Sign in to follow this  
mw2noobbuster

Kyle Shanahan: Raheem Mostert will 'most likely' go on IR

Well, that sucks.

Definitely are a better offense with him in the backfield. True home run hitter and moves at a different speed than anyone else.

Hasty time though! 

• Like 1

At first, I wasn't sure what day it was because I hadn't heard anything. Now that I've gotten my obligatory, "49ers place player X on IR" headline, I know it's Monday

• Like 2

We can never have a win without putting someone on IR. Scratch that, we can't go ONE WEEK without putting someone on IR. This is so out of hand right now. I'm seriously wondering if there is something going on training wise that is causing this. This is two years in a row that we're getting destroyed by injuries. 

So, no Mostert until the bye week, most likely. I'm guessing he will make his return against the Rams week 12. Coleman is now considered week to week, but it doesn't seem likely that he will play this week. Wilson is still dealing with a calf issue and by the sounds of it, if he doesn't practice on Wednesday, he most likely won't play. 

This leaves us with McKinnon and Hasty. Now, I'm all for Hasty getting more touches this week because I think he's Mostert 2.0, but we're going into this game with 2 healthy RBs right now. Not ideal considering the nature of our injury issues. 

I would promote Hasty to the 53 now and bring in a RB on the PS and protect them on gameday so we have some insurance. 

Edited by NinerNation21

Not sure what was worse. Waking up everyday to a new Baalke/Harbaugh discontent rumor or waking up to another 49ers player on IR during the Shanahan/Lynch saga. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

At first, I wasn't sure what day it was because I hadn't heard anything. Now that I've gotten my obligatory, "49ers place player X on IR" headline, I know it's Monday

Sad but funny post. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, that sucks.

Definitely are a better offense with him in the backfield. True home run hitter and moves at a different speed than anyone else.

Hasty time though! 

the power he has ran with the last two weeks was super impressive to me. Defenders were definitely not ready for him to punch them in the mouth. 

Hasty looked fantastic, imo he should be RB1. Mckinnon hasnt looked good recently. less explosion 

Wouldn't mind Hasty getting RB1 treatment. Looks to me like Jet can't hit that second gear like he could, pre-ACL. Dont know if its injury-related but he doesn't look quick through the hole like he did in Minny. Might just be me though...

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Wouldn't mind Hasty getting RB1 treatment. Looks to me like Jet can't hit that second gear like he could, pre-ACL. Dont know if its injury-related but he doesn't look quick through the hole like he did in Minny. Might just be me though...

Agreed, he looks like lost a step. I would still imagine that jet will start and Hasty will be the rotational guy moving forward.