Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

At the end of the day, for whatever reason, I think the Niners are leaking to the media about Mac Jones and they are really going Lance or Fields. Why are they doing this? Absolutely no clue. But I think come draft day, the pick is Lance or Fields, not Mac Jones. 

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This way talked about yesterday. The headline is such clickbait. All he said was that he's hearing it's Mac, but everyone is. It's just not coming from the niners which largely makes it meaningless. Nobody has quoted a source within the niners organization and shanny hasn't even told the staff according to other reports. 

Schefty then went with his own opinion, which doesn't mean anything (weeks ago he was saying darnold was going to be the starter for the jets).

Mac has very well be the selection, but all the "reports" are pretty cringe

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At the end of the day, for whatever reason, I think the Niners are leaking to the media about Mac Jones and they are really going Lance or Fields. Why are they doing this? Absolutely no clue. But I think come draft day, the pick is Lance or Fields, not Mac Jones. 

They probably aren't leaking anything. The sources that have been given aren't from within the building. They are just letting people talk

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This way talked about yesterday. The headline is such clickbait. All he said was that he's hearing it's Mac, but everyone is. It's just not coming from the niners which largely makes it meaningless. Nobody has quoted a source within the niners organization and shanny hasn't even told the staff according to other reports. 

Schefty then went with his own opinion, which doesn't mean anything (weeks ago he was saying darnold was going to be the starter for the jets).

Mac has very well be the selection, but all the "reports" are pretty cringe

Dan Patrick said on his show he's heard from sources Shanny loves Mac but the FO doesn't as well just a couple days ago.

Could be all for not, but when legit people with info say something it's still worth the discussion/interesting to read.

I said it before in the niners forum, but the worst part of the Mac thing isn't drafting Mac. I mean, I think he'll be fine with Shanny. He won't be great or anything, but he'd be fine. Shanny likely won't let him fail. 

But the things people are saying, the reasoning they are giving? The reports they are offering? Just bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal from just a standpoint of evaluating what they are saying. Mike Tannenbaum on 49ers talk was almost downright embarrassing (he said that kyle had a chance to get his matt schaub at one point...and at another said they wanted someone that "won't screw up"). It was rough. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Dan Patrick said on his show he's heard from sources Shanny loves Mac but the FO doesn't as well just a couple days ago.

Could be all for not, but when legit people with info say something it's still worth the discussion/interesting to read.

Those sources from Dan  were two people from *other* qb needy teams

So Shanny isn't telling is staff who it is, but somehow other teams know? Or they are just offering their opinion? 

Just now, Forge said:

Those sources from Dan  were two people from *other* qb needy teams

So Shanny isn't telling is staff who it is, but somehow other teams know? Or they are just offering their opinion? 

How do you know Shanny and co. aren't telling people who it is? How do you know nothing that's being said has any legs to it?

SF has literally nothing to hide right now.

Just now, .Buzz said:

How do you know Shanny and co. aren't telling people who it is? How do you know nothing that's being said has any legs to it?

SF has literally nothing to hide right now.

Because that's legitimately never how they have operated and not a single person has quoted anyone from inside the organization as a source? I mean, when you're specifically identifying the source from outside the building? 

SF also has no reason to divulge anything. People tend to ignore that part. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Because that's legitimately never how they have operated and not a single person has quoted anyone from inside the organization as a source? I mean, when you're specifically identifying the source from outside the building? 

SF also has no reason to divulge anything. People tend to ignore that part. 

What do the Jaguars get for leaking Lawrence like they have, or NYJ for Wilson?

Because there's nothing to hide. This isn't picking at 6 and trying to secretly get a guy to fall. Whoever you say is essentially a done deal.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Two are from the other teams, the other as noted, and the other is unidentified.

He seriously has a source that flat out says only the 9ers know and that he's hearing Lance. 

It's all noise right now.