Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

On 3/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, NYRaider said:

If Lawerence/Wilson/Lance are the first 3 QB's off the board, with as aggressive as Bill has been this off-season I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up for Fields. 

I still think Mac Jones and a moderate trade up to 8-10 but the point goldfishwars was making is a good one, that Fields and Lance fit the current personnel better. If the reported news are turning out to be true, it might have to be a trade up to 6 to get Fields or Lance. I don't think it's happening with 4 QBs in the top 6 but who knows. I fully expect a trade up though. Just can't see them gambling on Mond or Mills later in round 2 or 3.

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I still think Mac Jones and a moderate trade up to 8-10 but the point goldfishwars was making is a good one, that Fields and Lance fit the current personnel better. If the reported news are turning out to be true, it might have to be a trade up to 6 to get Fields or Lance. I don't think it's happening with 4 QBs in the top 6 but who knows. I fully expect a trade up though. Just can't see them gambling on Mond or Mills later in round 2 or 3.

Is it me or does Fields for some reason seem to be getting absolutely picked apart during this draft process while every pundit is putting everyone else on a platform.

Maybe im just being a homer OSU fan but man people seem to have a lot to say about Fields question marks but seem to not weigh those same things against the other prospects.

He was the unanimous #2 selection behind Lawrence all year long, then a lot of people said he could actually go #1 above Lawrence, he shredded Clemson for 385 yards and 6 TDs in the playoffs, played injured against Alabama and had a bad game---now on a weekly basis there is another QB who is apparently better than him?

I guess Im not just seeing it. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, NYRaider said:

Where does everyone think Mac Jones ends up being drafted? San Francisco at #12 or New England at #15 both seem like good landing spots for him. 

I think Carolina at 8 his ceiling, and New England at 15 is his floor.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's almost impossible to project where the QB's will go because it's almost guaranteed that teams will move up on draft night to get their guy. In CBS sports most recent mock draft they have Zach Wilson falling to #12. 

On 3/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Scoundrel said:

That would be a huge mistake by many of the top 10 teams.

CBS click bait draft mode engaged - check.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, iknowcool said:

Mond does some nice things but I'll never get over how stiff/awkward he looks throwing the ball.  

That's one of few things that bothers me about him.  Though it was the same with Philip Rivers.  Unorthodox but gets the job done.  I wonder if trying to tweak it at this stage would do more harm than good?

Either way he is still an intriguing day 2 guy that could do very well with the proper coaching and a little patience

On 3/22/2021 at 3:33 AM, goldfishwars said:

I like Jamie Newman, he's the guy I'm taking day two - been closely linked with the Patriots. Davis Mills I'd look at early day three.  

If the Raiders let MM walk I was hoping we'd target Newman later in the draft.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Is it me or does Fields for some reason seem to be getting absolutely picked apart during this draft process while every pundit is putting everyone else on a platform.

Maybe im just being a homer OSU fan but man people seem to have a lot to say about Fields question marks but seem to not weigh those same things against the other prospects.

He was the unanimous #2 selection behind Lawrence all year long, then a lot of people said he could actually go #1 above Lawrence, he shredded Clemson for 385 yards and 6 TDs in the playoffs, played injured against Alabama and had a bad game---now on a weekly basis there is another QB who is apparently better than him?

I guess Im not just seeing it. 

Anyone who ever said that Fields may get drafted before Lawrence doesn't have a voice that deserves to be heard. Fields is a good QB...but if anything that outlier game made him overrated. I’m fine with him being the 2nd QB off the board but unanimous? Yeah...no. 

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Anyone who ever said that Fields may get drafted before Lawrence doesn't have a voice that deserves to be heard. Fields is a good QB...but if anything that outlier game made him overrated. I’m fine with him being the 2nd QB off the board but unanimous? Yeah...no. 

He was definitely seen more like 2nd overall pick before the season. Nobody really knew about Wilson and Jones. he was never rated higher than Lawrence though

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I dont think its unanimous, at this point its pretty unanimous that Wilson is going to be #2. The hard part that Im trying to figure out is how Fields went from the consensus #2 behind Lawrence to now a lot of people dont even have him as the #3 anymore but the #4 QB. Chris Simms crazy self has him at #5 behind everyone in the 1st round.

Im trying to figure out why.... what is the downfall he had that took him from #1/#2 great prospect to now people picking a kid from North Dakota St. who has only played 1 season of college football.

I understand that Fields performed like crap against Alabama, but it was pretty well known that his back was injured and he didnt have any of his mobility in that game. He also had a bad game against Northwestern, are people really holding 1 game against NW against him to have him now not even a better prospect than Trey Lance? Are we serious?

Im getting a lot of 'your overthinking it' Justin Herbert/Deshaun Watson type vibes with Justin Fields in this draft.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think its unanimous, at this point its pretty unanimous that Wilson is going to be #2. The hard part that Im trying to figure out is how Fields went from the consensus #2 behind Lawrence to now a lot of people dont even have him as the #3 anymore but the #4 QB. Chris Simms crazy self has him at #5 behind everyone in the 1st round.

Im trying to figure out why.... what is the downfall he had that took him from #1/#2 great prospect to now people picking a kid from North Dakota St. who has only played 1 season of college football.

I understand that Fields performed like crap against Alabama, but it was pretty well known that his back was injured and he didnt have any of his mobility in that game. He also had a bad game against Northwestern, are people really holding 1 game against NW against him to have him now not even a better prospect than Trey Lance? Are we serious?

Im getting a lot of 'your overthinking it' Justin Herbert/Deshaun Watson type vibes with Justin Fields in this draft.

Nobody has fallen. This happens every year. There’s always a prospect that gets overrated by draftniks and it’s not until closer to the draft when real scout opinions and teams intentions start to be revealed. People hate to hear that on this site but it is demonstrated on an annual basis.