Bucs (4-2) @ Raiders (3-2)

ravishingone

tenor.gif

A rare Sunday Night game for the Bucs.  Last Sunday night game was @ Dallas, which helped scuttle the playoff hopes during Koetter s first season.

Let s be honest, this is the Gruden Bowl.  Chucky helped give us all the greatest Bucs memory.  Shutting down the Vet, then destroying the Raiders in the SB- Nirvana.

So I like the Bucs offense against the Raiders defense.  Can D Smith build off his best game of the season?  I m not sure the Raiders secondary can hold up.  Maybe I ll be proven wrong.  If they limit penalties and mental errors, I expect the Bucs to move the ball.  Red zone offense was there against the Pack, if they kick FGs like Chicago rhen it gets dicey.

On defense, lots of respect for Josh Jacobs.    Raiders are a big offensive line, but I dont expect the Bucs to get pushed around.  A lot of concern covering the TE.  I would hope Bowles limits the off coverage.  Ruggs is a threat, but giving Carr easy completions  underneath in the first half and into a rhythm would be not very smart.

Finally, if the Bucs are contenders, they have no let down in this game.  Take the Pack momentum and keep rolling.  Being a pretender, penalties and dumb mental errors return.  I agree with BA, they have set a new standard for themselves.  Now, go out and reach that bar again.  

Got to play smart football and not fall asleep defensively. Raiders will pound that ball and take deep shots. Which means our DBs cant be cheating because Ruggs and Aglohor will run right by them. This a good match up for us on both sides. Bowles will force them to be one dimensional and the mistakes will happen. I think we get to Carr and force a pick and win decisively.

31-17

Raiders dont have a pass rush to slow our pass attack down. 

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I don t expect the Bucs to drop on this list.  The debate on whose offense this has become is over.  This is Brady s offense.  No risk it, no biscuit is no longer the main engine.  

disagree only because i dont think its BAs offense altogether , its Leftwich's janky offense that Brady has had to curb

but i do think we need to get these WRs more involved if we are to really open things up

as for the game

depends on which Bucs and which Raiders teams show up

we should be able to shut down Jacobs, the question is , can the secondary keep this momentum and shut down Carr

28-17 Bucs 

heyyoo heres to an injury free game! Excited to watch, and hope the Raiders come ready to play. 
This is a tough task for a Raider team that likes to use a run first / control the clock Offense. 

While Jacobs is a stud, your D has shown they can take away the run game. It will be up to Carr this week, hopefully Gruden realizes this, and doesnt over commit to the run. If its not working, pass to set up the run. 
We are coming off a bye, so hopefully pretty healthy. Ruggs got injured in the first half week 1, and I dont believe weve seen him fully healthy since then, and Agholor on the other side has been an amazing surprise for us, Raider fans. How have you been with stopping opposing TEs? Waller is a stud, but has had a couple down weeks. 

-- 
On the flip side, our D can be had for sure lol. They have shown some life of solid play here and there but never for a whole game. 
Treyvon Mullens is our young CB who is playing very well, but, our other rookie CB is out. Not sure how we will cover all your weapons for long. 
Our Dline is a work in progress, hopefully everyone is well rested and comes in hungry. We need to get to Brady, or he will pick us apart. 

--
Raiders coming off a massive win in KC and then a week to sit around and think about it, this is typically a big time Raider let down game. 
We will see how Gruden has the team ready to play, if the Raiders can play clean, penalty free football, I do think they can win. . . but that is easier said then done. 
--

Very excited for the game, and hope both teams can come out injury free, with the Raiders coming out on top 🤣

Our defense couldn't match-up better for this game...

Raiders love to pound the rock on early downs - our run defense has been elite since last year

Derek Carr over his career has not faired well against pressure, but in particular the blitz - we all know Bowles loves to bring it and early.

Key is going to be not getting the DPI penalties and letting Ruggs take the top off to clear out the underneath routes, or burn us for the homerun ball.