Gameballs & Mike Nolans

CAPJ

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

In the exact same spot we are in... we are paying him $32 M. Why do people act like we let him walk in FA just because we tagged him? He is counting significantly towards the cap this year. He was one of the highest paid players in the game last night

He'd have a lower cap hit and we'd have him locked up long-term, is my point.

GB: Andy Dalton. The team seriously let him down. He made a nice shuttle pass to Zeke to escape a sack and Zeke fumbles it. Zeke fumbles again on a drive. Gallup drops a for sure TD. His slant to Amari Cooper was picked but that’s the same route, same WR, and same result as the Cleveland game. Amari stopped on the slant again. He made a poor throw/choice in the beginning and the INT was dropped. Got lucky there. It wasn’t pretty but Dalton wasn’t the problem. He made a number of nice throws, and had some heat. 

Nolans:

ZEKE! You lost this game. You got benched for Tony Pollard. You hurt Zack Martin. You are a disappointment to your family. 

The defense I guess. Although I thought they played well in the first half. 

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

He'd have a lower cap hit and we'd have him locked up long-term, is my point.

How do you figure? He would have a similar deal as Watson. Watsons cap hits are anywhere from 32 to 42 mil depending on the year. The franchise tag is designed for players to get what they would get if they were top paid players at the position. So no, he wouldn’t be cheaper if we guaranteed him more years of getting paid like he is now.

Edited by DaBoys

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

GB: Andy Dalton.

This tells you everything you ever need to know about the pure hatred and heel-digging some in this forum have towards Dak. 

Andy Dalton was absolutely, unequivocally complete and utter garbage last night. Dude was missing every WR deeper than 5-7 yards by a mile. He literally pegged a defender in the back when our WR was open. He could only complete passes to RBs and TEs.  

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How do you figure? He would have a similar deal as Watson. Watsons cap hits are anywhere from 32 to 42 mil depending on the year. The franchise tag is designed for players to get what they would get if they were top paid players at the position. So no, he wouldn’t be cheaper if guaranteed him more years of getting paid like he is now.

No he wouldnt. He accepted 4 for $35m/yr before the season. The Joneses just wouldnt agree. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This tells you everything you ever need to know about the pure hatred and heel-digging some in this forum have towards Dak. 

Andy Dalton was absolutely, unequivocally complete and utter garbage last night. Dude was missing every WR deeper than 5-7 yards by a mile. He literally pegged a defender in the back when our WR was open. He could only complete passes to RBs and TEs.  

And you are telling me everything I need to hear to determine your blind Dak love. Dak does all of those things and you make excuses for him. 

No he wouldnt. He accepted 4 for $35m/yr before the season. The Joneses just wouldnt agree. 

Herrrr durrrrr 

Dak is getting paid 32 million he would be cheaper if we locked him up

Because he already accepted 35 MIL!!!

35 is cheaper than 32 

And you are telling me everything I need to hear to determine your blind Dak love. Dak does all of those things and you make excuses for him. 

No, Dak doesnt. And literally 99.99999% of the football world disagrees with you that Dalton deserves a 'gameball'. Dude was trash and the team quit on him. You are trolling the hell out of your own fanbase by refusing to admit that.

But then again, Dak also elevates those around him so that people like you think that we are so uber talented that we can replace him. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Herrrr durrrrr 

Dak is getting paid 32 million he would be cheaper if we locked him up

Because he already accepted 35 MIL!!!

35 is cheaper than 32 

herrr durrr, you dont understand contracts apparently. His cap hit would have been lower this year. And an additional heerr durrr to not realize I was refuting that his contract would be like Watons. 

Edited by Matts4313

herrr durrr, you dont understand contracts apparently. His cap hit would have been lower this year. 

This year? How much lower? What about next year? Quit acting like Dallas would be saving money by spending more. I don’t need to work at Charles Schwab to understand that giving a player more money will cause the team to have less of it. I learned that as a toddler when they taught us the concept of sharing. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The what...quit on ...who?

Dalton. The Coaches. On each other. 

This year? How much lower? What about next year? Quit acting like Dallas would be saving money by spending more. I don’t need to work at Charles Schwab to understand that giving a player more money will cause the team to have less of it. I learned that as a toddler when they taught us the concept of sharing. 

Did you learn about inflation and the time value of money?