Packers are going to be fine

Packman04

47 minutes ago, Howler said:

IMHO these are the teams that the packers don't match up well with. Looking for powerful d lines, mobile linebackers and shutdown corners that will blow up the LaFleur scheme and force Rodgers to adlib, which he can no longer do with the current personnel. Take away the zone runs and blanket Davante. Good night Green Bay:

NFC

Buccaneers

Niners

Rams 

AFC

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans

Buffalo

I don't see a chance in hell to win the Super Bowl this year. NFC is down this year, but AFC is top heavy with buzzsaws. 

Injuries, covid, etc can take it's toll. But yeah the sky is falling, the sky is falling. LOL.

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

This would have been a easy touchdown, he was wide open and no one around him.

I'm not so sure about that "no one around him" concept. There was no one who was gonna contest the catch if the pass was on target - agree there - but Lewis had a ways to go before he got to pay dirt and though hard to bring down, he's hardly fast of foot and there were potential tacklers in the area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pf9 said:

We should try and find A-Rod's successor in next year's draft. Thing is we might not be able to get a good QB in the first round if we make the playoffs.

Um...I'm not a Jordan Love fan either, but he's probably going to be A-Rod's successor whether we like it or not. I too wanted to take advantage of a strong 2021 QB class, but MLF had other thoughts.

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Injuries, covid, etc can take it's toll. But yeah the sky is falling, the sky is falling. LOL.

and Howler didn't even get the criteria right either for who is on our schedule, which should be the following:

1. Strong power running game(TB, Tenn, SF, Carolina(when CMC is there))
2. Significantly experienced coaching staff(TB, SF(daddy's in Kyle's ear), NO, Philly)
3. Strong and versatile front-7(TB, NO, SF(even without Bosa), Indy, Philly, and you could argue TN given who the coach is)

I'm not even going to look at the rest of the teams that could be an issue for us. We'll probably win the North but will probably lose in the first round to someone with a decent running game and pass rush.

As long as Jordan Love is good, I don't care either way. Rodgers turns 37 later this year, and we don't really know how much steam he has left. He could still be good up to age 40, but who knows? Brett Favre was our starter until after he turned 38.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

and Howler didn't even get the criteria right either for who is on our schedule, which should be the following:

1. Strong power running game(TB, Tenn, SF, Carolina(when CMC is there))
2. Significantly experienced coaching staff(TB, SF(daddy's in Kyle's ear), NO, Philly)
3. Strong and versatile front-7(TB, NO, SF(even without Bosa), Indy, Philly, and you could argue TN given who the coach is)

I'm not even going to look at the rest of the teams that could be an issue for us. We'll probably win the North but will probably lose in the first round to someone with a decent running game and pass rush.

I was focused on the offensive side of the ball because that's where this team will succeed or fail IMHO. How much of the salary cap is tied up in the offense? A sizable portion I suspect. I was pointing out the main neutralizers to LaFleur's scheme and corresponding personnel.

Pettine plays a light front which is going to be susceptible to power running games. Defense is complimentary to the offensive unit and built to pass rush with a lead.

Edited by Howler

2 hours ago, Howler said:

IMHO these are the teams that the packers don't match up well with. Looking for powerful d lines, mobile linebackers and shutdown corners that will blow up the LaFleur scheme and force Rodgers to adlib, which he can no longer do with the current personnel. Take away the zone runs and blanket Davante. Good night Green Bay:

NFC

Buccaneers

Niners

Rams 

AFC

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans

Buffalo

I don't see a chance in hell to win the Super Bowl this year. NFC is down this year, but AFC is top heavy with buzzsaws. 

get in as a 5 seed. 

beat dallas.

beat seattle in the dome

the bears luck their way into the nfc title game.

beat them.

and win SB against Pit again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

I'd much rather lose in blowout fashion on the road to a team like TB, then to lose a close divisional game. This team will be fine, they had a piss poor game plan and it showed. I'm not buying those whole week of practice thing not being a good week that Rodgers said. Like dude, your the QB, the face of the franchise, you say anything to this team, they'll listen. If he noticed a poor week of practice, Rodgers should have said something during practice, during the week, but hes too worried about posing for the camera, or doing hip thrusters in the end zone. 

First of all this team needs to get back to basics, go to some local HS so those kids can teach the defense how to tackle because obviously the coaches don't care about tackling. Hopefully this was a wake up call to the whole team and coaches that their not the world beaters that they think they are but they are a damn good team when they execute at all levels.

People gave Brady crap for yelling at his o-lineman last week on the side line, well maybe Rodgers needs to take note. They didn't sack Brady once yesterday so they obviously got the message. On another note, what has happened to preston smith, is it the way Pettine is playing him or did he just decide to take the year off this year.

How do any of us know if Rodgers said anything at practice?  And shouldn't that be the coaches job to address this kind of stuff?

3 hours ago, Howler said:

NFC

Buccaneers

Niners

Rams 

AFC

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans

Buffalo

Buffalo couldn't stop the run today even against the Chief's patchwork OL.  If our line plays like they are capable of we can pound the rock against the Bills too.

3 hours ago, Howler said:

NFC

Buccaneers

Niners

Rams 

AFC

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans

Buffalo

Seems to me the last SB New England won was in a year when the NFC was loaded with "heavies"...

2 hours ago, Howler said:

I was focused on the offensive side of the ball because that's where this team will succeed or fail IMHO. How much of the salary cap is tied up in the offense? A sizable portion I suspect. I was pointing out the main neutralizers to LaFleur's scheme and corresponding personnel.

Pettine plays a light front which is going to be susceptible to power running games. Defense is complimentary to the offensive unit and built to pass rush with a lead.

Packers had a 10-0 lead Sunday in 1st qtr and didn't do squat to put a rush on Brady ... matter of fact, the whole frickin game.