BDL 2020 Week 6 - Hungary Hippos @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 6

Match: Hungary Hippos @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Away Owner: @PR

Home Owner: @RuskieTitan

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hungary Hippos

QB - Carson Wentz
RB - Raheem Mostert
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - Adam Thielen
TE - TJ Hockenson
LT - Eric Fisher
LG - Ali Marpet
C - Matt Skura
RG - Graham Glasgow
RT - Bobby Massie

RB - James Robinson
RB - Darrell Henderson
WR - Darius Slayton
WR - Andy Isabella
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
TE - Greg Olsen
TE - Devin Asiasi
OL - Demar Dotson

DE - Everson Griffen
DT - Danny Shelton
DT - Jonathan Allen
DE - Mario Addison
LB - Logan Wilson
LB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Casey Heyward Jr.
CB - Shaquille Griffen
NCB - Emmanuel Moseley
FS - Budda Baker
SS - Harrison Smith

DE - Taco Charlton
DE - Terrell Lewis
DT - Nick Williams
LB - Josey Jewell
LB - Eric Wilson

CB - Logan Ryan
CB - Amani Oruwariye
S - Chuck Clark

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

QB- Ryan Tannehill
RB- D’Ernest Johnson

WR- Terry McLaurin
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Chase Claypool
TE- Jared Cook
LT- Trent Williams
LG- Damien Lewis
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Dennis Kelly

--------------------------------------------------

QB- Daniel Jones
RB- Wayne Gallman
FB- Anthony Sherman
WR- Adam Humphries
WR- Curtis Samuel
TE- Kyle Rudolph
OL- Ricky Wagner
OL- Josh Jones

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Da'Ron Payne
NT- Maurice Hurst
DE- Myles Garrett
LB- Lavonte David
LB- Devin White
CB- Patrick Peterson
CB- Jaylon Johnson
CB- Bradley Roby
S- Jordan Whitehead
S- Devin McCourty

DE- Chase Young
DT- Larry Ogunjobi
DT- Davon Godchaux
DT- Geno Atkins
LB- Patrick Queen
CB- A.J. Terrell
CB- Trevon Diggs
S- Ashtyn Davis

Hungary Hippos

Offense:

60/40 Run Pass Ratio:

Goal: Ball Control

To achieve this goal we will be having a heavy dose of Mostert and Robinson throughout the game in the running game. They will rotate frequently as both are dynamic playmakers in their own right. At times we will also utilize a two RB back field both in the running game and in the passing game. By having a focus on the I-formation and the Power Run, it will help set-up the play action.

ICBR’s main weakness is their secondary. None of their corners are playing up to expectations this year especially Patrick Peterson. Hungary is in a good position this week with the triple threat of Golladay, Metcalf and Thielen facing ICBR’s secondary. We will be looking at the one-on-one matchup on any given play as all three receivers have the ability to go deep. Wentz will look for the intermediate and deep routes on passes especially to Golladay and DK, while with Thielen we will look for slants, curls and other routes that play to his skills. 

TJ will be used for chip blocking in the passing game to keep one of Mack or Garrett at bay on any given play before going for an underneath route. If they do try to ramp up the blitz, we will utilize the screen game to a WR or RB. 

Defense:

ICBR is one dimensional at this point in the season. Gallman and Johnson do not have the skill level to provide a consistent threat of a running game so our main focus will be on the passing game. 

This week we will run a balanced zone/man coverage. We won’t have a planned shadow on any player this week to help disguise the zone/man coverage. To help defend the deep pass, both Baker and Smith will be playing back because any of their receivers is a threat to go deep on any given play. We want to keep the ball in front instead of giving up the plays down field. This also helps with the goal of the ball control element. 

In two wide Wilson will have the Cook when playing in Man coverage while Greenlaw spies the RB. Jewell would take the other TE. In three wide Jewell comes off for Mosely and so on. 

I will be dialing up the blitz this week as well either from the nickel 3Wide or more) or from the Linebacking group. In these cases Smith will move forward to cover the assignment while a fifth man lances into the back field. We will shoot for a 45% blitz factor to put pressure on Tannehill on any given play. Charlton and Lewis will have a healthy rotation with Griffen and Addison to keep the edge rush fresh. Nick Williams will come in for Shelton on obvious passing downs for additional pass rush ability. 

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Offense
Primary Formation: Ace 11 Personnel- We are going to come out with 3 wide receivers, a tight end, and one backs as our primary formation. We’ll split time between having the quarterback under center as well as out of shotgun. We’ll also throw a few 4 wide sets, along with Jared Cook kicking out wide for a 5 wide look. We’ll leverage Jared Cook out in the slot at times to generate a 4 wide look, and also use Kyle Rudolph and Anthony Sherman at times, particularly when we want to run on short yardage.

