BDL 2020 Week 6 - Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Seoul Dragons

rackcs

Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Seoul Dragons  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Antarctica Katabatic Beasts
    • Seoul Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 6

Match: Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Seoul Dragons

Away Owner: @Pickle Rick

Home Owner: @TedLavie

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Edited by rackcs

Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

Offensive Starters:
QB - Lamar Jackson
RB1 - Todd Gurley
RB2 - Cam Akers
RB3 - Alexander Mattison
WR1 - Chris Godwin 
WR2 - Stefon Diggs
LT - Cam Robinson
LG - Dakota Dozier 
C - Ryan Kelly
RG/C2 - Tyler Biadasz
RT - Tytus Howard

Offensive Bench:
OG3 - Germain Ifedi
OT3 - DJ Fluker
TE1 - Jimmy Graham
TE2 - Cole Kmet
WR3 - Ceedee Lamb
WR4 - Tre'quan Smith
WR5 - Van Jefferson
QB2 - Tua Tagovailoa

Defensive Starters:
DE - JPP
DT - DeForest Buckner
DT - Jaleel Johnson
DE - Frank Clark
SOLB - Myles Jack
MLB - Roquan Smith 
WOLB - Demario Davis
CB1 - Joe Haden
CB2 - Marshon Lattimore 
FS - Anthony Harris
SS - Nasir Adderley 

Defensive Bench:
Slot CB3 - Jeff Okudah 
Dime CB4 - Charvarius Ward
DE - Josh Sweat
LB/DE - Harold Landry
DT3 - Timmy Jernigan
DT4 - Jordan Elliott
DT5 - B.J. Hill

Seoul Dragons

QB Kyler Murray
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Tyler Lockett
WR Nelson Agholor
WR Tim Patrick
TE Travis Kelce
LT Ronnie Stanley
LG Rodger Saffold 
C Austin Reiter
RG Brandon Schreff
RT Russell Okung

Bench QB Jared Goff
Bench RB Joshua Kelley
Bench RB Chase Edmonds
Bench WR Russell Gage
Bench TE Austin Hooper
Bench TE Cameron Brate
Bench TE Gerald Everett
Bench OL Adrus Peat

DE Bradley Chubb
DT Grady Jarett
NT DJ Jones
DE Calais Campbell
MLB Avery Williamson
WLB Nick Kwiatkowski
CB Ronald Darby
CB Bashaud Breeland
CB Steven Nelson
FS Marcus Williams
SS Jacquizki Tartt

Bench Edge Aldon Smith
Bench Edge 
Aldon Robinson
Bench Edge Ifeadi Odenigbo

Bench Int Tyler Lancaster
Bench Int Tim Settle
Bench LB Krys Barnes
Bench CB Bashaud Breeland
Bench DB Jason McCourty

Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

Motivation: Another game we felt we should have won, gotta learn and get better.  

Personnel Changes: Chris Godwin is back and we have promoted Alexander Mattison to active, fresh off his 100+ yard performance, running behind guess who? Dakota Dozier, who we have promoted to G as well. 

Offensive Formations: we are going to being in various formations this week, a higher percentage of Pistol Diamond Weak (2 WR, 1RB, 2RB/upbacks flanking the QB), the other are Pistol Spread (3 WR, 1TE), Pistol Light (4 WR), Pistol Heavy (2 WR, 2 TE), Pistol Back (2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB), and Pistol Diamond Strong (2 WR, 1RB, 2TE/upbacks flanking the QB)

1537945021-full.png

Tempo: This week we will be running a much faster tempo offense.  We will look to snap the ball quickly early in the game and then later, shift to fake counts to set up audibles based on presnap reads.  

Playcalling Distribution:

Q1: 100% run (includes RPO)

Q2: 80% run (includes RPO), 20% pass (mostly playaction)

Q3: 70% run (includes RPO), 30% pass (mostly playaction)

Q4: 60% run (includes RPO), 40% pass (mostly playaction)

Run Scheme: we will focus on power running with a large amount of traps, counter traps, pulling sweeps (RB and QB), and pulling counter sweeps (RB and QB).  These plays are going to have the benefit of 2 extra blockers on every play (whichever 2 backs are not getting the ball).  

