With the trade deadline approaching are the Patriots buying or selling?

jofos

And what to we get if we sell and what do we  spend if we buy?

Gilmore is obviously some one that might draw interest. 

Michel is another possibility

Thuney might a good rental for teams needing O-line

I'm not sure how much interest there would be in Edelman or White.

I would say there is likely zero interest in Cam unless the Cowboys think he would  be worth a try but I don't think they would give up much for him.

I believe the 49ers game will determine if the team decides to buy or sell. Going to 2-4  .. with a good chance of 2-5 losing to the Bills .. it's hard to imagine wanting to keep everyone. 

• Gilmore I believe has one year on his deal after this season.. so he could fetch a decent return. Eagles traded a 3rd and 5th for Slay if I recall correctly ..  a 2nd rounder would be great but two 3rds seems more likely... the team was willing to trade him this off season .. but likely wanted a 1st for him.. with a lower asking price he could be gone
  • James White would be great for a playoff team for a 3rd rounder and is worth trading given that I highly doubt he gets resigned
  • Thuney is better off staying and getting a comp pick unless you can get more than a 3rd
  • Edelman would be good to trade so we can see what Gunner can do before the draft.. but would anyone want him with all the drops? Maybe for a 4th? 
  • I doubt any team would be willing to take Michel off our hands.. especially with him on IR 
  • Newton could be a good option for Dallas or the 49ers if they are ready to give up on JimmyG

Through 8 games this team will likely be 3-5 .. at that point I would rather start Stidham, Gunner, Asiasi, etc etc and see what we've got with them going ~5-11 instead of ~7-9 with Cam 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jofos said:

And what to we get if we sell and what do we  spend if we buy?

Gilmore is obviously some one that might draw interest. 

Michel is another possibility

Thuney might a good rental for teams needing O-line

I'm not sure how much interest there would be in Edelman or White.

I would say there is likely zero interest in Cam unless the Cowboys think he would  be worth a try but I don't think they would give up much for him.

Gilmore and Edelman seem most likely to leave if anyone. Jonathan Jones could be shipped as well although despite some close non-calls today Jones was fantastic and on all likelihood will stick around.

White isn't going anywhere. Cam likes it here and it is like probably less than 1% chance he is dealt. Same goes for Thuney. No way he is traded at all.

Michel if he is healthy enough to be traded would join Gilmore and Edelman as most lokely gone.

Edelman is the least likely of that trio.

The Pats could use a variety of things. Depth at receiver, tight end, offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and middle linebacker.

I think Edelman ultimately stays. Gilmore too, although he has the highest potential to bring back a lot of immediate value.

N'Keal Harry, Jakobi Meyers, and Gunner aren't cutting it. Harry shows some glimpses so maybe he could be moved for some depth at one of the other positions.

Defensive tackle is in trouble right now.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Maybe the Vikings would be willing to trade Irv Smith or Kyle Rudolph and a high pick for Stephon Gilmore.

Trading Gilmore right now makes no sense if the goal is to compete in 2020. Also, the Vikings are out of contention and have virtually no cap space left to take on Gilmore's contract. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Trading Gilmore right now makes no sense if the goal is to compete in 2020. Also, the Vikings are out of contention and have virtually no cap space left to take on Gilmore's contract. 

The way things looked today competing in 2020 doesn't look very realistic.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I said pre season, I’d rather bottom out than go 7-9,8-8.

Sameeee. I said off the bat I’d rather go with Stidham all season than have a middling season with Cam. Not putting a fork in the team, still think things can get turnt around just thinking out loud.