Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm not sure anyone anticipated Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes being as good as they are.  So I wouldn't really make the assumption that they're going away from a QB intentionally so much as their evaluations of the QBs weren't very high.  I mean, six other teams passed on QBs after the 49ers did.  And going back to most of the anonymous tweets, there wasn't a whole lot consensus on that QB class.  It's better to pass on someone who you don't think is your guy then to draft the wrong guy.  You can build the pieces around them until that QB becomes available.  They had been pretty bad for a few years.  I suppose the Gettelman point could be argued, but that seems like a GM who stuck to his BPA evaluation and took the BPA.

It doesn't really matter why they are doing it. The quirkiness is based on the fact that it's happening, which is I think the point mays was trying to convey. These are all independent decisions, there's no correlation between them. It's just an odd thing that's happening sometimes

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It doesn't really matter why they are doing it. The quirkiness is based on the fact that it's happening, which is I think the point mays was trying to convey. These are all independent decisions, there's no correlation between them. It's just an odd thing that's happening sometimes

That's my point.  Correlation doesn't equal causation.  There's no real proof that any of these GMs are "avoiding" a QB.  If they viewed a QB as a franchise QB and they passed on them, they'd be fired on the spot.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's my point.  Correlation doesn't equal causation.  There's no real proof that any of these GMs are "avoiding" a QB.  If they viewed a QB as a franchise QB and they passed on them, they'd be fired on the spot.

Right, but it's happening. This goes to the point of buzz saying it makes sense for them to go Qb because of having a new hc & gm.  You would think yes, but for whatever reason that's not happening as consistently as you would think. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We will see. I think it's impossible to really gauge until they have their pieces in place

As far as coaching staff? Idk, I just think this is the perfect time to draft one regardless of what pieces will be put in place.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What's everyone top 5 QB's if the draft was next week?

1 Zach Wilson 
2 Justin Fields
3 Trevor Lawrence (Way too ugly in the face to be a true franchise QB, imo)
4 Trey Lance
5 Kyle Trask/Mac Jones

Bet you’ve slid into Zach Wilson’s DM’s

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

As far as coaching staff? Idk, I just think this is the perfect time to draft one regardless of what pieces will be put in place.

They need a gm, not just a coaching staff. I don't know how anyone feels comfortable saying what Atlanta will do when they don't have a decision maker

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1 Zach Wilson 
2 Justin Fields
4 Trey Lance
5 Kyle Trask/Mac Jones

Probably Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, and then Trask.

Seriously, you can't look at Trevor Lawrences face and red hair and really think he'll get past the conference championship round, can you?

Have we learned nothing from Lamar and Wentz? You get one good year out of an ugly QB, and that's it.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They need a gm, not just a coaching staff. I don't know how anyone feels comfortable saying what Atlanta will do when they don't have a decision maker

I mean, regardless of who the GM will be, they’ll be picking QB. Just my prediction though.

Then there’s Carolina & Detroit.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1 Zach Wilson 
2 Justin Fields
4 Trey Lance
5 Kyle Trask/Mac Jones

Lawerence > Wilson > Fields > Lance > Mac.