Read option/Option:  we will also be running a good bit of option, read option and triple option plays, as well as allowing LJ to check into and out of them.  If the setup is there LJ will be relied upon to use his legs and eyes to attack the opponents DE's and exploit them to the fullest.   

Passing: very minimal traditional passing plays.  When we do run them they will be quick slants, crossing routes, and multi level routes.  We will roll out LJ on the longer developing plays to help avoid any pass rush that may get through. 

Playaction and RPO's: we will be using RPO's A LOT to catch Seoul crowding the box and cheating up to help stop Gurley/Akers/Mattisona/LJ.  With the vast majority of plays being runs, RPO's will be used/checked in to, to catch Seoul playing with a 8 and 9 man box.  Quick slants on an RPO with no one back should allow Godwin/Diggs/Lamb/Smith/Graham to burn Seoul for big plays.  Once we get deeper into the game we will start utilizing traditional playaction passes which should have the same general result.   

Defense Base Formation: 4-3 defense, switching to Dime and Nickel in passing downs and dependent upon ingame situations. We will also use more 4-4 sets on running downs and short yardage plays. 

Formation usage: 

4-3: 50%

Nickel: 40%

Dime: 5%

4-4: 5%

Defensive Base coverages:

Man: 40%

Cover 3 - 40%

Quarters- 10%

Tampa 2 - 10%

Playstyle:  this week we will be splitting our defensive coverage mostly between man and cover 3.  We know Seoul likes to throw to their TE's so a higher percentage of cover 3 will take away the middle of the field where they are most effective.  

Run defense.  We will be sticking to our 4-3 D and using our 4-4 run stopping D to stuff them at the line with our LB's taking over the game.  Runs blitzes will be far fewer this week as we like out D to win their 1 on 1 matchups to stuff the run.  Stunting with our big men up front will also help to get into the backfield and get tackles for loss

Passing Defense: to out match their o-line and get pressure, we will be using a number of d-line stunts and not as many blitzes.  Our d-line this week will be looking to shoot the gaps (whether stunting or playing straight up).  Getting men in the back field this week will be our goal, this will also help out on the run d.

When in man we like our CBs to match up nicely against whoever they are covering, as such when in man this will be the coverage 

Haden: strong side
Lattimore: weak side
Okudah: slot
Ward: slot 2
Adderley: slot 3

Seoul Dragons

Offense

Run the ball.We will do something a bit different this week as Antartica front 7 is better at pass defense than run defense. We’ll multiply run attempts, whether that’s inside with Drake and Kelley, or outside with Drake and Edmonds. We’ll also get Murray involved a lot in the running game through run options, designed QB runs or as contingency if pass plays don’t open.

Target deep passing. We want to use our great OL and playaction passes potential to target Antartica defense deep. We’re not enamored with their secondary and we think Lockett and Agholor, or even Everett at TE if has a favorable matchup in Davis or Adderley

Target Antartica slot defenders. We’ll fairly often use empty sets to find favorable matchups for Gage and Patrick, either in man vs a corner or in zone vs a heavier defender.

Double Buckner.Buckner is one of the top interior DL in the NFL and he’ll get doubled most of the time

Defense

Zone coverage. We will alternate cover 2, cover 3 and cover 6 schemes as it will challenge Jackson to beat us through the air with our pass rush breathing on him

Rotate DL. Again we want to keep our DL fresh to attack relentlessly a lesser OL. Smith will play 50% of the snaps outside. Robinson / Odenigbo will play altogether 40% of the snaps (Robinson comes in on passing downs, Odenigbo on rushing downs). Settle will rotate with Jones at the NT spot. Lancaster comes here and there, especially on running downs, for Jarrett. Calais will play outside on base downs, sliding inside on passing downs next to Jarrett

Honestly...here is how I see this game, both teams have pretty good defenses. Both teams have pretty good offenses BUT I am not among the people currently taking Kyler Murray seriously as a passer. The majority of his passing yards came on a singular TD throw. If not for that he looks extremely pedestrian if not, fairly poor. He is a threat as a Runner no doubt but when your weapons include Nelson Agholor as your #2WR.. I just have a hard time believing you're gonna succeed against Joe Haden, Marshon Lattimore and Anthony Harris. 

