Lewan Possible Torn ACL? (Confirmed)

ttitansfan4life

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

start at 12:06. Sambrailo looked like he belonged on last two drives of game. Certainly in the run game

solid push in the run game for sure. hard to judge pass pro since tanny was getting the ball out so quick on that last drive, but yeah i don't mean to say the guy's a scrub or anything. with these backups though it's never easy to tell how long they'll be able to maintain a decent level of play. sometimes you'll have a guy do well as a spot starter but when he's thrust into a full time role things get worse. we'll see how it goes

Wonder what the Vikes would want for Reiff if it is an ACL for Lewan? Obviously the ideal solution would be that Sambrailo is serviceable at LT or that Wilson could play at RT and Kelly slide to LT and be serviceable, but not sure how realistic either of those are... I'm betting they give Sambrailo at least one game to prove he can handle it though. They drafted Ezra Cleveland so they have a young guy they could get in there for some reps if they made the move.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

solid push in the run game for sure. hard to judge pass pro since tanny was getting the ball out so quick on that last drive, but yeah i don't mean to say the guy's a scrub or anything. with these backups though it's never easy to tell how long they'll be able to maintain a decent level of play. sometimes you'll have a guy do well as a spot starter but when he's thrust into a full time role things get worse. we'll see how it goes

Yea this does tend to happen with OL. Hopefully it isn't a thing we have to talk about after this week. Tough thing is that if another lineman goes down it could really hurt us. All hypotheticals, we will see. Injuries suck. Just something every team has to deal with. I feel this year the next man up mentality has gone well with the us. Its not ideal but I have faith we will make it work.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Just crazy to think that we spent a first-round pick on an OT, our starting LT went down, and there’s not even a thought that Wilson should play.

Yeah I just am not a fan of that pick. 
Should have got a former LT and tried to make him an RT rather than a RT that probably could be an OG. 

And like you said, it's not even seemingly being considered to move Kelly and put our FIRST ROUND pick in to play. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Yeah, he hasn't been overall garbage but he has had some bad plays.
He needs help and it limits things you can do with screen game and overall play with TEs, WRs chippin and what not. 
Next week is going to be a real hard one with Steelers front. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Wilson can't play this week. No way you let the Steelers defense be his first game in the NFL. 

Adversity is what makes a man, I remember listening to Larry Allen HOF speech & he said his rookie yr Reggie White whipped his *** so bad on the field it lit a 🔥 for him to get stronger in the weight room, & he became a HOF. 😩🤣 no Wilson isn’t Larry Allen but if an a$$ whooping will help him turn his career around let him play 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Adversity is what makes a man, I remember listening to Larry Allen HOF speech & he said his rookie yr Reggie White whipped his *** so bad on the field it lit a 🔥 for him to get stronger in the weight room, & he became a HOF. 😩🤣 no Wilson isn’t Larry Allen but if an a$$ whooping will help him turn his career around let him play 

Well let him get his butt whooped against the Bengals and Carl Lawson or something. In a game where we can maybe overcome his mistakes. Not against a team that can take our mistakes and turn them into TDS. lol