NYRaider

Official 2021 QB Thread

Lance is not a better QB than Fields. Fields proved it on the Field saturday. looked better than last year

• Like 1

I like Wilson. Seems like a 2nd-3rd round guy that you can build around of you're patient. As I've said before, give me the best player on a usually good-not-great team all day. 

Then again, my QB board is wonky this year. I'm over the Lawrence slobknobery, low on Fields and Lance, lukewarm on Trask, high on Costello and White, and indifferent to the rest. 

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I like Wilson. Seems like a 2nd-3rd round guy that you can build around of you're patient. As I've said before, give me the best player on a usually good-not-great team all day. 

Wilson's improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons has been incredible. A lot of that has to do with him finally being healthy and having the arm strength to make all of the throws. If he comes back to school and has an even better senior season I think he's a legit threat to be QB1. 

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

high on Costello

I had high hopes for Costello in Leach's air raid system as well but it has gone completely off the rails for him there. He's probably a 7th round - UDFA prospect now. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I had high hopes for Costello in Leach's air raid system as well but it has gone completely off the rails for him there. He's probably a 7th round - UDFA prospect now. 

I'd err more towards UDFA to be honest. 

In Costello's defense, the MSU choice and switch from Stanford's pro style to Leach's Air Raid on a team lacking talent always raisedy eyebrows a bit. 

His stock is definitely low and probably won't rehab much until the Pre-Draft process. That said, I think he could still wind up latching on as a backup or 3rd stringer somewhere and wind up playing above his draft stock once in a more traditional offense. 

Let's call him a super deep sleeper at this point.

The Athletic so there's a pay wall but Bugler jumping in on the Wilson love.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The Athletic so there's a pay wall but Bugler jumping in on the Wilson love.

I won't reveal too much since it's behind a paywall but the 4 reasons he said Wilson belongs in the 1st round discussion are: ball placement, downfield touch, executing play-action, and off-platform throws. I could potentially see Wilson surpassing Lance as QB3 but it'll be tough for him to pass Fields especially if he keeps playing like he did last weekend. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I won't reveal too much since it's behind a paywall but the 4 reasons he said Wilson belongs in the 1st round discussion are: ball placement, downfield touch, executing play-action, and off-platform throws. I could potentially see Wilson surpassing Lance as QB3 but it'll be tough for him to pass Fields especially if he keeps playing like he did last weekend. 

Yeah, surpassing Lance will be difficult I'd imagine but I think, depending on QB need and if he continues this trajectory, he has a legit chance to go top 10.

Jets, Washington, and the Jaguars are definitely likely I'd say. Giants, Falcons, Vikings are legit possibilities for a QB as well.

Lawrence has covid

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Don’t we all

I don't

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Not that you know of...

I think you're confusing covid and chlamydia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you're confusing covid and chlamydia.

Probably 

• Like 1