Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Allen hate was literally over whelming, even worse than the Love hate. I was one of them. And I was wrong. Allen is a bad dude.

Yup.  And Josh Allen bucked about a dozen different trends.  Have to give credit to the Bills on that one.

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What's everyone top 5 QB's if the draft was next week?

1 Zach Wilson 
2 Justin Fields
3 Trevor Lawrence (Way too ugly in the face to be a true franchise QB, imo)
4 Trey Lance
5 Kyle Trask/Mac Jones

In terms of where I think they will be drafted:

Lawrence 

Fields

Wilson

Lance

Ridder

In regards to who will be the best 5 QB's from the class:

Wilson

Lawrence

Fields

Ridder

Lance

16 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

In terms of where I think they will be drafted:

Lawrence 

Fields

Wilson

Lance

Ridder

In regards to who will be the best 5 QB's from the class:

Wilson

Lawrence

Fields

Ridder

Lance

I don’t see how Lance can end up as the 5th best QB of the class. He’s boom or bust like Allen and Love. Lance will either be the best or second best QB from this class, Top 5-7 QB in the NFL, or a complete 100% utter bust. It is the same for Love. And it was the same for Allen. Allen was either gonna be a Top 5-6 QB, or a huge epic total 100% bust that is not even backup level. Turns out Allen might of just proven he is that Top 5-6 QB....

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t see how Lance can end up as the 5th best QB of the class. He’s boom or bust like Allen and Love. Lance will either be the best or second best QB from this class, Top 5-7 QB in the NFL, or a complete 100% utter bust. It is the same for Love. And it was the same for Allen. Allen was either gonna be a Top 5-6 QB, or a huge epic total 100% bust that is not even backup level. Turns out Allen might of just proven he is that Top 5-6 QB....

I think Lance will be one of those QB's that has some success early on with his athletic ability also making some nice throws here and there, but flames out when he doesn't develop as a passer. I think 5th best is about right for him, but could drop to 6th or 7th, with Jones and Trask maybe surpassing his success, but I'm not that high on either of them.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't know...I could see him carve out a similar (though longer) career to Kaep. Is that boom? 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know...I could see him carve out a similar (though longer) career to Kaep. Is that boom? 

I never really saw Kaep as a boom or bust type like the three I mentioned. Never thought he’d be a Top 5-7 QB nor did I think he would completely suck. At least a low level starter/good backup/good gadget guy with potential to be as high at 9-11 QB Range. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 12/30/2020 at 1:59 PM, BayRaider said:

We’re not talking about how they tried to make sense of it. The fact that they were investigating “friends did not attend birthday parties” was ludicrous to begin with. There are many many other ways they could of made his leadership and/or character look suspect. It was lazy writing. 

Connor Cook.

Edit: apparently I haven't opened this thread in a few days and this was a recent post for me, my bad for a necro post when the conversation likely has moved on. I'm going to edit this with some worthless comps that people can scroll by so it's more relevant

Trevor Lawrence: Deshaun Watson + Aaron Rodgers + Andrew Luck = defining traits of mobility, football iq and deep shot threats
Justin Fields: Dak Prescott + Carson Wentz + Derek Carr = defining traits of MVP contender upside,  mobility (probably better than the listed ones, but if they didnt have 100mil deals on the line Im sure they could make some of those runs if they needed to), some of Wentz occasional wide throwing base
Zach Wilson: Johnny Manziel + Tony Romo + Russell Wilson = defining traits of escape ability, improvising and wow throws
Trey Lance: Colin Kaepernick + Ryan Tannehill + Kyler Murrary = defining traits of game changing athleticism, infinite upside, and needing the right system to develop in

Keep scroll I know I'm not good at this.

Edited by Trojan

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume the Bills would block it, especially if teams sniff around Daboll.

From this year on i believe it changed to if someone gets the playcalling you can't block it. No idea how they will check it and what happens when that gets revoked one week into the season. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-can-no-longer-block-assistant-coaches-from-interviewing-for-coordinator-positions-191317600.html