NFC East.... yeah it's that thread

Danger

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Not really. The Dolphins and the Bills are both .500 or better and only a fool counts out BB. Jets are the only dumpster fire in the AFCE. The NFCE has 4 terrible teams with only 2 wins outside of the division between the lot.

They don't deserve as much hate as the NFC Least but they still deserve it. They're 5-11 out of division with 3 of those wins coming against the Raiders 2x and the Jaguars

Edited by childofpudding

I really want to talk more about the NFC West - barring some insane unexpected blowouts, all four teams will have a positive point differential after 8 weeks - I can't imagine that's ever happened before.

But the truth is, the Rams/Cardinals/Niners owe most of their differential to the NFC East (and the Jets for the Cards and Niners).

Last night definitely made me feel better about the Rams, but a historically bad division should probably breed a historically good division since they play 25% of their games against each other

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

How many times over the last 20 years have the non pats teams been as bad as the 4 teams in the NFC east right now? 

Quite frequently actually. There's often one decent team which this year is Buffalo, but 8ts nit been uncommon for 2 or even all 3 non pats teams inthe AFC East to be very mediocre or even flat out horrible. 

15 hours ago, childofpudding said:

They don't deserve as much hate as the NFC Least but they still deserve it. They're 5-11 out of division with 3 of those wins coming against the Raiders 2x and the Jaguars

That's some serious cherry picking. Having 5 wins vs 2 wins outside of your division is a big difference, especially when you consider we are 6 weeks into the season.

2 hours ago, Billy86 said:

Quite frequently actually. There's often one decent team which this year is Buffalo, but 8ts nit been uncommon for 2 or even all 3 non pats teams inthe AFC East to be very mediocre or even flat out horrible. 

Quite frequently? The questions was "How many times over the last 20 years have the non pats teams been as bad as the 4 teams in the NFC east right now?", not "How many seasons do you think the rest of the AFCE was average to below average". The closest was probably 2018, but that result wasn't something I'd say was frequent.

They really need to evaluate whether to redo/get rid of divisions, or at least have "minimum threshold" stipulations. The AFC North has 3+ 5 win teams, and yet the NFC East is headed for about a 6-10 division winner.

In the AFC, based solely on geography, they should have something like this:

AFC East:

Baltimore

New England

NY Jets

Buffalo 

AFC North:

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

AFC South:

Tennessee

Miami

Houston

Jacksonville

To be honest, the Saints/Panthers all have as much business being in the NFC East as the Cowboys from a geographical standpoint.

53 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's some serious cherry picking. Having 5 wins vs 2 wins outside of your division is a big difference, especially when you consider we are 6 weeks into the season.

Did you read my post? "They don't deserve as much hate as the NFC Least but they still deserve it."

5-11 is the 2nd worst out of division record of any division in the NFL, so yeah, AFC East deserve the hate too.

20 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Did you read my post? "They don't deserve as much hate as the NFC Least but they still deserve it."

5-11 is the 2nd worst out of division record of any division in the NFL, so yeah, AFC East deserve the hate too.

Yes - I did. The AFCE doesn't deserve it because they aren't nearly as bad. The Jets are not turning anything around, but the Pats can easily do so and the Dolphins are above water right now. As for the NFCE, they are staring at a 7-9 division leader.

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

How many times over the last 20 years have the non pats teams been as bad as the 4 teams in the NFC east right now? 

All 4 teams are garbage 

2007, 2012 and 2018 were the only years in which the 2nd place team in the AFCE finished with a sub-.500 record

• Like 1

I see Washington being aggressive before the trade deadline.

I think they could be looking for a multitude of possibilities. #2WR, SS w/Collins out for yr, O-line, maybe even a TE even though Logan Thomas is playing well.

The division is up for grabs & with the way Washington curb stomping the Cowboys the way they did? I can see Washington making some moves.

The price will be a major factor of course...we shall see.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yes - I did. The AFCE doesn't deserve it because they aren't nearly as bad. The Jets are not turning anything around, but the Pats can easily do so and the Dolphins are above water right now. As for the NFCE, they are staring at a 7-9 division leader.

Disagree, they do deserve the hate. They have the worst out of division record in the AFC.

I took a good look at the remaining schedules.

💩 If the Eagles sweep Dallas and beat Football Team to end the season then 5-10-1 will win the division. Beating the Giants would just be 6-9-1 gravy 💩

The only way that doesn't happen is if DCFT wins 2 of 3 out of Carolina, Cincy, and at Detroit. (along with NY and Dallas)

Edited by SkippyX

The math is still possible for 4-11-1 and 3-3 in division.

NY 1-6 DC 2-5 Dal 2-5 Philly 2-4-1

Tampa BYE at Philly Dallas
at DC Giants Pit BYE
Philly at Lions BYE at Giants
BYE Bengals at Min at Cleveland
at Cincy at Dallas DC Seattle
at Seattle at Pit at Baltimore at Green Bay
Arizona at SF at Cincy New Orleans
Cleveland Seattle SF at Arizona
at Baltimore Carolina Philly at Dallas
Dallas at Philly at Giants DC

4-12 4-12 4-12 4-11-1

Imagine the week 17 hype for a winner take all of 4-11 Football Team at 3-11-1 Philly

Just now, SkippyX said:

The math is still possible for 4-11-1 and 3-3 in division.

NY 1-6 DC 2-5 Dal 2-5 Philly 2-4-1

Tampa BYE at Philly Dallas
at DC Giants Pit BYE
Philly at Lions BYE at Giants
BYE Bengals at Min at Cleveland
at Cincy at Dallas DC Seattle
at Seattle at Pit at Baltimore at Green Bay
Arizona at SF at Cincy New Orleans
Cleveland Seattle SF at Arizona
at Baltimore Carolina Philly at Dallas
Dallas at Philly at Giants DC

4-12 4-12 4-12 4-11-1

Imagine the week 17 hype for a winner take all of 4-11 Football Team at 3-11-1 Philly

So the winner gets to be embarrassed at home the following week and the loser gets a top-5 pick.
That's gonna be an amazing game to watch. 

• Like 2