Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

12 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Im not sure what the point of this post is. Its a bad throw, but im not sure how anyone could take anything from these minicamps. Good or bad. He makes a bad throw, so hes gonna bust? He makes a good throw, he's a future HOF? 

So id say lets see him in game action before we make any judgements. Im not rushing to his defense, he has a long ways to go before he's even a good backup. But im sure footwork, mechanics, and much more are going thru his mind right now. 

It isn't so much the bad throw that bothers me, as much as it is how robotic he still looks throwing the ball even in what should be a relaxed session.  He just never looks natural throwing the ball.

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It isn't so much the bad throw that bothers me, as much as it is how robotic he still looks throwing the ball even in what should be a relaxed session.  He just never looks natural throwing the ball.

Was it a bad throw, sure but over the history of football you think no great QB has ever made a bad throw in a practice?  And the dude was a 3rd round pick, for a 3rd round pick I would say he has a crazy amount of upside and if he does not work out so what he was a 3rd round pick.

These throws look just fine in live action.

tamutdd.0.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Was it a bad throw, sure but over the history of football you think no great QB has ever made a bad throw in a practice?  And the dude was a 3rd round pick, for a 3rd round pick I would say he has a crazy amount of upside and if he does not work out so what he was a 3rd round pick.

I'm not saying it is about the bad throw.  I'm saying the reason behind the bad throw is what concerns me, it is some of the same stuff you see on film.  

But I agree.  It isn't a big deal if he doesn't work out.  Just giving my two cents on how likely I see that happening.  

• Like 1