Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

Albert Breer also mentions Beck training both Wilson and Fields.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/05/monday-afternoon-quarterback-sam-darnold-trade-panthers-jets

“Very cool dynamic. Very competitive dynamic. Yet, they were always very good about complimenting each other,” Beck said. “Like if someone made a good throw, they would say it: Great shot. But at the same time, if one of them made an unbelievable throw, you bet the next one was going to try to match it. That happened a lot. You see in their pro day scripts, there were some similarities, because them together, as they would go through the types of throws we wanted to show, a lot of times they were on the field at the same time and so, ‘Yeah, I want that in mine,’ and the other person says, ‘I want that in mine as well.’

“I think what it did, it gave them a glimpse into what it’s like to compete at a professional level. Both those guys are going to be very high draft picks, both guys are very talented. And that’s what it’s like in the NFL. You’re competing with very talented people day-in and day-out. So I think not only was it a great experience for them, but it’s going to be great preparation for them to be ready for what the NFL is like.

“Here’s the other thing I love: You know they showed up each day trying to be their most efficient. There were no slack days, there was no, ‘Eh, my accuracy was just O.K.’ Every day those guys strapped it up, they were trying to be the best they could be, which is great as part of the culture and environment they set.”

38 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I find it funny how media members/posters unfairly attack Fields character but are quiet as a mouse about Mac Jones's multiple DUIs....🙄

I get your point, though pretty certain it was only one DUI when he was 18 (not multiple)

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Chris simms says Mac Jones is more scheme versatile than fields. 

I'm all in on Mac

You also won't have to worry about him making fans feel bad about their physiques like Kaepernick did. He's a man of the couch potatoes.

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

You also won't have to worry about him making fans feel bad about their physiques like Kaepernick did. He's a man of the couch potatoes.

You laugh, but this stuff actually came up. We've also already had discussions on fields being vegan. 

But I'm a Mac Jones stan now. I want to see the niner twitterverse go bonkers. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

You laugh, but this stuff actually came up. We've also already had discussions on fields being vegan. 

But I'm a Mac Jones stan now. I want to see the niner twitterverse go bonkers. 

You're a Mac Jones stan because you want your fanbase to be angry? Okie dokie, do you, bro lol. I'll say that many Rams fans are Mac Jones to the 49ers stans too.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're a Mac Jones stan because you want your fanbase to be angry? Okie dokie, do you, bro lol. I'll say that many Rams fans are Mac Jones to the 49ers stans too.

If I can't have what I want, at least I'll be entertained. 

Our forum is a little more even on it

• Like 1