Packers are going to be fine

Packman04

Been a longtime viewer of this forum for 15 years, but today made me login in for the first time in years. Some of you guys are the most fair weather packer fans I ever seen lol, just because they lost a game they got whipped in and you're already saying its the end of the world and that they are pretenders. This team was never going to go 16-0 or 19-0, one loss to a really good team on the road sucks but they will bounce back this week . The story of this packer team has been the same the last 10 years. They will go as far as Rodgers takes them, he played awful after the first quarter yesterday , no doubt about it. But some of the things that are being said in this forum is just ridiculous. The schedule is pretty soft the rest of the way, could see them finishing 12-4 still. They should win the next 2 game against Texans and Vikings, which would put them at 6-1 going into the Sunday Night games @49ers. Like Rodgers said in 2014, R-E-L-A-X.

It was pretty ugly but it's just game 5. There's so much season left. It could get worse, or we might have it figured out by the end. Fans definitely live on the roller coaster too often, myself included. It felt like early on we had that game and then it totally unraveled, it can happen. It doesn't automatically mean doom and gloom.

Thats life in the NFL honestly. There is so much parity among good teams that anything could happen. I agree with you I was pretty shocked how fast momentum turned and the game changed, Rodgers looked completely shell shocked and totally confused and it was a wrap before halftime.

31 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

Thats life in the NFL honestly. There is so much parity among good teams that anything could happen. I agree with you I was pretty shocked how fast momentum turned and the game changed, Rodgers looked completely shell shocked and totally confused and it was a wrap before halftime.

Yup, you can't turn the ball over on the road like that and expect good things to happen.

I'd much rather lose in blowout fashion on the road to a team like TB, then to lose a close divisional game. This team will be fine, they had a piss poor game plan and it showed. I'm not buying those whole week of practice thing not being a good week that Rodgers said. Like dude, your the QB, the face of the franchise, you say anything to this team, they'll listen. If he noticed a poor week of practice, Rodgers should have said something during practice, during the week, but hes too worried about posing for the camera, or doing hip thrusters in the end zone. 

First of all this team needs to get back to basics, go to some local HS so those kids can teach the defense how to tackle because obviously the coaches don't care about tackling. Hopefully this was a wake up call to the whole team and coaches that their not the world beaters that they think they are but they are a damn good team when they execute at all levels.

People gave Brady crap for yelling at his o-lineman last week on the side line, well maybe Rodgers needs to take note. They didn't sack Brady once yesterday so they obviously got the message. On another note, what has happened to preston smith, is it the way Pettine is playing him or did he just decide to take the year off this year.

Edited by dwaye50327

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

I'd much rather lose in blowout fashion on the road to a team like TB, then to lose a close divisional game. This team will be fine, they had a piss poor game plan and it showed. I'm not buying those whole week of practice thing not being a good week that Rodgers said. Like dude, your the QB, the face of the franchise, you say anything to this team, they'll listen. If he noticed a poor week of practice, Rodgers should have said something during practice, during the week, but hes too worried about posing for the camera, or doing hip thrusters in the end zone. 

First of all this team needs to get back to basics, go to some local HS so those kids can teach the defense how to tackle. Hopefully this was a wake up call to the whole team and coaches that their not the world beaters that they think they are but they are a damn good team when they execute at all levels.

People gave Brady crap for yelling at his o-lineman last week on the side line, well maybe Rodgers needs to take note. They didn't sack Brady once yesterday so they obviously got the message. On another note, what has happened to preston smith, is it the way Pettine is playing him or did he just decide to take the year off this year.

I totally agree with you, much rather lose in a blow out too. and I agree im not buying the whole bad week of practice, that is just a excuse. Titans didn't play for 2 weeks last week and barely practiced and smoked the undefeated bills 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Fine until we Aaron has a bad game in the playoffs (which you have to accept and not even hold against Aaron).

I take that as you're saying that sarcastically. I guess you aren't a Rodgers guy  from what I have read from your 29,299 posts lol, but to ask you personally, what would you do with  this team if you were the GM and given full control of this team? im just curious what you would change that would be better then it is currently?

Edited by Packman04

Yes they will be fine. They got outplayed but it wasn't as one sided as the score indicated. 3 plays accounted for 21 of the Bucs points. Bucs still win that game without the mistakes of course. Biggest concern was how easily the team folded once adversity struck. Rodgers, LaFleur....the whole team just got bodied for the TKO after a couple punches by the Bucs.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

Fine as in, making the playoffs and then getting bounced by a superior team. It's very much the same team that got trounced by the niners twice last season. Same shortcomings, though lb position was augmented. 

If your going to have that mindset, then why bother watching them lol

that might be the dumbest excuse I heard, look at any of the top teams in the nfl and at theyre wins, they beaten mostly bad teams. Who did the chiefs beat other then ravens? who have the Seahawks played ?who have the ravens played and win against? the steelers have played nobody.