Lewan Possible Torn ACL? (Confirmed)

ttitansfan4life

Not confirmed but I’m assuming it’s true 

really sucks. He’s had awful luck this year with injuries. Guy plays through the pain 

sambrailo was awful on a couple plays, but really hasn’t been THAT bad when he’s played. Hopefully he can hold down the fort 

I wonder what the plan will be if this is true.

Kelly was a complete disaster at LT last year, there’s no sense in moving him. Ty Sambrailo isn’t the answer, but he might have to be. Which is terrifying.

Real shame we spent our first- round pick on someone that is nowhere near ready to play.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I wonder what the plan will be if this is true.

Kelly was a complete disaster at LT last year, there’s no sense in moving him. Ty Sambrailo isn’t the answer, but he might have to be. Which is terrifying.

Real shame we spent our first- round pick on someone that is nowhere near ready to play.

Save for the first play when Lewan went out, he has looked pretty decent subbing for Lewan.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Save for the first play when Lewan went out, he has looked pretty decent subbing for Lewan.

He just needs help. A lot. Which is doable, but hurts on the blindside. We might go full Robiskie offense against the Steelers. Seven blockers and two-man routes all day.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

He just needs help. A lot. Which is doable, but hurts on the blindside. We might go full Robiskie offense against the Steelers. Seven blockers and two-man routes all day.

Firkser, Pruitt, or Jonnu will just have to be their to chip sometimes. I have faith more so because Jones is excellent at reading the D and making adjustments in real time than that Sambrillo is actually anywhere close to being a replacement for Lewan.

I'm not trying to make Sambrailo into something he's not. He's a journeyman OT and a backup.

But I don't anticipate him being a huge liability. I don't think the sky is falling here. With preparation, I think our coaches are good enough to put him into positions to succeed.

He's played a bit this year already. He hasn't been THAT bad. Obviously he's not Lewan...few OTs are...but I think we can make this work.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm not trying to make Sambrailo into something he's not. He's a journeyman OT and a backup.

But I don't anticipate him being a huge liability. I don't think the sky is falling here. With preparation, I think our coaches are good enough to put him into positions to succeed.

He's played a bit this year already. He hasn't been THAT bad. Obviously he's not Lewan...few OTs are...but I think we can make this work.

it's not a death blow for the season but it makes things significantly harder. we left lewan 1 on 1 with watt a bunch today. can't do that with sambrailo for really any good edge rusher- certainly not tj watt next week. that means fewer receiving options on those critical third downs, less time to throw, more possibility that tannehill gets beat up, and possibly more turnovers due to pressure. art's got his work cut out for him making this work. we really need the defense to step up bigtime- the offense isn't going to be totally crippled or anything, but those big 42 point days just got harder to hit.