Running Game Focus- We’re going to rely on our offensive line to defeat the Hungary defensive box, and give us reliable gains when we run the ball. We are going to have D’Ernest Johnson start, with Wayne Gallman spilling him and giving him breathers. We aren’t going to focus on running the ball, the gameplan will revolve around Ryan Tannehill and the passing attack, but we do want to lean on that offensive line and having the pass set up the run to keep the defense honest and balanced.

Passing Game Focus- We’re going to let Ryan Tannehill run some bootleg playaction passes, to make a throw downfield or tuck the ball and pick up yards allowed by the defense. We want to try and keep 3 receivers on for most of the game, going with play action to allow the threat of the run to develop, and take some deep shots. We’ve got a solid group of receivers that we feel at least one can get open on any given play, and we’ll mix up some rub routes along with flood routes to defeat man and zone concepts. Jared Cook is going to get several looks as well, to try and leverage his mismatch against the defense

X-Factor on Offense: Ryan Tannehill- Tannehill’s stats over the last two seasons have shown it’s not a fluke, and he’s playing like one of the top quarterbacks in the league. We’re going to put the ball in his hands, and watch him get it to playmakers or make plays himself.

Defense
Defensive Formation: 4-2-5 Nickel Defense- We prepare for Hungary to go 3 wide receivers as their base set, and prepare accordingly. When they only have 2 receivers or less, we’ll bring on Patrick Queen and take off Bradley Roby. When we need a dime look, we’ll take off Devin White and bring in Trevon Diggs as the 4th cornerback.

Secondary Coverage: Press Man Cover 2- We’re going two safeties high to prevent deep shots and provide assistance with our cornerbacks on deeper patterns. We are going to have our cornerbacks up on the line and pressed most of the game, to limit the quick releases and up-tempo passing game. Lavonte David will take coverage on their primary tight end, with Devin White handling the back or other tight end. When Queen is in, he’ll take the running back.

Defensive Box- Geno Atkins returns, but we aren’t going to rush him into the starting lineup. Instead, we will bring in a rotation of 5 interior defensive linemen, and their goal this game will be to one-gap penetrate and get into the face of the quarterback, just pure pressure up the middle. Of course, coming off the edges are our elite rushers Mack, Garrett, and Young, so the quarterback won’t have anywhere to scramble. We want to collapse the pocket as quickly as possible, with our secondary and corners doing what they can to buy a few seconds for us to achieve that goal

X-Factor on Defense: Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett vs Eric Fisher and Bobby Massie- Please read that line several times, and consider how badly the quarterback is going to get murdered.  One elite pass rusher can wreck an offensive gameplan. Put two together, along with a third to rotate with? Those were the tackles last game for Hungary, but they don’t have anyone on the roster who can deal with one of those guys one-on-one. Toss in Chase Young coming in to give those guys breathers, and we fully expect to sustain edge pressure all day long to disrupt anything Hungary tries to accomplish on offense.

Unfortunately for ICBR, I tend to agree with Hungary here that they are basically one dimensional. Johnson is but a side show in the Cleveland offense that frankly got absolutely obliterated this weekend. Tannehil will be able to move the ball around to a very capable WR core but without a running game, the opposing defense can basically to just hang back in coverage. 

I also have to agree that ICBRs secondary this season is just not getting it done. I feel like they'll give up a lot of big plays in this one.

Hungary 31-17

This is a tough one as I think there's a compelling argument which can be made for both teams.

Hungary obviously boasts that ridiculous receiving trio which will give any secondary trouble. Wentz will obviously benefit from having a much better supporting cast around him here than in real life, but at the same time I can see a lot of his troubles persisting because that Ivory Coast defensive front 6/7 is nasty, especially with Geno and Young coming off the bench. Hungary's OL is rather nondescript, which I guess isn't a bad thing, but it will take its losses against that DL for sure. Despite this, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wentz connect with Metcalf an Golladay deep for TDs because I'm not exactly bullish on IC's secondary.

On the other side of the ball, Ruskie obviously knows Tannehill's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone and has written the gameplan as I'd expect. The running game definitely takes a hit with these costco running backs, even if Hungary's got a poor front 7. I actually think playing Baker and Smith back hurts here because against what will largely be a 6 man boxes, the Ivory Coast OL is good enough to get some push and a **** running back behind a solid OL is still going to produce. Having watched more of Tannehill recently, the guy's just ridiculously good passing out of play action and I think between the weakness of that Hungary defensive front and strength of the IC OL, he gets enough opportunities to make the plays downfield and keep that balance going forward.