Gotta go Antartica here, I think their weapons are much better and more capable of getting it done frankly. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m from the BCB school of punishing late game plans... sorry

*whines about divisional opponents not voting for him*

*suddenly joins the BCB train of thought of voting against late gameplans on a divisional matchup*

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly...here is how I see this game, both teams have pretty good defenses. Both teams have pretty good offenses BUT I am not among the people currently taking Kyler Murray seriously as a passer. The majority of his passing yards came on a singular TD throw. If not for that he looks extremely pedestrian if not, fairly poor. He is a threat as a Runner no doubt but when your weapons include Nelson Agholor as your #2WR.. I just have a hard time believing you're gonna succeed against Joe Haden, Marshon Lattimore and Anthony Harris. 

Gotta go Antartica here, I think their weapons are much better and more capable of getting it done frankly. 

*whines about people not reading gameplans*

*votes according to passing weapons in a game where both teams went run heavy and where Antartica passes on 22,5% of the snaps*

*whines about Antartica getting the win W1 despite them having a terrible OL and a backup on offense*

*apparently doesn't care anymore*

You two and your BS never disappoint

56 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

*suddenly joins the BCB train of thought of voting against late gameplans on a divisional matchup*

*votes according to passing weapons in a game where both teams went run heavy and where Antartica passes on 22,5% of the snaps*

*whines about Antartica getting the win W1 despite them having a terrible OL and a backup on offense*

With the utmost respect, I'm aware you went Run Heavy, but I have 0 faith in Drake this year. He has not been very good up until tonight against a horrendous Dallas Cowboys defense. So while the 164 yds and 2 TDs is impressive, its.also relative to the quality of defense. 

Antartica's OL has improved considerably.

When it comes to.QB runs, Lamar is simply better.  I read the gameplan. And while you both went run heavy and I think Seoul doesn't do.as well against this.D with Drake as AZ did against Dallas, at some point its going to come.down to the passing game regardless of the % and I trust Antartica.more. I'm sorry you disagree.

I've said this before that I tend to vote based on how I believe players will perform within the construct of the roster they are a part of in BDL, while using real life success as a gadget for their skill. Its not an accident that Drakes only 100+ yard game came against one of the top 3 worst run defenses in the NFL.

Edited by wwhickok

I still don't see how that Antarctica offensive line is improved. It's brutal - yeah Howard was an upgrade over DJ Fluker? Or whoever was at RT before him, but this is an OL that would struggle in the NFL, let alone the BDL. Kelly is obviously really good, but the other 4 starters would be among the worst, if not the worst in the BDL at each of their positions. 

I'm going with Seoul here 16 - 9

I've worked from home the past 2 days and I've watched 6 games. No QB is going to succeed when they're constantly facing pressure and the OL crumbles. We saw it with Dalton and Allen on MNF because their two OLs played like absolute dog****. At least KC has some good pass-rushers in Clark and Jones, Dallas' OL was getting destroyed by a Chandler Jones-less Arizona front. Rodgers faced pressure and struggled against Tampa and it was basically a theme this week that QBs who played behind OLs that were beaten comfortably ended up struggling.

Anyway, I can't in good faith vote for that Antarctica OL. I get the running game being the focus to try and simplify it for them, but Seoul's DL is good and they've named a number of guys on the bench who can rotate in. That OL gets blown up on most plays and even if they may break a couple runs on the outside every few drives, they aren't scoring many points.

Mind you I don't think Seoul scores many points either. Antarctica for as bad as their OL is, has perhaps an equally good defense - heck maybe even their roster outside of that OL is up there too. Thing is Seoul boasts a solid OL, decent enough weapons and even if Kyler isn't having success as a passer, has an arm and guys that can stretch the field and the ability to make things happen on his feet.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

If you have a problem with me Pm me and talk to me.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, Counselor said:

Sorry Swole. If a team showed up hours late to a game the game would get canceled. 

On 11/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, SirA1 said:

For those who care Portland's game plan was late by a few hours.

I did the same last year with late games. BCB gets a like for it and I get told my BS never disappoints. Good stuff

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't like to talk **** about opponents in my game threads so I didn't say anything last week but that Antarctica OL is still cheeks. Howard has not been very good this year and Cam Robinson is still Robinson. Ryan Kelly is good and Biadasz has been solid for a rookie but that's about it.