Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don’t see an NFL caliber QB when I watch him... yet. Struggles a ton on the deep ball, just no feel. His 67% completion rate is very inflated, I do not think of him as particularly accurate. However, NFL size, athleticism, arm and great production. We know how much NFL loves that toolset so I’d imagine he is on BBs. Think it’d do him well to return to school and keep working on that accuracy. 

Thanks. Yeah, for me, he flashed. I saw some strong throws but his overall resume is very "meh." That's why I asked. I like him but not a ton. He's toolsy.

4 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Zach Wilson is the best QB prospect not named Trevor Lawrence. 

6 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Dear Jags, take Wilson and not Fields. 

Had him as my #2 for ~a month now, and was really hoping he'd somehow slip to my Bears @10ish

Every week it looks less and less likely that my bears are ever escaping QB purgatory.....

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, MagicMT said:

Zach Wilson is the best QB prospect not named Trevor Lawrence. 

Line up Zach Wilson against a defense that plays with pro level concepts, changes coverage post snap, has 2 or potentially 4 NFL defensive back prospects, combined with linebackers who have range and can run and are also NFL prospects.  Oh and bring a blitz up the middle multiple times bringing three different defenders right in his face.  Yeah Zach Wilson will look pretty bad too.  Not hard to look good against North Alabama.

Justin Fields disappointed no doubt about it but of course he did, the coverage was top level and the defenses were changing and moving around making it difficult to know what they were doing and when.  Lucky for them the run game was going well and Fields could use his legs but clearly it will not always be as easy as it has been at times for him this season.  Too bad Indiana does not have a very good front four to get after the passer.  If they had a legit edge rusher they could really be something, Jamar has played arguably better than any safety in the nation.  Mullen is great in the slot but cannot play there because he is the best corner on the team so has to be outside.  Reese is continuing to get better but missed some plays against Ohio State.  Matthews did not do much and Jaylin did not make many plays either, still as a unit and a group they clearly affected the QB and made him make mistakes he does not make much in that offense.

Would love to see Zach Wilson against that level of competition.  Was really not the same type of player last year to this year, but last year played Utah in a 30-12 loss and threw 2 INTs, then played Washington in a 45-19 loss, did have decent games against Tennessee and USC.  This year they played a Boise State team that lost a lot of defensive talent off last years team and is not the Boise State of old defensively.  Do play San Diego State to end the season in December 12th but they are nothing great, hope for a good bowl game matchup for BYU.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Line up Zach Wilson against a defense that plays with pro level concepts, changes coverage post snap, has 2 or potentially 4 NFL defensive back prospects, combined with linebackers who have range and can run and are also NFL prospects.  Oh and bring a blitz up the middle multiple times bringing three different defenders right in his face.  Yeah Zach Wilson will look pretty bad too.  Not hard to look good against North Alabama.

Justin Fields disappointed no doubt about it but of course he did, the coverage was top level and the defenses were changing and moving around making it difficult to know what they were doing and when.  Lucky for them the run game was going well and Fields could use his legs but clearly it will not always be as easy as it has been at times for him this season.  Too bad Indiana does not have a very good front four to get after the passer.  If they had a legit edge rusher they could really be something, Jamar has played arguably better than any safety in the nation.  Mullen is great in the slot but cannot play there because he is the best corner on the team so has to be outside.  Reese is continuing to get better but missed some plays against Ohio State.  Matthews did not do much and Jaylin did not make many plays either, still as a unit and a group they clearly affected the QB and made him make mistakes he does not make much in that offense.

Would love to see Zach Wilson against that level of competition.  Was really not the same type of player last year to this year, but last year played Utah in a 30-12 loss and threw 2 INTs, then played Washington in a 45-19 loss, did have decent games against Tennessee and USC.  This year they played a Boise State team that lost a lot of defensive talent off last years team and is not the Boise State of old defensively.  Do play San Diego State to end the season in December 12th but they are nothing great, hope for a good bowl game matchup for BYU.

Does Wilson get Ohio State's offensive talent in this scenario? It's Indiana, dude. 

• Like 2