End of the day I'm giving it to the home team. Tannehill from a clean pocket with a decent enough group of receivers around him will eventually find his receivers or make the plays necessary on his feet, and even if Hungary has some awesome downfield receivers, those plays take time to develop and the game fittingly ends with Hungary driving down field but Garrett forcing an incompletion on 4th and long.

IC 27 - 23 Hungary

43 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

This is a tough one as I think there's a compelling argument which can be made for both teams.

Hungary obviously boasts that ridiculous receiving trio which will give any secondary trouble. Wentz will obviously benefit from having a much better supporting cast around him here than in real life, but at the same time I can see a lot of his troubles persisting because that Ivory Coast defensive front 6/7 is nasty, especially with Geno and Young coming off the bench. Hungary's OL is rather nondescript, which I guess isn't a bad thing, but it will take its losses against that DL for sure. Despite this, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wentz connect with Metcalf an Golladay deep for TDs because I'm not exactly bullish on IC's secondary.

On the other side of the ball, Ruskie obviously knows Tannehill's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone and has written the gameplan as I'd expect. The running game definitely takes a hit with these costco running backs, even if Hungary's got a poor front 7. I actually think playing Baker and Smith back hurts here because against what will largely be a 6 man boxes, the Ivory Coast OL is good enough to get some push and a **** running back behind a solid OL is still going to produce. Having watched more of Tannehill recently, the guy's just ridiculously good passing out of play action and I think between the weakness of that Hungary defensive front and strength of the IC OL, he gets enough opportunities to make the plays downfield and keep that balance going forward.

End of the day I'm giving it to the home team. Tannehill from a clean pocket with a decent enough group of receivers around him will eventually find his receivers or make the plays necessary on his feet, and even if Hungary has some awesome downfield receivers, those plays take time to develop and the game fittingly ends with Hungary driving down field but Garrett forcing an incompletion on 4th and long.

IC 27 - 23 Hungary

You know he is also playing two safeties deep with a 6 man box against my RBs as well and my RBs are all starters compared to the third string committee.

Edited by PR

8 minutes ago, PR said:

You know he is also playing two safeties deep with a 6 man box against my RBs as well...

I'm well aware of that and it's not to say you won't have any success running the ball, but they've got an edge in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Anyway, it's more that I reject the idea that they're going to be one dimensional just because their RBs suck, when there's a solid OL and a light box in front of them.

I have to respect Tannehill's play since taking over as the starter in Tennessee last year, and Ivory Coast recognizes that he's their best bet for moving the ball. I think in the trenches, Ivory Coast is the superior team on both sides of the ball. Wentz probably makes enough plays late to make it a close final score, but I'm taking Ivory Coast.

I think IC is a bit one dimensional on offense here. And I think Wentz with these weapons and a better overall oline than the Eagles have is a better player than what we see in the NFL. He wasn’t that bad against Baltimore (his completion percentage wasn’t great) but he made some good plays. IC has some nice receiving weapons though and while Hungary does have a better oline than Wentz has in real life the IC pass rush is a special unit. I think it’s close but IC pulls it out at home. 

1 hour ago, PR said:

PS. Maurice Hurst has been on the covid list for the past two weeks. He would have been inactive this game. 

Yes I knew this as someone who has considered trying to acquire hurst. That was definitely a bad call on his part but Larry O I consider better anyway and he played 85% of Cleveland’s snaps this weekend 

ICBR did what they had to do with RB and went predictably pass first, which Hungary also figured out.  Aside from the gaping hole at RB, ICBR has a very good offense overall, I like what I've seen from Tannehill in TEN and think he can have some success to his wideouts, mostly based on his being protected well from the Hippos less than stellar pass rushing D Line.  Wentz with some exciting weapons, done that with varying overall success, lol.   I like the WR group do some damage, but the running game less successful.  I think ICBR looking to limit the deep game for Wentz is important, a lot of his success this year has come from big plays.  In the end, I think the game comes down to the best player on the field and Mack wins the game late with a strip six of Wentz.  

I think Tannehill's success is no fluke as indicated, but I also think it's no coincidence that once he got a true dominant run game his abilities as a QB have shined. D'Ernest Johnson being the best back ICBR has allows Hungary to focus on Tannehill and attack him with extra defenders, and while I think ICBR's pass rush is nasty, Hungary planning extra protection for Wentz behind an already solid line is going to be important in this game. Close match, went Hungary.