Jump to content

Official 2021 QB Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, Forge said:

Go get you some Malik Willis

Questions about his ability to process information in 3....2....1.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Justin fields is 6'4 and runs a 4.4 40 who can also throw 65 yard TD passes from his own 35 yard line.

Do you like to lie intentionally or are you this willfully ignorant?  Justin Fields has never been listed at 6'4" by any official source.  In fact, at his recent pro day, he was officially listed at 6'2 6/8" (i.e. a hair below 6'3").  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2938860-justin-fields-44-second-40-yard-dash-highlights-standout-pro-day-performance

Also there was no combine this year so we have no OFFICIAL times on how fast any of the players coming out truly are.  Anyone who has followed the draft in the past knows pro day times tend to be faster than the official times at the combine.  I would bet Justin Fields has more 4.5 speed than 4.4.

With that said, a 6'3" 227 lbs QB who can run 4.5 in the 40 in quite the specimen.  However, I don't rate players simply based on their measureables and athletic testing numbers.  I also watch film to see how the athleticism translates onto the field.  And I must say I have never been that impressed with Fields as an athlete.  He definitely tests like an elite athlete but I haven't seen it translate quite to that level in the game.

As a physical specimen, Justin Fields isn't in the same class as Trey Lance and Trevor Lawrence in his own draft class let alone someone like Josh Allen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, VanS said:

With that said, a 6'3" 227 lbs QB who can run 4.5 in the 40 in quite the specimen.  However, I don't rate players simply based on their measureables and athletic testing numbers.  I also watch film to see how the athleticism translates onto the field.  And I must say I have never been that impressed with Fields as an athlete.  He definitely tests like an elite athlete but I haven't seen it translate quite to that level in the game.

As a physical specimen, Justin Fields isn't in the same class as Trey Lance and Trevor Lawrence in his own draft class let alone someone like Josh Allen. 

Im must going to stop right there and simply say "I disagree with your opinion"

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks Fields isn't anywhere near a 4.4 athlete. I feel like 4.4 should be breakaway speed at the college level. I've seen him get hawked down in the open field pretty consistently. I'm also don't think his arm strength is that impressive when it comes to drive throws. Seems like his passes hang longer than they should on passes outside the numbers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Am I the only one who thinks Fields isn't anywhere near a 4.4 athlete. I feel like 4.4 should be breakaway speed at the college level. I've seen him get hawked down in the open field pretty consistently. I'm also don't think his arm strength is that impressive when it comes to drive throws. Seems like his passes hang longer than they should on passes outside the numbers.

Seems legit to me tbh.  You're talking 4.44 pro day, likely 4.5 laser timed? I don't see that as a problem at all. 

From what I can tell, he goes about 42 yards here in about 5 seconds, I think (6:22 - 6/17)? Given he's not running a straight line, that's probably somewhat accurate and in line with his times

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Am I the only one who thinks Fields isn't anywhere near a 4.4 athlete. I feel like 4.4 should be breakaway speed at the college level. I've seen him get hawked down in the open field pretty consistently. I'm also don't think his arm strength is that impressive when it comes to drive throws. Seems like his passes hang longer than they should on passes outside the numbers.

Maybe not the only one, but I disagree. He's a 4.4ish athlete. He just doesn't have the explosive acceleration that some guys do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Am I the only one who thinks Fields isn't anywhere near a 4.4 athlete. I feel like 4.4 should be breakaway speed at the college level. I've seen him get hawked down in the open field pretty consistently. I'm also don't think his arm strength is that impressive when it comes to drive throws. Seems like his passes hang longer than they should on passes outside the numbers.

I think he's closer to 4.6/4.7, I watched his 40 and said no way thats 4.4 speed, his running stye wasn't even proper, he almost fell over lol. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think he's closer to 4.6/4.7, I watched his 40 and said no way thats 4.4 speed, his running stye wasn't even proper, he almost fell over lol. 

 

The video literally has a timer showing that he ran in the 4.4s.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The video literally has a timer showing that he ran in the 4.4s.

Subtract 0.10 to 0.25 from every single Pro Day 40. I made an entire thread on why to do it, and how it works. 
 

Almost every prospect ran a 4.3 or 4.4 this year. 
 

If you think that’s a 4.44 speed he ran, you might misjudge speed on gametape a lot as well…. that was definitely a 4.56 at best. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Subtract 0.10 to 0.25 from every single Pro Day 40. I made an entire thread on why to do it, and how it works. 
 

Almost every prospect ran a 4.3 or 4.4 this year. 
 

If you think that’s a 4.44 speed he ran, you might misjudge speed on gametape a lot as well…. that was definitely a 4.56 at best. 

And 4.5/4.6 even 4.7 is still good for a Quarterback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Subtract 0.10 to 0.25 from every single Pro Day 40. I made an entire thread on why to do it, and how it works. 
 

Almost every prospect ran a 4.3 or 4.4 this year. 
 

If you think that’s a 4.44 speed he ran, you might misjudge speed on gametape a lot as well…. that was definitely a 4.56 at best. 

I could not care less about your thread or baseless conjecture. Imagine the arrogance for you to show up and tell me I "misjudge speed" because I'm not going to just make up whatever number I "feel" is right. Hand-timed 40s are almost always a little faster, but within a draft class, it's relative anyways. So it isn't particularly important.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And 4.5/4.6 even 4.7 is still good for a Quarterback. 

Yes High 4.5/Low 4.6 Speed is still excellent for a QB. I am not debating that Fields is a legit dual-threat. Just do not agree what so ever he is “4.4”. His gametape nor his 40 demonstrate that in any way. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...