Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

Any idea which of the top 5 qbs were also responsible for calling/reading O-line protections? As a Broncos fan, Lock has struggled with that a lot in his early career and I read he never did it in college. Makes me wonder if that might correlate to early success/sign of on field intellect. Haven't been able to find anything yet on any of these prospects. 

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

Any idea which of the top 5 qbs were also responsible for calling/reading O-line protections? As a Broncos fan, Lock has struggled with that a lot in his early career and I read he never did it in college. Makes me wonder if that might correlate to early success/sign of on field intellect. Haven't been able to find anything yet on any of these prospects. 

Trey Lance is the one I know for sure does. My understanding is that Fields and Myers share some audible protection responsibilities? Just something I read somewhere, but not sure if it's accurate. Not sure about the others. I don't pay a ton of attenion to it because for the Shanny, the center calls out protections 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Well obviously. You need to have a strong neck to hold up a big brain, which is required to quickly process and read defenses. #science

Always thought Takeo Spikes should have been a QB

124715781_display_image-e1340740180516.j

I posted Takeo's pic in the 9er forum for that as well LOL 

• Like 1

Sure I read last week that both Fields and Lance planned to incorporate Shanahan concepts into their second pro days. This is actually super fascinating watch them basically audition to be the pick.

I'm going to bet on that Mac Jones over 3.5. I'm quite confident that it'll either be Fields or Lance, just not sure which.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Sure I read last week that both Fields and Lance planned to incorporate Shanahan concepts into their second pro days. This is actually super fascinating watch them basically audition to be the pick.

I'm going to bet on that Mac Jones over 3.5. I'm quite confident that it'll either be Fields or Lance, just not sure which.

I'm debating the hedge on Lance. He's +450 right now. I think if he gets to +500 to be the pick (which may happen tomorrow) I maaaaaaaaay do it. I don't generally like to hedge. I have Fields +275 right now. 

• Like 1