Weak 7: Giants at the Eagles

ninjapirate

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Did DJax really get hurt again? lol bro that boi useless

He got Clowney'd on a BS late hit. Anyone know if it's a ACL? Looked bad!

What I dont get is how you can have a 1st drive look that good , get DJack involved in multiple different ways only to completely go away from trying similar play calling the next 8-10 Drives?

How Aikman can see it a mile away and repeat a dozen times throughout the broadcast how the Giants Defense is leaving the middle of the field wide open for easy chunks, yet not call those types of plays as a OC or recognize it as a staff?

How in the Red Zone Pederson is trying to turn Carson Wentz into Cam Newton circa 2015? Doug's playcalling in general even as depleted as were currently are and I know it is playing a huge factor but it's been atrocious. 

As for the ugly win BS, doesn't feel right, looked bad. Who cares! The Eagles for the first time in a long time just did to another team what the Falcons, Titans Redskins and others the past two seasons have done to us. Been completely dominated all game long only to have a 4th QT meltdown to lose a DBL digit lead and the game.

It's nice to be on the other side of that coin for the first time in 8 years! 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:
5 hours ago, Daimonas said:

it was unequivocally dougs worst called game in his career

I came in here just to post this...but you said it better. Well with less expletives than I would've used. 

Is it though? They're all starting to look eerily similar that I'm losing track?

Chip Kelly jokes aside, unless the Offense is having numerous 3 and outs to where the defense is never getting a breather.  Pederson should run the 2 min up tempo offense the entire game.

Not sure if it gives Doug less time to prove his genius but Wentz and these players clearly execute and like it more on offense. Who cares how fast you score, so long as you score!

Now Defensively,  Time of possession wise it has Chip killing his Defense again written all over it if his play calling continues to be horrible. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Its absolutely unfair for you guys to criticize Wentz this season without considering context.

Players who was out last night:

OL - Jason Peters, Andre Dillard, Issac S, Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson (in/out).

-- Mailata and Opeta played like horse manure.  Carson Wentz is the most Sacked QB in the League and the most hit.. Some of it is on him, but most is on the OL.

WR - Alshon, Desean (in/out), Reagor

-- We are damn lucky we found Fulgham to put in some work, but he was brought in  late in the offseason and has limited chemistry built with Carson.. 

TE - Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert

--- these two are top ten at their positions.. Ertz hasn't played as well this season but we definitely miss Goedert.. 

RB- Miles Sanders

-- super star in the making and a huge boost to the offense. 

No other top QB in this league is dealing with this circus. Carson has put this team on his back to nearly beat Pitt and Baltimore and come back to beat the Gmen.

We are placing the blame on the wrong person(s)!!

What the hell were those redzone plays called by Doug the past couple games???  Has he forgot how to playcall? We could've tied with Baltimore if he chose to pass instead of run with his QB on a critical 2pt conversion and idkwtf he was doing vs the Giants. 

Schwartz simply needs to go. 

• Like 1

I think people in here but specially Eagles fan in general are being too unfair with Carson. 

He had a pretty bad drive on that int. But the offensive line was terrible yesterday, it was getting beat by nobodys and Wentz was clearly rattled in that drive. 

He is in a terrible situation right now, and granted he seems to have regressed on some areas I think it is a reflection of how poor we´ve been developing players. We´ve seen (specially this year) players leave this team and all of a sudden turn it around, it is not hard to see that the same applies to Carson, as he hasn´t been the same since 2017 and neither has the coaching. We really need to invest in player development this off season, it is affecting all players on this team. 

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think people in here but specially Eagles fan in general are being too unfair with Carson. 

He had a pretty bad drive on that int. But the offensive line was terrible yesterday, it was getting beat by nobodys and Wentz was clearly rattled in that drive. 

He is in a terrible situation right now, and granted he seems to have regressed on some areas I think it is a reflection of how poor we´ve been developing players. We´ve seen (specially this year) players leave this team and all of a sudden turn it around, it is not hard to see that the same applies to Carson, as he hasn´t been the same since 2017 and neither has the coaching. We really need to invest in player development this off season, it is affecting all players on this team. 

The guys having success elsewhere are defensive players. Jim Schwartz gotta go. 

Let's put this in perspective. Carson for 7 gms now has been under siege just as much as Aaron Rodgers was vs the TB Bucs last Sunday. It's no coincidence that Rodgers too, struggled and looked pedestrian at times in the game because of that unwavering pressure.

This season is the closest I can recall to the Mike Vick season where he was running for his life , making water into wine and getting sandblasted every other snap because of the OL issues but absolutely carried this team on his back week in week out.

YES, Wentz is holding the ball to long, not throwing it away, trying to make something out of nothing by extending plays and turning the ball over way to much because of it!!! He almost has to though with the way Pederson is calling games and Schwartz's Defenses are giving up 30 pts a gm in our 4 loses.

Name me any QB in the NFL which includes Russell,  Pat and Aaron put them in Wentz's exact situation on this team for the past 7 weeks and tell me they would be putting up the numbers and looking like the QB they currently are for the Seahawks,  Chiefs and Packers Offenses?

• Like 1