With the trade deadline approaching are the Patriots buying or selling?

jofos

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Sameeee. I said off the bat I’d rather go with Stidham all season than have a middling season with Cam. Not putting a fork in the team, still think things can get turnt around just thinking out loud.

thingza bouttoo get turnt

but nah

always put your best team together

screw tanking

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

thingza bouttoo get turnt

but nah

always put your best team together

screw tanking

Not tanking. I don’t believe Cam has a long future with NE, nor do I think he’s an especially great option beyond 2020. Stidham may or may not have a future here, and if he doesn’t, let’s bring someone in who does. That’s not tanking, it’s picking the long term over the short term - happens everyday in the NFL. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not tanking. I don’t believe Cam has a long future with NE, nor do I think he’s an especially great option beyond 2020. Stidham may or may not have a future here, and if he doesn’t, let’s bring someone in who does. That’s not tanking, it’s picking the long term over the short term - happens everyday in the NFL. 

I am more concerned about the overall talent of the offense then the QB position. No QB is going to look good passing to what we are rolling out at the WR and TE positions. The fact that our best unit is an offensive line that is swapping and shifting players from game to game, and even between series is honestly embarrassing. Cam is playing for his next contract and will most likely be gone next year. Stidham is probably not the answer and honestly I don't think there is a QB that will fix this mess. We don't need pro bowlers at every position just guys that we can depend on and honestly we don't have that, Edelman's best days are behind him and the running backs can only do so much.

• Like 2

Cam needs to be evaluated over a full season. And even then, unless the team adds weapons, I wouldn't necessarily trust that evaluation. 

It's REALLY hard to figure out how well this team is set up for the future right now, just because of how weird this season has been. The one certainty is that there's a lack of talent at the offensive skill positions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I am more concerned about the overall talent of the offense then the QB position. No QB is going to look good passing to what we are rolling out at the WR and TE positions. The fact that our best unit is an offensive line that is swapping and shifting players from game to game, and even between series is honestly embarrassing. Cam is playing for his next contract and will most likely be gone next year. Stidham is probably not the answer and honestly I don't think there is a QB that will fix this mess. We don't need pro bowlers at every position just guys that we can depend on and honestly we don't have that, Edelman's best days are behind him and the running backs can only do so much.

Stidham probably isn’t the answer, but I’d have rather find out and bomb than roll with Cam for a season and go .500. 

NE is paying the piper for their roster moves, contract dealings that pushed the can down the road, and failing to draft difference makers on the offensive side of the ball. Almost $40M in dead money, leading the league. There wasn’t much they were going to be able to do this offseason, though. Next season will be different when the team’s actually going to have cap space.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

who told you you were too positive? Why is that a problem?? lol

That was me, because he's unable to hear any criticism of Harry or Michel :D 

but I'm messing. We need people like Jofo to counteract the Elkys lol

Edited by Hunter2_1

It' a weird dynamic concerning the WR position now that Brady is gone.  He could take a average WR and make him useful however we can't have average now that he gone.  I'm not saying we need super stars however they have to be at least good or above average.

BB track record is not so good to say the least drafting WR.  The Pats have to do a better job scouting and change there WR profile.  Adapt to today's game, speed should be the number one priority. 

I have realized this after seeing D.K. Metcalf and Ruggs.  I wanted no part of DK in the draft.   His combine numbers were worst than Brady's. Boy talk about humble pie with my draft friends. Never again, speed is key when you evaluate the WR.  Next its quickness and RT tree.  If i hear size and box out  CB's I will puke!!!! Never again.

PS If I see size in WR profile I stop reading and move on. Yes I'm rambling.  Panties are in a twist!😁

Edited by m haynes

17 hours ago, m haynes said:

It' a weird dynamic concerning the WR position now that Brady is gone.  He could take a average WR and make him useful however we can't have average now that he gone.  I'm not saying we need super stars however they have to be at least good or above average.

BB track record is not so good to say the least drafting WR.  The Pats have to do a better job scouting and change there WR profile.  Adapt to today's game, speed should be the number one priority. 

I have realized this after seeing D.K. Metcalf and Ruggs.  I wanted no part of DK in the draft.   His combine numbers were worst than Brady's. Boy talk about humble pie with my draft friends. Never again, speed is key when you evaluate the WR.  Next its quickness and RT tree.  If i hear size and box out  CB's I will puke!!!! Never again.

PS If I see size in WR profile I stop reading and move on. Yes I'm rambling.  Panties are in a twist!😁

I was the same on DK. I thought he was going to be a bust. A lot of the draftnik were saying he can only run 1 route. Turns out he can only run 2 or 3 but it doesn't matter because he can get separation with speed and length and catch the ball....win.

I like both the 2019 and 2020 drafts so I'm not going to drag BB, but Deebo was available when we picked Harry, they're both similar size and one uses it. Annoyingly, AJ Brown was also available, who is turning into a pretty excellent receiver. Argh.

Something needs to change with the receiver thing. Maybe they over think it due to the playbook  (but then why pick Harry who didn't really play in a comparable system...)

On 10/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, Deadpulse said:

I think DK and Ceedee are proving that size and speed are back over quickness and pure speed that we have been seeing lately. 

I just I just read your post l can see how my word quickness is incorrect a better word would probably be explosion off the line which both players  you mentioned have.  quickness is more for an inside receiver such as that JE. 

Edited by m haynes

On 10/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, The Third Rider said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The entire receiving corps (WR and TE) needs an overhaul. It’s the Patriots’ biggest weakness right now. Honestly, ANYONE who can get separation would be an improvement. 

• Like 1

After this 49ers game, leaning towards selling. I know BB the coach would never tank and he's going to try his best to win games with what he has... but BB the GM also realized we're probably not going anywhere so we may as well get value for high priced vets we're going to lose next year anyway.