BDL 2020 Week 6 - Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Seoul Dragons

rackcs

Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Seoul Dragons  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Antarctica Katabatic Beasts
    • Seoul Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:01 AM

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I did the same last year with late games. BCB gets a like for it and I get told my BS never disappoints. Good stuff

On the games I could find where someone submitted late I found one example of you voting for the late dude. If there are others I couldn't find then I will apologize. 

As for my problem with you it's very simple. You and ww make the main thread unreadable (to me) in season with your constant complaining and controversy stiring. So when you act the same way you complain about, I'm calling you out on it 

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

On the games I could find where someone submitted late I found one example of you voting for the late dude. If there are others I couldn't find then I will apologize. 

As for my problem with you it's very simple. You and ww make the main thread unreadable (to me) in season with your constant complaining and controversy stiring. So when you act the same way you complain about, I'm calling you out on it 

I haven't accused anyone of being bias since my last rant like 2 or 3 months ago on the topic and then I deleted my previous videos and started over.

I even made a video apologizing to ppl. I have tried quite intently to leave the drama out of the thread. What happened between Lukic and I, well it seems that was inevitable.  

Having said that, I simply voted for which team thought would win this game, I respect that you disagree but I feel I was respectful in delivering my opinion. In no way did I show any bias, and I'm only one vote. So to go to the point of starting unnecessary drama and being disrespectful, I mean its, well...unnecessary 

14 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Act the same way? If I was late on a gameplan I would completely expect to get voted against. And I wouldn’t cry about it either. This isn’t the same as what you are claiming you called me out for. But good stuff. 

If I had voted for you, your opponent is complaining but let me guess, you don't care. Lately it seems ppl are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

We all set our rosters, we all write our gameplans. So instead of lobbying for votes for 3 pages and/or complaining about how people vote, how about we just let people vote?

But with that, the people voting need to make sure they read the gameplans, look at the rosters, and give a real explanation, imo.

I think everyone just needs to take a step back and not take this whole thing so seriously. I get that we're all competitive and want to win but there's no need for these threads to constantly devolve into stuff like this every week. As for this particular instance, I don't see what Counselor would have to gain by voting against you here Ted. You're both his divisional opponents, he doesn't seem to be trying to compete this year, he has none of your draft picks. I see no reason to doubt that he voted against you based on a late gameplan. 

Edit: And if anything it would make more sense for him to vote for Antarctica since that could help him secure the first pick.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

A number of factors working against Seoul here in a game that I think was very winnable otherwise. Late gampelan that doesn't really account for Jackson as a rusher. Antarctica secondary is actually pretty good, don't know why you would target that area with Murray playing streaky at best as a passer right now. I like Antarctica's plan to heavily utilize the run early and move into more of a play-action based offense as the game goes on, although I'm not sure that's the best plan, but it gets the job done this week.

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think everyone just needs to take a step back and not take this whole thing so seriously. I get that we're all competitive and want to win but there's no need for these threads to constantly devolve into stuff like this every week. As for this particular instance, I don't see what Counselor would have to gain by voting against you here Ted. You're both his divisional opponents, he doesn't seem to be trying to compete this year, he has none of your draft picks. I see no reason to doubt that he voted against you based on a late gameplan. 

Edit: And if anything it would make more sense for him to vote for Antarctica since that could help him secure the first pick.

I'm not accusing Counselor or ww of being biased just to be clear. I'm sure they voted against me for valid reasons. I just find funny that Counselor suddenly decides to vote against late gameplans which is inconsistent to past behavior and that ww voted against me with a similar reasoning he called pathetic on week 1. If it were anyone else I probably wouldn't have even noticed tbh, but those two yeah, I couldn't miss that. 

I also realize that I created what I complain about so I will stop here.

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I'm not accusing Counselor or ww of being biased just to be clear. I'm sure they voted against me for valid reasons. I just find funny that Counselor suddenly decides to vote against late gameplans which is inconsistent to past behavior and that ww voted against me with a similar reasoning he called pathetic on week 1. If it were anyone else I probably wouldn't have even noticed tbh, but those two yeah, I couldn't miss that. 

I also realize that I created what I complain about so I will stop here.

It’s not inconsistent I provided you an example from last November. I voted against IC when they didn’t turn in a gameplan or when Portland didn’t. I view that the same as a late game. Even shared my response from last November of how if a team is late to the game there won’t be a game. Again as I showed you from last November and you still here say suddenly decides. I didn’t know 11 months ago was suddenly. Just have to accept you were wrong here bud.

Kelly - top 5 C

Howard - "Tytus Howard’s a guy that’s gotten better every single game," Kelly said of second-year right tackle Howard. "Drastic improvement from Weeks 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, so on and so forth. He’s doing a great job of getting back to the form that we saw last year. Being a physical player, doing a good job on the edge."

Biadasz - is doing well for a rookie

Dozier - "Bleacher Report’s Kristopher Knox listed Dozier as the Vikings’ “early hidden gem,” saying that although he only made 11 starts in his career entering the 2020 season, Dozier has taken the chance the Vikings have given him and “run with it.”

You can use this line as a scapegoat to justify voting against us, but its actually better than some.  And has a lot of potential 

• Like 1

If you're late and decide to still send in a game plan, why not make it a legit game plan?

I wish Antarctica would've had a plan to contain Kelce other than "Cover 3 to slow down TE's" but then Seoul doesn't mention Kelce a single time as a focal point, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'd like to see Antarctica focus less on hard numbers (how do you know how much nickel you'll play all game, isn't that dependent on your opponent?) and focus more on eliminating strengths or targeting weaknesses of their opponent. 

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

If you're late and decide to still send in a game plan, why not make it a legit game plan?

I could either submit one or two hours late with a very small window to write it or not send it. I chose the former and I think it covers the most necessary points. Obviously not the best gameplan I wrote, especially on defense, but I did what I could 

I think the more disappointing thing is the pedestrian writeup which was also turned in late is hard to go with the home team. While the road team has real flaws, I think when they get some better OL that the run first, second, and third mentality can be extremely effective when they correctly get the personnel down.

I'm voting Antarctica solely because of the late writeup. I don't understand Antarctica's decision to go with that offense when 2 of those RBs barely play. Not to mention being behind that OL. And then running it over 75% of the time, which I would wager just about never happens. They've got a good QB and three good WRs. Throw that ****. Because I don't think this team is constructed to be run heavy right now.