Bucs (4-2) @ Raiders (3-2)

ravishingone

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m not up to date on all the NFL Covid policies.  I m assuming there is still a good chance that with a certain amt of consecutive negative tests, Brown can return by Sunday.  Hoping he gets back soon.

Correct, I believe it's two consecutive negative tests within 48 hours to be cleared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Derek Carr over his career has not faired well against pressure, but in particular the blitz - we all know Bowles loves to bring it and early.

Derek Carr has actually been pretty good against the blitz, as he likes to get the ball out very quickly.

Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr posted an NFL-best 95.9 QBR against the blitz (defined as any play when the defense rushed five or more players) in 2019. Carr also led all quarterbacks in completion percentage (71.6) and yards per attempt (11.11) against the blitz.
https://www.fantasyguru.com/raiders-derek-carr-burned-the-blitz-in-2019/

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Derek Carr has actually been pretty good against the blitz, as he likes to get the ball out very quickly.

Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr posted an NFL-best 95.9 QBR against the blitz (defined as any play when the defense rushed five or more players) in 2019. Carr also led all quarterbacks in completion percentage (71.6) and yards per attempt (11.11) against the blitz.

Is that just for 2019, or over his career course? I'm not being an a**, I'm legit asking as I didn't open the article?

I m curious to see how the Raiders defense attacks the Bucs offense.  Do they play a lot of 2 high safety to minimze the deep shots from Brady?  If they play a lot of 2 high safety, does Rojo gets chunk yards in the running game?

I expect the Bucs offense to put 30 plus on the board.  As long as the oline does not go into penalty mode, not sure the Raiders defense can stop the offense.  Hope to see another good performance from D Smith.  It is not a given.

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m curious to see how the Raiders defense attacks the Bucs offense.  Do they play a lot of 2 high safety to minimze the deep shots from Brady?  If they play a lot of 2 high safety, does Rojo gets chunk yards in the running game?

I expect the Bucs offense to put 30 plus on the board.  As long as the oline does not go into penalty mode, not sure the Raiders defense can stop the offense.  Hope to see another good performance from D Smith.  It is not a given.

Never know with Smith. Something tells me Nassib gets a sack or two on his side but we’ll see.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I seen elite numbers for Aaron Rodgers last week too and was concerned he’d beat us with his arm. Bowles is going to dial it up thats what he does, it’ll be on the DBs to not get beat deep. I can live with short completions. 

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Is that just for 2019, or over his career course? I'm not being an a**, I'm legit asking as I didn't open the article?

that was just for 2019, but id say Carr has been pretty good against the blitz in his career. 
I know people always say that he struggles against it, but, i think it came from 1 very bad year from Carr. 
Since 2016 id say hes been good against the blitz. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

I seen elite numbers for Aaron Rodgers last week too and was concerned he’d beat us with his arm. Bowles is going to dial it up thats what he does, it’ll be on the DBs to not get beat deep. I can live with short completions. 

haha yea not saying Carr will or wont light you up or anything. I know you have a great D. 
Truthfully though Carr gets rid of the ball extremely fast, frustrates a lot of Raider fans because even when there is no rush near, he will check down to second / 3rd read instead of trying to see if something will open up. 

Carr wants to get rid of the ball in 2-3 seconds, so sending extra guys just leaves extra space for our WRs... if the oline can pick up the blitz for a few seconds(big if at times)

I've been catching a bunch of Raiders games. Josh Jacobs is such an impressive runner. He's fun to watch. But, I'd be surprised if he had over 100 yards rushing against the Bucs D. 

I'd predict Waller having a big game though. 

This is going to be a tough game for sure. I'm hoping Evans and Godwin get back to 100% or somewhat close to it. I'm not sure what to expect from the Raiders defense though. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good luck this week guys! Got you guys winning 34-28 as I think you are the better team, but I have some hope since we are coming off a bye and it's in Vegas.

Hoping for an injury free game on both sides!

What makes you think the Bucs win this? 

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

What makes you think the Bucs win this? 

Our Defense is really bad and our run game is the heart of the team, which you guys have a great Run D. Raiders are not quite SB Contenders, they are more like a .500ish team that is still building. Bucs looks pretty complete to me.