With the trade deadline approaching are the Patriots buying or selling?

jofos

It makes sense for the Patriots to be open to trades.. but in reality.. who would teams really want? 

The list is pretty short of players the Patriots would be willing to trade and other teams would actually want... it probably breaks down to less than 5 players who actually have value: 

• Gilmore ( maybe a 2nd) 
  • Thuney ( maybe a 3rd) 
  • White ( Maybe a 3rd or 4th) 
  • Adrian Phillips ( maybe a 4th or 5th)

I can't think of anyone else teams would want other than young players and Devin who will be a lifelong Patriot for leadership purposes i'm thinking

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

It makes sense for the Patriots to be open to trades.. but in reality.. who would teams really want? 

The list is pretty short of players the Patriots would be willing to trade and other teams would actually want... it probably breaks down to less than 5 players who actually have value: 

• Gilmore ( maybe a 2nd) 
  • Thuney ( maybe a 3rd) 
  • White ( Maybe a 3rd or 4th) 
  • Adrian Phillips ( maybe a 4th or 5th)

I can't think of anyone else teams would want other than young players and Devin who will be a lifelong Patriot for leadership purposes i'm thinking

Gilmore or Thuney

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

No Chance Thuney is back next year, he is way too much money. The team has proven they can draft OL .. if you can get the 3rd rounder for him a year early i'm all for it. This team needs as many picks as possible. 

Ah that's true. Thuney came out of nowhere in the draft. I remember Faulk announcing it....I was like..."who". Well, he was a great guard for us.

17 hours ago, Starless said:

what's the first word of this tweet?

Followed by the S Writer , Breer.

Boston S Writers know jack crap when it comes to the Patriots. Breer is Ben Volin's idol!   Breer claims " He's been told ", Ya by other dumb butt S Writers.

Pats coach  (Judge) goes to the ( biggest market) Giants and you know how many Boston  SW new about it? Nada, zip, no one. Like I said they know crap when it comes to BB and the Pats.

Here's my list. Playoff (hopeful) teams are desperate. They make idiot moves all the time. There is also injuries and depth needed. Used this for Playoff  teams http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Here my smart move playing GM for another team.

Bengals:   Trade for Thuney for a 2nd RD pick. They have 54 mil next year in Cap space. Than draft  Penei Sewell OT with the 5th pick. Borrow protected for the next 10 years.

Arizona   Trade for Burkhead or, Sony or White. Need RB Drake injured.

Seahawks or Tennessee   Gilmore,  they stink against the pass. 2nd RD turn into 1st how trade works out.

The following are desperate fools. Bad management, Jobs on the line and fan base nipping at their heals

Philadelphia

Indianapolis

Cleveland  

Chicago

Detroit (also see below)

There are also other team on the fringe of the playoffs that might be desperate.

Raiders  ------  Gruden a fool. Mayock voice of reason?

Detroit --------- Matt Job on the line. Knows Pats players are ready to go in his system. Maybe Wise.

New Orleans -----   Smart management but defense always a concern. They only so many years you can be a Brides Maid.Ring for  Brees

My list

James White
Stephon Gilmore
Sony Michel
Rex Burkhead
Adrian Phillips
Joe Thuney
Deatrich Wise Jr.