Week 7 GDT: NY Giants vs. Philadephia Eagles -- Thurs. @ 8:20pm

Giants4eva

13 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Hope we can get some good play out of him tonight. We need all hands on deck against that Eagle defence. 

They are not as good as they have been in the recent past. Still good, just not as good. Their LB unit is the worst in the NFL. Their defensive front is still super solid though. If we can get backs to the second level, we could really do damage on the ground.

What a shame that the year the Eagles are starting practice squad players at LB Saquon is out with a torn ACL. This is a game where he would/should have like 15 targets and 150 yards through the air alone.

Just now, minutemancl said:

They are not as good as they have been in the recent past. Still good, just not as good. Their LB unit is the worst in the NFL. Their defensive front is still super solid though. If we can get backs to the second level, we could really do damage on the ground.

What a shame that the year the Eagles are starting practice squad players at LB Saquon is out with a torn ACL. This is a game where he would/should have like 15 targets and 150 yards through the air alone.

Ya i could see him easily shredding that 2nd level. This game is gonna come down to can the Giants oline buy DJ enough time. I just dont see it happening. Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham coming off that edge, I don't like the odds. We are always cursed with losing a player to a horrifying injury when we play in their house and when they wear that garbage all black uniform.

4 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya i could see him easily shredding that 2nd level. This game is gonna come down to can the Giants oline buy DJ enough time. I just dont see it happening. Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham coming off that edge, I don't like the odds. We are always cursed with losing a player to a horrifying injury when we play in their house and when they wear that garbage all black uniform.

I want to make it clear that I am in no way anticipating or expecting a win. The Eagles suck, but we suck worse. By PFF's accounts, WFT got pressure on DJ on about 50% of his dropbacks. 9/21 dropbacks he was pressured. It's going to be the same this week. The difference last week is that we had the lead since the beginning, so we could dictate the pace of the game and keep the run game going. If we fall into a hole, that can't happen.

As a caveat, I was not anticipating or expecting a win last week for basically the same reasons. For all the heat Jason Garrett has gotten, and rightfully so, I think he called a good game last week. The play calling was conservative, but I think it needed to be. We didn't have the personnel to match up with the WFT defense, and so we played around it. It's going to be very similar this week. With the injuries Philly has, they're a comparable challenge to WFT right now. Philly has an overall weaker defense, but better coaching. We'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Looks like you guys may have signed Corey Coleman again. Heard anything? I think he can be a very solid #3/4 receiver if healthy. Really want him to get another shot.

I haven't heard any news about Coleman since we cut him in camp. Sure he could be good "if healthy"... the problem being that he never is. We have enough injury-prone receivers hanging around.

The latest changes have been on the defensive side (Crowder going on IR and Jabaal Sheard being signed).

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Looks like you guys may have signed Corey Coleman again. Heard anything? I think he can be a very solid #3/4 receiver if healthy. Really want him to get another shot.

We brought him in for a workout, along with 2 other guys we also previously waived with an injury settlement. It is past the 6 week time frame, so those guys can come back now. I expect Coleman to be signed to the PS soon and UDFA Victor Binijimen to go to IR.