Week 7 GDT: NY Giants vs. Philadephia Eagles -- Thurs. @ 8:20pm

Giants4eva

Had to start this thread right away since were on a short week here. So happy for our squad to come away with a win. Call it ugly, call it undeserved, call it pitiful. But the bottom line is a win is a win. Defense played their hearts out to capture us at least 5 mins of joy for this season. With that said, the 5 mins of joy has already got to be let go. Thursday night football coming up and we have to have a short term memory already. DJ once again with another turnover in this past one against the WFT. Now granted it didn't cost us the game, but it cost us a very critical 6 points. He just cant seem to not have a fumble, INT, turnover at all in any game ..ever. 18 games in his career and now 32 turnovers. Defense truly bailed us out in this past one. We are not going to have the same luck this week. The Eagles are coming in off a game they honestly could've had against arguably the best team in football in the Ravens. They were getting stomped at one point 24-0 if i remember correctly and the final score ended up 30-28 with Wentz putting up 22pts alone in the 4th qtr. In order to beat them, DJ is gonna have to play a perfect game. Defence is gonna have to play a perfect game. And neither is capable at this point of where we are as an organization at this moment in time. Unfortunately i see this one getting ugly fast. Travis Fulgham of the Eagles is quietly becoming a megastar for Wentz, their defence is plain nasty when they get going and Miles Sanders is an underrated RB in this league. 

Eagles 31 / Giants 14

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

I like the realistic and grounded analysis of this game. If the good Eagles show up against us--which they probably will since the division is still up for grabs--we will need a flawless game to beat them.

This will not stop me from daydreaming of a 31-13 Giants win, however. 🤤

22 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Had to start this thread right away since were on a short week here. So happy for our squad to come away with a win. Call it ugly, call it undeserved, call it pitiful. But the bottom line is a win is a win. Defense played their hearts out to capture us at least 5 mins of joy for this season. With that said, the 5 mins of joy has already got to be let go. Thursday night football coming up and we have to have a short term memory already. DJ once again with another turnover in this past one against the WFT. Now granted it didn't cost us the game, but it cost us a very critical 6 points. He just cant seem to not have a fumble, INT, turnover at all in any game ..ever. 18 games in his career and now 32 turnovers. Defense truly bailed us out in this past one. We are not going to have the same luck this week. The Eagles are coming in off a game they honestly could've had against arguably the best team in football in the Ravens. They were getting stomped at one point 24-0 if i remember correctly and the final score ended up 30-28 with Wentz putting up 22pts alone in the 4th qtr. In order to beat them, DJ is gonna have to play a perfect game. Defence is gonna have to play a perfect game. And neither is capable at this point of where we are as an organization at this moment in time. Unfortunately i see this one getting ugly fast. Travis Fulgham of the Eagles is quietly becoming a megastar for Wentz, their defence is plain nasty when they get going and Miles Sanders is an underrated RB in this league. 

Eagles 31 / Giants 14

While the final score is close I disagree with just about everything else. The Eagles were getting whipped for three quarters, then what happens to just about all football teams when you build a big lead, you let up some, the Ravens did that in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter Wentz was throwing up prayer after prayer and for the most part they were being answered. I never got the feeling that if the Eagles could have taken it to OT they would have won.

We don't need the perfect game from DJ or the defense. We just need DJ to stop with the turnovers and we need the defense to bend but don't break. So far we have been in just about every game for the first half, I believe this shall remain the case so it should not get ugly quick. It will probably get ugly after halftime. 

My X-factor this game is Peart. DJ makes his costly mistakes when under pressure. If we put Peart in at RT that could allow DJ to have the time in the pocket most other QB's get to enjoy. If gets that extra time he can put the ball in the hands of our playmakers, Slayton and Engram and we can pull out a hard win. 

If they don't put Peart in at RT...

Eagles 17 Giants 10 at halftime.

Eagles 31 Giants 20 final score.  (We get a meaningless TD at the end  of the game to make the score look closer than what it really was)

15 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

While the final score is close I disagree with just about everything else. The Eagles were getting whipped for three quarters, then what happens to just about all football teams when you build a big lead, you let up some, the Ravens did that in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter Wentz was throwing up prayer after prayer and for the most part they were being answered. I never got the feeling that if the Eagles could have taken it to OT they would have won.

We don't need the perfect game from DJ or the defense. We just need DJ to stop with the turnovers and we need the defense to bend but don't break. So far we have been in just about every game for the first half, I believe this shall remain the case so it should not get ugly quick. It will probably get ugly after halftime. 

My X-factor this game is Peart. DJ makes his costly mistakes when under pressure. If we put Peart in at RT that could allow DJ to have the time in the pocket most other QB's get to enjoy. If gets that extra time he can put the ball in the hands of our playmakers, Slayton and Engram and we can pull out a hard win. 

If they don't put Peart in at RT...

Eagles 17 Giants 10 at halftime.

Eagles 31 Giants 20 final score.  (We get a meaningless TD at the end  of the game to make the score look closer than what it really was)

31-20 is an improvement LOL. Go figure this game is actually a fight for 1st place in this division. With Dallas losing last night, suddenly this game has major implications for us. 

58 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Meant to ask is Sterling coming back in this one? 

I mean.. it's turf toe.... for crying out loud. If there is any hope for salvaging this season they have to win this game. If he doesn't play now might as well just take the rest of the season off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I mean.. it's turf toe.... for crying out loud. If there is any hope for salvaging this season they have to win this game. If he doesn't play now might as well just take the rest of the season off.

He got cleared to return, taken off IR, and returned to practice today. He's playing. Huuuuuge boost to this team. Say what you want about Shep, but when he plays, he gets open.

EDIT: He might play. It's not confirmed, so I jumped the gun a bit.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Shep is going to give it a go, per Garafolo. Hopefully he feels good and is good to go tonight. We need him back badly. Slayton accounts for 45% of the team's air yards right now. That's insane.

And I believe Slayton is pretty dinged up as well