Official 2021 QB Thread

16 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

I repeat Miami needs to think about it.

And yes i know the receiving talent isn't great on the dolphins right now.

Miami should absolutely be thinking about it. Tua has not showed you enough to pass on one of the top QB's in this draft. 

• Like 1

Philly is in the running. If they foolishly keep Pederson at HC, then Wentz will demand a trade. The 2 cannot co-exist and Pederson is garbage anyway.  We just saw Hurts decline over the past few games as team look at film & stop him from running. This is the NFL, you have to throw the ball. 

• Like 1

QB drafted (will) -------------------- (should)

• Trevor Lawrence   --    Lawrence

• Justin Fields    --------   Wilson           Its the Jets they will screw it up!

• Zach Wilson    ---------- Fields

• Trey Lance  --------------  Jones

• Mac Jones --------------  Trask

• Kyle Trask  ---------------  Lance          Kipers and his boys  delight. Find him looking for a 2nd option while passing , it will be the 1st time !

• Like 1
On 12/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, Forge said:

Let's be real...with Fields...doesn't it mostly come down to how you feel about his mental aptitude? The guy is a slow processor and doesn't have great field vision / read the field well. If you can put him in a one / two simple read system, I think he'll be good. And I think he'll be effective no matter what but I'm not sure about long term viability. If you feel that he's going to get better at understanding what he's seeing on the field, I Think everyone should be bullish on him. If you're not, you're concerned...especially when he starts playing masked zone coverages in tighter spaces. 

I haven't decided how I feel about him as a niner yet. I would think that the accuracy would play amazingly well but I think Shanny would be going nuts at some of the issues. 

^^^This. And I'm pretty convinced it's why they'd prefer Wilson and, figuring the medical and off field checks, will try and go up for him.  NYJ...not even factoring them for a QB. Imo it's really obvious that their best option is to trade down, pile picks and reevaluate Darnold with better talent and coaching around him.

But Miami...?  If Fields is on the board for them.. idk. I'm buying that Scheffter story. And Fields probably grades out better than Bama Tua for them.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

reevaluate Darnold with better talent and coaching around him.

Well I'm a Pats fan and I would of agreed with you 100%  before this last weekend. Darnold is flat out awful. He has no accuracy even on simple hooks and curls. I'm talking Pee Wee football stuff.   He missing his target by 3 to 5 ft.  People  will say coaching will fix that, I disagree we are talking about a pass where a flick of the wrist is all that's needed. It was shocking how bad he looked.

He can improve however he will never get you where you want to go. As they say there's no where to go but up!

On 1/5/2021 at 7:54 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Shanny would make Fields into a franchise QB, I have no doubts about that. Best schemer in the NFL not named Andy Reid. 

LaFleur certainly has an argument here...

On 1/4/2021 at 12:30 AM, Nex_Gen said:

I'm trying to like Justin Fields but I can't. The mechanics, wind up, release are a major turn off. It's just so sloppy and needs major refinement. Seems like a great kid with the right attitude though.

-Name a prospect that has come in to a team that didn't need any type of higher level refinement. Kind of a naïve statement IMO, but then again, you are entitled to your opinion. The idea of drafting a guy is to make him better than he was in college.

-To help you out a bit, most scouts/teams know that ALL prospects need some sort of refinement or have things they need to work on as long as they have the requisite talent/skill level/traits in order to very them being drafted. Also all prospects need refinement going from college to the pro's, thus them having position coaches.....

-Can you give an example of these "sloppy mechanics" and "wind up"? because I don't and haven't seen this from him, maybe you can help me. Also, I wonder what your pre draft assessment was on Deshaun Watson, because he has a similar release, I wonder if you were turned off the same way?

Edited by MSURacerDT55
On 1/4/2021 at 9:52 AM, lod01 said:

Philly is in the running. If they foolishly keep Pederson at HC, then Wentz will demand a trade. The 2 cannot co-exist and Pederson is garbage anyway.  We just saw Hurts decline over the past few games as team look at film & stop him from running. This is the NFL, you have to throw the ball. 

I really hope we don't draft another QB so long as Pederson is still here, it'd be pointless.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, Forge said:

Let's be real...with Fields...doesn't it mostly come down to how you feel about his mental aptitude? The guy is a slow processor and doesn't have great field vision / read the field well. If you can put him in a one / two simple read system, I think he'll be good. And I think he'll be effective no matter what but I'm not sure about long term viability. If you feel that he's going to get better at understanding what he's seeing on the field, I Think everyone should be bullish on him. If you're not, you're concerned...especially when he starts playing masked zone coverages in tighter spaces. 

I haven't decided how I feel about him as a niner yet. I would think that the accuracy would play amazingly well but I think Shanny would be going nuts at some of the issues. 

How do you quantify him being a slow processor? Did you have this assessment prior to the Northwestern or Indiana games? Are you as critical of Lawrence in his last 3 bowl games? Is Lawrence a slow processor as well? Who in your opinion is a "fast processor"?

What is your take on what Fields did against "masked zone coverages" when they played Clemson?, he sure did go through his progressions and looked off safeties, also checked down when things weren't there. 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How do you quantify him being a slow processor? Did you have this assessment prior to the Northwestern or Indiana games? Are you as critical of Lawrence in his last 3 bowl games? Is Lawrence a slow processor as well? Who in your opinion is a "fast processor"?

What is your take on what Fields did against "masked zone coverages" when they played Clemson?, he sure did go through his progressions and looked off safeties, also checked down when things weren't there. 

Yeah, he played one of hell of a game.