe he's visiting the Raiders soon

Of course. The Packers front office are too worried about image over talent. Raiders want to win at any cost. It wouldn't hurt this team one bit to sign the guy. If he's got his head on straight he could be a weapon on our DL. How would Kenny, Irving, Smith, Gary,  Z look on passing downs?

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Of course. The Packers front office are too worried about image over talent. Raiders want to win at any cost. It wouldn't hurt this team one bit to sign the guy. If he's got his head on straight he could be a weapon on our DL. How would Kenny, Irving, Smith, Gary,  Z look on passing downs?

Great, especially if Pettine stopped wasting Z’s snaps getting bogged down in the middle.

• Like 1

Bucs were better and earned the win but I still don't get the same vibes this game that I did when GB played the Niners. Final result looks similar but I'd expect a closer matchup if GB faced the Bucs again. Of course, the problem today was that the question marks this team had after the NFCCG were all on display again vs a quality opponent, and that's what gives you pause in thinking they can make a legit postseason run all the way to reaching the SB

Those 2 INTs really took the wind out our sail. Jesus. I stopped watching most of the 2nd half. Ah well, onto the next. 

Bucs were better and earned the win but I still don't get the same vibes this game that I did when GB played the Niners. Final result looks similar but I'd expect a closer matchup if GB faced the Bucs again. Of course, the problem today was that the question marks this team had after the NFCCG were all on display again vs a quality opponent, and that's what gives you pause in thinking they can make a legit postseason run all the way to reaching the SB

yeah GB showed for a quarter that they were capable of controlling the game, and then tailspun. 49ers game last year they looked inept start to finish.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Why?  Because the far more physical teams do so poorly in cold weather?

Speed typically is neutralized in that poor weather. Tampa's defense, especially their front 7 lives off speed. As we are most weeks, GB was the slower team. 

This wasn't the 49ers loss.

This was the Chargers loss. 

Veteran QB picked apart a simple defense. 

A talented offensive line kept him protected and clean pretty much all game.

Our ILBs and Safeties couldn't handle their TEs. 

Our QB sucked

Our OL struggled to protect. We couldn't get to the second level

• Like 1

Damn, good call. The game against the Colts looking like it could be another Chargers game type loss at this rate too

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Damn, good call. The game against the Colts looking like it could be another Chargers game type loss at this rate too

While the colts may match up well vs GB, The colts have lost to the jags and the browns. Let’s not crown them yet. 

38 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Seriously though does any one else get kinda tingly watching TBs ILBs run down every gotdamn thing? I mean, one can dream.

It was definitely noticable.  I wish we had one of those guys.  Krys Barnes caught my eye a few times on our side.  He's pretty physical and seems to be a real find.