Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

On 3/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, tyler735 said:

Anyone else think Mond might surprise a bit on draft day and go late 1st/2nd round? There's some inconsistencies in his game, but he has a bunch of arm talent, athleticism, and has flashed some real "wow" throws. Seemed to do really well during the Senior Bowl week, and was very productive in college. There's good breakdowns of his game on the "QB School" on YouTube. Seems he might be one of those surprise guys that gets drafted higher than most "draftniks" expect.

Not really, no.  We're starting to get that point in the draft process where names are being thrown against the wall and trying to get something to stick.  He probably comes off the board late Day 2, early Day 3.

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The difference in opinions regarding Mond is exciting. Tells me he has all world potential or could end up a total bust. I'm intrigued by him for that reason alone.

The reason Mond will go higher than anticipated is that he is a film junkie and the NFL loves these QBs. 

Yep totally agree. He strikes me as a guy that as you said is very much a boom/bust prospect, but easily could turn out to be a steal if reaches his potential. Wouldn't hate the Saints taking a chance on him if they can't land Mac Jones. 

These types of "wow" plays/throws have me intrigued just a ton of natural arm talent to work with (and the athleticism to make defenses pay running the ball):

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Where does everyone think Mac Jones ends up being drafted? San Francisco at #12 or New England at #15 both seem like good landing spots for him. 

Mac Jones to NE seems like the exact right fit.  Especially after NE added two TEs in FA.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

9 to Denver (or whoever trades up to 9)

Yeah it's almost impossible to project where the QB's will go because it's almost guaranteed that teams will move up on draft night to get their guy. In CBS sports most recent mock draft they have Zach Wilson falling to #12. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's almost impossible to project where the QB's will go because it's almost guaranteed that teams will move up on draft night to get their guy. In CBS sports most recent mock draft they have Zach Wilson falling to #12. 

That would be a huge mistake by many of the top 10 teams.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Where does everyone think Mac Jones ends up being drafted? San Francisco at #12 or New England at #15 both seem like good landing spots for him. 

I still don't think the niners are going QB...very interesting spot though. I think that they are going to take their shot at QB later in the draft. Seems like they are going to sign Flacco, so Jimmy G / Flacco / Rosen for now, and they can draft a guy in the mid rounds that would compete with Rosen. I think that they are open to taking a QB if they guy they want falls to them, but I don't think that they'll move up to get him and I think that it's reasonable to remove Trey Lance from the equation as that seems highly unlikely to happen. 

Both teams make sense, but I think both would trade up to get their guy if that was the case. New England especially can't sit idly by, I think. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:41 AM, tyler735 said:

Anyone else think Mond might surprise a bit on draft day and go late 1st/2nd round? There's some inconsistencies in his game, but he has a bunch of arm talent, athleticism, and has flashed some real "wow" throws. Seemed to do really well during the Senior Bowl week, and was very productive in college. There's good breakdowns of his game on the "QB School" on YouTube. Seems he might be one of those surprise guys that gets drafted higher than most "draftniks" expect.

I don't think first round is likely, I could see second round happening because of the physical skillset. 

Every year we have QBs who start getting first round buzz during this part of the draft process. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't think the niners are going QB...very interesting spot though. I think that they are going to take their shot at QB later in the draft. Seems like they are going to sign Flacco, so Jimmy G / Flacco / Rosen for now, and they can draft a guy in the mid rounds that would compete with Rosen. I think that they are open to taking a QB if they guy they want falls to them, but I don't think that they'll move up to get him and I think that it's reasonable to remove Trey Lance from the equation as that seems highly unlikely to happen. 

Both teams make sense, but I think both would trade up to get their guy if that was the case. New England especially can't sit idly by, I think. 

If Lawerence/Wilson/Lance are the first 3 QB's off the board, with as aggressive as Bill has been this off-season I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up for Fields. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think first round is likely, I could see second round happening because of the physical skillset. 

Every year we have QBs who start getting first round buzz during this part of the draft process. 

I guess my thought was if he's potentially getting early 2nd round buzz by some teams would they just try to grab him right at the end of the 1st round to get the 5th year option. 

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I like Jamie Newman, he's the guy I'm taking day two - been closely linked with the Patriots. Davis Mills I'd look at early day three.  

I think Jamie Newman is bad at playing QB. Cardale Jones would be my comparison.

• Like 1