Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Already covered this. Had no idea Miami had the 3rd pick. Tua’s gonna get some massive gifts in this draft. Sewell at 3 and a WR at 23.

Unless Jets take Sewell at 2 (I think Jets end up go QB), then I think Miami would go Parsons at 3 and WR at 23. 

Is Parsons worth the 3rd pick?

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s worth a Top 5 Pick 100%. Franchise MLB, and I like him even more than I did Devin White. 

He’s worth the third pick more than JaMar Chase and Devonta Smith, that’s for sure. 

Considering the Dolphins took 3 OL in 2020 they seem to be very high on, I doubt they go OT.  I could see Parsons to give Flores' D an identity.  That said, I would not be surprised to see them trade back a few spots if a team wanted to move up for a QB.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Considering the Dolphins took 3 OL in 2020 they seem to be very high on, I doubt they go OT.  I could see Parsons to give Flores' D an identity.  That said, I would not be surprised to see them trade back a few spots if a team wanted to move up for a QB.

You don’t pass on Sewell. Generational Prospect. Miami’s OL has looked pretty shaky as well. And personally I feel Austin Jackson is a way better fit at RT. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s worth a Top 5 Pick 100%. Franchise MLB, and I like him even more than I did Devin White. 

He’s worth the third pick more than JaMar Chase and Devonta Smith, that’s for sure. 

I'm not convinced of Parson's ability in coverage. Imo JOK is going to become the most sought after LB. He's basically Ryan Shazier pt 2.

Miami I'd say go WR. But I'm not sure they'd get a trade down. #2 is going to be the coveted trade up spot.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You don’t pass on Sewell. Generational Prospect. Miami’s OL has looked pretty shaky as well. And personally I feel Austin Jackson is a way better fit at RT. 

Not impossible.  Hunt and Kindley could definitely be long term guards.

Would have to depend on an offer to trade back and how the Fins feel their OL progressed over the season.

22 hours ago, pwny said:

He doesn’t *have to*. But if he doesn’t, it’s a question that’s going to be asked about why he’s not close with any of his teammates. 60 guys he spends every day with, goes on read trips with, spends nights in hotels with, and not one close friend. That’s an oddity. It doesn’t mean that it strikes a player off your draft board immediately, but it’s only of eighty you ask when you get an interview with the guy. And then if he lies about it, it becomes a bigger thing. And it’s minor enough that even when he lies about it, it still isn’t completely obvious that it should strike it off the board or not. If it was something like a scandal or an attitude problem, it becomes obvious to the audience that he isn’t the player to take. When it’s something like a question of whether or not his teammates like him and you don’t have a clear cut answer, then the movie is able to give some tension over whether or not the minor things they’re finding was enough to forgo drafting him. The public cares about the appearances of closeness between teammates, as evidenced by the fact that Jacksonville lied about it to turn their fans against a player they wanted to ship out, so the unsuredness over the situation drove a quandary over what actually would happen. 

This is a multi-million dollar decision that is the most important decision any GM will ever make, and a mistake here will get any GM fired and likely to never have a chance to be a GM ever again. You really think they wouldn’t ask every question even over minor things before making the biggest decision of their careers? Gene Smith had a rule that any player he drafted had to be engaged or married. Does that mean that no player can make it to the NFL without being married? No. But it’s one of those examples of the character concerns that GMs have over minor stuff.

Reading all of this makes me wish the movie did more things differently to make it better. Because I enjoy this breakdown of their decision. Maybe use the actual draft day as a framing device. Lower all the melodrama to one, and have maybe flashbacks to space out the decision instead of having everything happen on the actual day. I also don’t need to have everyone confront Costner’s GM about something. And of course the ridiculous ending on how he resolved everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Reading all of this makes me wish the movie did more things differently to make it better. Because I enjoy this breakdown of their decision. Maybe use the actual draft day as a framing device. Lower all the melodrama to one, and have maybe flashbacks to space out the decision instead of having everything happen on the actual day. I also don’t need to have everyone confront Costner’s GM about something. And of course the ridiculous ending on how he resolved everything.

Seriously. At least have it be Bill O'Brien who makes the very stupid Jaguars trade lol. That would be somewhat believable. 😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm not convinced of Parson's ability in coverage. Imo JOK is going to become the most sought after LB. He's basically Ryan Shazier pt 2.

Miami I'd say go WR. But I'm not sure they'd get a trade down. #2 is going to be the coveted trade up spot.

This is how I feel about Parsons. However JOK is versatile I don’t think he is on Shaziers level either as a prospect. 

46 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is Parsons worth the 3rd pick?

Not to me. If I'm the Dolphins, I'm taking Sewell or maybe kicking the idea of trading down with someone who wants to move up for Sewell. Not a big move, but I think that you can get down to that 7-9 range and still have him be available. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Carson Strong would be stupid to consider going pro this year. He has the chance to go #1 next year.

If he gets 1st-2nd round grade he goes.   It is better to be with winning teams like Steelers or Buccaneers this year than one of the worst teams that will own #1 next year.

Edited by JetsandI

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If he gets 1st-2nd round grade he goes.   It is better to be with winning teams like Steelers or Buccaneers this year than one of the worst teams that will own #1 next year.

There's very little chance he gets a 1st-2nd round grade this year. He still has a lot to work on.