Week Six Post game: Packers wilt in Florida sun

mikebpackfan

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While the colts may match up well vs GB, The colts have lost to the jags and the browns. Let’s not crown them yet. 

Only the first part matters though. It's only about matchups. Tampa lost to the Bears and got taken to the wire by a rookie QB in Herbert and the Chargers at home. Yet, they destroyed us today. 

Any team that has a physical defense that can cause us fits up front presents a big problem as we have seen the last 2 years. Conversely, the Packers could face the 5-0 Seahawks tomorrow and I'd feel decent about chances because they don't have that type of defense.

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Am I crazy or do we win if Rodgers doesn't spot them 14 points in 14 seconds? There was no coming back from that. 

Its possible, that changed the whole game. Along with TB getting the TD before half and knowing they get the ball back at half, it sucked the life out of GB. Also doesn't help that there wasn't one thing TB's defense was worried about it seemed like. They didn't care about Davante, they didn't care about Jones, they only wanted to wreck havoc on Rodgers and the o-line and it worked. I'm no football guru, but it seemed like there should have been some quick plays to slow down the passrush, RB screens, WR screens, quick short passes. Seemed like Rodgers always wanted the deep shot and didn't have time for it.

Edited by dwaye50327

Just now, Lodestar said:

Am I crazy or do we win if Rodgers doesn't spot them 14 points in 14 seconds? There was no coming back from that. 

IDK if they win since TB still won in the trenches. Closer score probably would have negated the Bucs being able to pin their ears back as often against this GB offense though

We were up 10-0 and rolling. The offense looked great. You almost never see Rodgers throw a pass like that pick-6. His whole career, once he gets rattled or throws an INT, let alone two of them, he gets pouty and shook. Fortunately for us, he doesn't make a lot of those mistakes. I'm not that worried. We can absolutely beat Tampa Bay.

• Like 2

Just now, Lodestar said:

We were up 10-0 and rolling. The offense looked great. You almost never see Rodgers throw a pass like that pick-6. His whole career, once he gets rattled or throws an INT, let alone two of them, he gets pouty and shook. Fortunately for us, he doesn't make a lot of those mistakes. I'm not that worried. We can absolutely beat Tampa Bay.

I get that we scored 10 points, but it wasnt easy. I really think this game ends up a blowout either way. Its not like Rodgers would suddenly have protection if he didnt throw the INTs. This is just the kind of team GB wont beat. Good lines and physical corners beat this team easily every time.

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

I get that we scored 10 points, but it wasnt easy. I really think this game ends up a blowout either way. Its not like Rodgers would suddenly have protection if he didnt throw the INTs. This is just the kind of team GB wont beat. Good lines and physical corners beat this team easily every time.

Sure felt like they thought he was rattled and started bringing more and more pressure, which maybe doesn't happen if those picks don't happen?

7 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Its possible, that changed the whole game. Along with TB getting the TD before half and knowing they get the ball back at half, it sucked the life out of GB. Also doesn't help that there wasn't one thing TB's defense was worried about it seemed like. They didn't care about Davante, they didn't care about Jones, they only wanted to wreck havoc on Rodgers and the o-line and it worked. I'm no football guru, but it seemed like there should have been some quick plays to slow down the passrush, RB screens, WR screens, quick short passes. Seemed like Rodgers always wanted the deep shot and didn't have time for it.

Carlton Davis has locked down some of the best opposing WR1s and has been given a lot of shadow assignments last season and starting off this season as well. Running backs won't get them either. The other receiving threats can and the shots were there. Hopefully the next gameplan doesn't try to go as heavily through Adams and Jones on the ground like our early killer drives did.

Also, not doing the whole "run the clock down to :00" facing a good pass rush would be great.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Sure felt like they thought he was rattled and started bringing more and more pressure, which maybe doesn't happen if those picks don't happen?

I think they find their way, regardless. It was easy to see what was working. Maybe would take a bit longer, but it wouldve happened. LaFleur needs to find a way to beat these kind of defenses.

A few things of concern:

1. M4's team came out flat against the Bucs.  And this was no trap game.  This was THE game.  You had two weeks to prepare, and all you got was one quarter of offense against a good defense.

2. Where was M4's scheming guys open.  That was his hallmark through four games.  A different player won each game.  Where was this week's?

3. Z Smith.  He's shown up in one game this year.  Where's the vaunted pass rush? Gary made the noise, but it still wasn't enough.

4. I think Kevin King is worth more than some are willing to admit.  With him in the lineup, TB gets half the passing yards.

5. Where was Kenny Clark today?

6. Pettine's D did what it's designed to do: slow down the pass and make the other team beat you with the run.  Which TB did.  I philosophically understand "bend, don't break" and "passing wins games", but man, Bowles outcoached everyone.

7. This team has had and will continue to find success.  But their talent was thin last year and is still thin this year (though improved).  

8. I'm glad everyone had their bad games all at once.  A good punch in the face might set them straight and keep them humble and focused throughout the rest of the year.

Still need more talent though.  TB's defense was real.  GB's defense didn't show up at the line at all.

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

I think they find their way, regardless. It was easy to see what was working. Maybe would take a bit longer, but it wouldve happened. LaFleur needs to find a way to beat these kind of defenses.

Quick passes Quick passes Quick passes..

That’s how brady used to beat the physical teams during his NE tenure...