Bucs trade for NT Steve McLendon from Jets

bucsfan333

"I got the news on Saturday night, that a car would be waiting for me after the game Sunday to come to Tampa," McLendon said Friday. "I was like, 'OK.' Sunday morning, I woke up, I prayed, and I was like, 'This is one last ride.' I told my boys, I was like, 'This is one last ride together.' A lot of guys were saying, 'Man, you're really gonna play?' And I was like, 'Man, this could be the last time I play with y'all in my career.' I said, 'Let's go out here and make it a great one. Let's go have some fun.'

Sounds like a good guy. A team captain too. I didn't realize he's 34. I'm thinking he'll fit it real well with the defense rotating in with Nunez. 

36 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

"I got the news on Saturday night, that a car would be waiting for me after the game Sunday to come to Tampa," McLendon said Friday. "I was like, 'OK.' Sunday morning, I woke up, I prayed, and I was like, 'This is one last ride.' I told my boys, I was like, 'This is one last ride together.' A lot of guys were saying, 'Man, you're really gonna play?' And I was like, 'Man, this could be the last time I play with y'all in my career.' I said, 'Let's go out here and make it a great one. Let's go have some fun.'

Sounds like a good guy. A team captain too. I didn't realize he's 34. I'm thinking he'll fit it real well with the defense rotating in with Nunez. 

Yeah him and Nacho should be rock solid. Guy has decent rush skills too.