Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think that Josh Allen's emergence into an elite QB definitely helps Trey Lance's draft stock. Because some team is going to say "if Buffalo was able to develop Allen from raw prospect into elite QB, why can't we do that with Lance?" I think sometimes having less tape can help guys as well because there's less to pick apart. 

Josh Allen did for Trey Lance what Russell Wilson did for Baker and Kyler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Arthur Smith might be the perfect coach for him though, definitely helped Tannehill turn his career around. 

I suppose that definitely doesn't hurt, but I just am skeptical of him ever being the Josh Allen type many are hoping he will develop into. 

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Not just Allen, but Herbert too. Herbert was probably more universally disliked than Allen was.

Herbert played at a big school and was a multi year starter that had a super productive senior season at Oregon. 

Allen played at Wyoming, was an underclassman when he declared and only completed 56% of his passes in his final collegiate season. 

I think Lance is more comparable to Allen as a small school guy with prototypical tools but limited tape and some question marks about his accuracy and how his play will translate to the NFL level. 

When Herbert came into the league there was a ton of tape on him he played a lot of football at Oregon and left as a senior after his best season. Lance only played one game this year and it was pretty meh. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Herbert played at a big school and was a multi year starter that had a super productive senior season at Oregon. 

Allen played at Wyoming, was an underclassman when he declared and only completed 56% of his passes in his final collegiate season. 

I think Lance is more comparable to Allen as a small school guy with prototypical tools but limited tape and some question marks about his accuracy and how his play will translate to the NFL level. 

When Herbert came into the league there was a ton of tape on him he played a lot of football at Oregon and left as a senior after his best season. Lance only played one game this year and it was pretty meh. 

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can’t they both have paved away with being big athletic QBs with big arms that many thought would both bust coming out. 

20 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can’t they both have paved away with being big athletic QBs with big arms that many thought would both bust coming out. 

Also just makes you have to take into consideration the type of offenses these QBs are running. Some don't do these guys justice as far as tools/skillset go.

Like...the Herbert I saw slinging it last year I never saw at Oregon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

?

Lance completed 67% in his one season

32 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

?

Lance completed 67% in his one season

Inflated numbers because of how many easy throws NDSU schemed for him. In his last 6 games he completed 57% of his passes and in the only game he played in 2020 he completed 15/30 (50%) of his passes.